Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

has anyone done it this way?

has anyone done it this way?

Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default has anyone done it this way?

Hi,

we have only got 5 months left before, we have to enter Aus, and we are so worried that our house wont sell, has anyone came to AUS, got their visa stamped, and then went back sold the house and came back again, I dont if it can be done under the STNI visa.
any suggestion is appreciated.

farideh
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Susan Devoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anyone done it this way?

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Hi,

we have only got 5 months left before, we have to enter Aus, and we are so worried that our house wont sell, has anyone came to AUS, got their visa stamped, and then went back sold the house and came back again, I dont if it can be done under the STNI visa.

farideh

We didn't do it that way but it is possible to do do on a STNI visa. Some friends of ours are doing just that in a few weeks time. Good luck with everything. Where are you headed?

S
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi S

We didn't do it that way but it is possible to do do on a STNI visa. Some friends of ours are doing just that in a few weeks time. Good luck with everything. Where are you headed?

We are off to Adelaide

farideh
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Susan Devoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi S

We are off to Adelaide

farideh
Farideh

We are in Adelaide too - moving to Perth soon though!

Hope everything goes well for you.

Susan
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Susan Devoy
Farideh

We are in Adelaide too - moving to Perth soon though!

Hope everything goes well for you.

Susan

Had the same conversation with our agent yesterday.Once the visa is stamped,you have 5 years.
Nick
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Hi,

farideh
Why do you have to go back to sell the house? There's another thread running about selling your house while your over here. Sorry can't help with the visa stuff.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

farideh

The market's supposed to be on the move so you may be Ok. I hope it's true cos I really want to get going
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

because in our application it says we have to have enough money to support our selves for the first 2 years, before becoming citizen.
we haven't got job waiting, as we are on STNI visa, so we hope my hubby get job straight away.
but if we doesn't, I dont know how else we can live down under and support ourselves and 3 kids.

farideh
Old Feb 25th 2006, 11:05 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

because in our application it says we have to have enough money to support our selves for the first 2 years, before becoming citizen.
we haven't got job waiting, as we are on STNI visa, so we hope my hubby get job straight away.
but if we doesn't, I dont know how else we can live down under and support ourselves and 3 kids.

farideh
They are talking of making it 3 yrs before you can become a citizen.

What job does your hubby do?
Old Feb 25th 2006, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by possoms
They are talking of making it 3 yrs before you can become a citizen.

What job does your hubby do?
HELLLLOOOOO
Old Feb 25th 2006, 2:03 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Should not be a need for you to fly back - compare the cost of the airfares against lowering the selling price - paying a better agent and increased fee.

We faced a similar predictament however:

You should have a decent estate agent

A solicitor who has voice mail they answer back and email.

A bank that can deal with overseas transfers ie request by fax, internet or phone.

We accepted an offer, exchanged, and completed while skiing in NZ and even dealt with a few issues at the last minute with regarding additional chattels. The solicitor did a marvellous job and took all the stress away - so dont be cheap on solicitors fees.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

hi possoms,

this is what my husband does mechanical engineering numerical analysis.
dont know how big it is in SA, but it was on the list.

regards

farideh
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:28 pm

hi possoms,

this is what my husband does mechanical engineering numerical analysis.
dont know how big it is in SA, but it was on the list.

regards

farideh
We also are going STNI and have to validate by June, still not managed to sell the house.

We have booked a validation trip in May, we will go come back and sell the house, your visa is valid for 5 yrs so once it is validated you can go when you want in that time frame. Your obviously better going within the first 2 yrs to gain enough time to apply for citizenship and avoid mucking about with RRV.

Good luck with the house, there are people who have gone and sold it whilst out there and people who havent sold at all just rented it out.

Possoms
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: has anyone done it this way?

hi possoms,
its scary to go there if you haven't got job, as most of your capital is in your house, and as I read from most forum about people who have gone there and not able to get job.
so the house has to sell to cover our expense unless i win the lottery, then who cares if he doesn't get job.

farideh
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:18 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

hi possoms,
its scary to go there if you haven't got job, as most of your capital is in your house, and as I read from most forum about people who have gone there and not able to get job.
so the house has to sell to cover our expense unless i win the lottery, then who cares if he doesn't get job.

farideh
I think at the same time going with a lot of money in your pocket may be a disincentive to get a job as fast as one would with no or little money.

Of course it would be silly to turn up not knowing the local job market or without having already made contact with respective employment agencies.

I arrived in the UK with £1000 withdrawn on my credit card and boy did I make sure I had a job by the end of the first week. - (Still lived on 4 weetbix a day for the first 3 weeks until I got paid)

Why not crash in a caravan park for a few weeks to save cash? There seem to be plenty around the gold coast. I remember travelling up from Sydney with to Cairns and staying in some decent but cheap permanent caravan homes. Hey its only temporary till the money starts coming in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.