Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been turned down for a vias due to their child having Dyspraxia ?

Has anyone been turned down for a vias due to their child having Dyspraxia ?

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Claire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really nice
Default Re: Has anyone been turned down for a vias due to their child having Dyspraxia ?

Hi Janie,
we too were turned down for a PR visa in Dec 2007 as our child is reg. blind. I shall PM you with what we are doing now. I have to say reading this thread I think you have been "singled out" possibly?
Claire
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all
Default Re: Has anyone been turned down for a vias due to their child having Dyspraxia ?

Hi Janie

we have found out today we have a case office and the agent will be ringing them to discuss the case in more detail in the next couple of days, the agent seems to think that if what we are saying about our son is true then there really should not be a problem.

Will keep you posted.

take care

Eve xx
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

shark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant futureshark bait has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by glittababe
hey my sons got aspergers and he was fine - don't worry!
hi
my 8 year olds has been diagnosed with aspergers, but he does well at school, needs no extra help. Excells at art .
He just gets a frustrated quite easily and stuggles a bit socially (bit is immproving), also his speech is a little bit slower.
We have a letter off an ocupational therapist here in the uk, which gives a basic report .
We are coming to oz on a 2 yr student visa which give him 2 yrs schooling before we can apply for pr .

has anyone has probs gaining pr with mild form of aspergers?

Last edited by shark bait; Jul 23rd 2008 at 10:18 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

From what I can gather Sharbait as long as your child does not fit the criteria for intellectual benefits then you should be fine.

We have chased up the private Developmental psychologist and they now say they dont know when they can fit us in!!!! this report is going to cost apx 2k I should think they could fit us in!!!

Teacher has written report for us and has been sent to panel Doc so feels better to have started getting all the info together, and his tested reading age has improved.

Eve x
Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Further meds now booked for two weeks time, excellent rep[ort frpm teachers so feeling a bit better - house sale fell through today though!!!

if its not one thing its another!!!

Eve x
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Had the psychology testing today and get the draft report tomorrow!!!

Oh my god I hope Australia pass his med, here goes for the longest couple of weeks of our lives yet!

Eve x
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eve209
Had the psychology testing today and get the draft report tomorrow!!!

Oh my god I hope Australia pass his med, here goes for the longest couple of weeks of our lives yet!

Eve x
Gosh Eve, you really have it all going on at the moment don't you?

Best wishes hon!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Tell me about it! if we ever get this visa I might just have gone too mad and they may refuse to let me on the plane, being a gibbering wreck

Mind you all this realy stressfull stuff has all come together, house sale falling apart ish, further meds, court for the kids soon, so probably better to have it all condenced into a few weeks than spead out over months.

Will have the draft report today so hopefully that will ease some of the worry!

Eve x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Claire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really niceClaire W is just really nice

Best of look Eve...I have been following your thread with interest...we are currently on our 2nd application following a refusal just over 18 months ago.
Had our meds 4 weeks ago for a 457 so hoping to hear vey soon how it is going.
I know how you are feeling...it just consumes you..oh to have things simple like the most on here with only the wait to worry about....
You are not on your own so chin up....I can see you are a fighter which is good..
Take care
Claire
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Claire W
Best of look Eve...I have been following your thread with interest...we are currently on our 2nd application following a refusal just over 18 months ago.
Had our meds 4 weeks ago for a 457 so hoping to hear vey soon how it is going.
I know how you are feeling...it just consumes you..oh to have things simple like the most on here with only the wait to worry about....
You are not on your own so chin up....I can see you are a fighter which is good..
Take care
Claire
Thanks Claire,

I hope to god we get the Visa 1st time I dont know if we could all handle doing this all over again, we are looking into the waiver of health requirement for our son should the worst come to the worst, as I think there would be issues of prejudice for not being able to read very well and having a lower than average IQ! there are many jobs he could do and he could be independent, and the progress he has shown in the couple of years he has lived with us demonstrates that a lot of his problems were/are due to the neglect from his mother.

Its a painful day today waiting to see the medical report, but the psychologist was reassuring.

I do so hope your meds go smoothly for you this time all the best

Eve x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Eve....I think your'e right there is def. prejudice in these cases. Caleb although being reg. blind plays out and does everything that the other kids around here do. Fair does he may not be the best footballer and can't see the ball until too late in cricket but it dosn't stop him wanting to have a go. He can go on his computer, is at this moment on his DS, it is up to his nose but he can do it ! He is in mainstream with extra help at the mo but which they are slowly reducing to give him independance...he runs round our garden...swings as high as poss then jumps off!!!!!! all that kids do generally. At school it is assumed that he will go onto university to do further study.
It pees me off that they seem to assume that he won't work and will just cost the Oz community....well he WILL bloody work because we wouldn't let him get away with not doing...he is very bright and has the best memory , so there is no excuse not to do! So in fact he will be paying taxes to the Oz government !!Also and on top of that I shall be working, my OH will be working his brother will eventually be working......do I need to go on ?!!
I know you will know where I'm coming from !!
We need to get across there to prove it to them !!
Will post if we hear anything !
Claire
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Well bad news today...our sponsor has pulled out.... a bond was needed to be granted the visa....it was simply a letter from their accountant to show that they had access to the money and it didn't have to move from their account...only for if it was needed...but of course if our son had needed any surgery, which he dosen't, we would sort it. Anyway it was enough to put the sponsor off and now we need to find another. At least this time we know from the start what will be required and we all go in with our eyes open. Probably won't be Canberra now, after I just got used to the idea !!
Just hoping now we can find someone who can see this is not going to be a problem !!
Hoping for better post next time....this next will def. be the last !!?
Claire
Old Aug 20th 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry to hear your news claire, I hope your agent can find you another sponsor. What is it you do, maybe someone on here can help you? Just wish I could do something to help

Our further med should be landing in Oz tonight so the MOC will get tomorrow, but havn't clue how long it will take for them to make a decision! just have to wait and see.

Take care

Eve xxxx
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Eve...I am a hairdresser...I think agent is going to be looking at contacts in the Brisbane area that he has, but they are also starting a big mailing campaign next week. They have the bullet by the teeth now and are determined...and I feel like I can almost touch it....just that bit further.....think thats why I am not broken yet!!!!
Good luck yourselves .....the last few weeks waiting for outcome of meds have been the hardest yet...don't think it can getany worse now ??!!!
Let us know how you go on
Claire
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claire W
Well bad news today...our sponsor has pulled out.... a bond was needed to be granted the visa....it was simply a letter from their accountant to show that they had access to the money and it didn't have to move from their account...only for if it was needed...but of course if our son had needed any surgery, which he dosen't, we would sort it. Anyway it was enough to put the sponsor off and now we need to find another. At least this time we know from the start what will be required and we all go in with our eyes open. Probably won't be Canberra now, after I just got used to the idea !!
Just hoping now we can find someone who can see this is not going to be a problem !!
Hoping for better post next time....this next will def. be the last !!?
Claire
So sorry Claire!
Good luck with the next phase. Tried to send you ore K but I gotta go spread
Thinking of you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.