Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has ANYONE been turned down???

Wikiposts

Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has ANYONE been turned down???

Originally Posted by Merlot
Stone the crows!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!!! How much!!! :scared: There are skint people like me out there!!!

Do you have to pay a famous "bond"? I saw on a previous thread a sum of $100,000!!!

I suppose I have built up an impression that many going don't have to worry about the cost side with talks of mortgage free lives, fancy cars, etc.

Best of luck
Merlot
Judging by everything I have read on here, I would say that those who know they will have the mortgage free life are in the minority. Most people know and expect that they are going to have to work hard, have a mortgage, etc etc.

Those that get the extra 5 points with the bond, either get a loan which will obviously be repaid when they get it back, or take it out of the profit of the house they sell here - again they will get it back eventually.

I think we are lucky in that we currently live in the South East and our house has gone up to silly money (in my mind) and we should have no problem being mortgage free (assuming we sell the bl**dy thing) , BUT we will still have to work damned hard to be able to do the things we want to - no different from here.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:24 pm
Banned

E=mc2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by klmar
How did you manage to get through the next time if you didn't have enough points 1st time around?
I would guess at updated skills or the lodge of $100K bond.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 10:37 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Problems- yes, hold-ups- yes, major setbacks- affirmative but an absolute no- Never??
I used to get turned down all the time when in my formative and hormonal late teens/early twenties... didn't stop me from trying again and again and again and again though.

Cheers.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:06 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by wargod
I think i have read somewhere (or perhaps dreamt it!!!) that so long as you pass the criteria, you will not fail,
You didn't dream it, I posted it in reply to someones thread. We were told this at the Emigrate 2004 expo in York, by someone (now a migration agent) who, along with another colleague of his used to work for DIMIA.

As for costs, so far ours are as follows:
£125 ($300) + £5.00 postage failed TRA skills assessment
£205 ($350) + £5.00 postage failed ACS skills assessment
£145 ($500) second TRA skills assessment
£1762.50 Migration agents fees
£758 ($1845) visa application
£20 2 x PCC's
£3025.50 Total (and we havent started on the medicals yet!)

We are not in the 'comfortable' class, just had to work extra and save very hard!!
Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:16 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

In all the time i have watched this forum and the progression of those applying for visas it suddenly dawned on me today that i have never seen one post about a visa being declined
Problems- yes, hold-ups- yes, major setbacks- affirmative but an absolute no- Never??
So why is this I am wondering. If people get a no do they just not post about it? or do the majority of people get accepted.....If so, what the hell have i been worrying about for the last 11 months

Famous last words
I can remember one man getting turned down as they found out he had HIV which is wasn't aware of beforehand :scared: Another woman got turned down due to previously having cancer and it was too soon after her treatment to pass her. Some people failed due to the points, can't recall anyone failing due to bad character although if you were a mass murderer I expect you would work out there would be no chance of a visa in the first place!!

Our STNI visa cost us approx £2500 - £3000 including TRA, medicals, agents, DIMIA fees.

Sasha
Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snappy
I can remember one man getting turned down as they found out he had HIV which is wasn't aware of beforehand :scared:
Sasha
I must say it has crossed my mind that I do the medicals and they find something horrendous and only give me months to live How ironic my worry about a visa would seem then (Not that im inclined towards pessimism at all! )
Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:34 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

I must say it has crossed my mind that I do the medicals and they find something horrendous and only give me months to live How ironic my worry about a visa would seem then (Not that im inclined towards pessimism at all! )
It did happen to my hubbie. We had our medicals and were told byt he following Thursday everything will be back and he would check it and send it all off. Thursday we didn't hear anything so sat there having our dinner saying that everything must be lovely jubbly and away it goes. The phone rang and I could tell form my hubbies face there was somethign wrong - instantly thought he had lung cancer (smoking and his mother died of cancer), he was on the phoen for ages and said you had better explain this to the wife!!!

The doctor told me he had a weak positive for HIV in his blood test :scared: I do have to say though it was a relief as I knew if he said cancer then there was nothing we could do about it but knowing you have to catch HIV I knew there was no chance. He went back the following morning and had another blood test which they rushed through and we had the results by lunchtime ....everything was OK.

Apparently it is quite common that sometimes you may get a faulty test and it shows you as a weak positive. Someone I know out in Oz applying was actualyll pre warned about this when they went for their medicals but they don't warn you over here.

So before you go stabbing your hubbie or divorcing him just wait until the 2nd test result comes back

Sasha
Old Jan 28th 2005, 12:48 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snappy
It did happen to my hubbie. We had our medicals and were told byt he following Thursday everything will be back and he would check it and send it all off. Thursday we didn't hear anything so sat there having our dinner saying that everything must be lovely jubbly and away it goes. The phone rang and I could tell form my hubbies face there was somethign wrong - instantly thought he had lung cancer (smoking and his mother died of cancer), he was on the phoen for ages and said you had better explain this to the wife!!!

The doctor told me he had a weak positive for HIV in his blood test :scared: I do have to say though it was a relief as I knew if he said cancer then there was nothing we could do about it but knowing you have to catch HIV I knew there was no chance. He went back the following morning and had another blood test which they rushed through and we had the results by lunchtime ....everything was OK.

Apparently it is quite common that sometimes you may get a faulty test and it shows you as a weak positive. Someone I know out in Oz applying was actualyll pre warned about this when they went for their medicals but they don't warn you over here.

So before you go stabbing your hubbie or divorcing him just wait until the 2nd test result comes back

Sasha
bloody hell you must of went through agony waiting for that to come back :scared:

im stressed enough of thinking about what they might find i also read the thread about someone having hiv and not knowing im skhaking now
Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:00 am
I need a beer.....

Originally Posted by kelli28
bloody hell you must of went through agony waiting for that to come back :scared:

im stressed enough of thinking about what they might find i also read the thread about someone having hiv and not knowing im skhaking now
I wasn't stressed about it as they said it had to be something in the last 3 months to show such a weak positive and unless hubbie had suddenly got over his fear of blood, or the wasp that stung him on his head had HIV the only other way of him getting it was from sleeping around. I did ask him a few questions I must admit, but knowing what he is like there was no way, plus I was all clear, so we knew it wasn't correct right at the start.

He did get put down as category B though which was very unfair as it wasn't his fault he had a faulty test. Just had to happen to him though

The actual medicals are very easy and nothing to get stressed about honestly

Sasha
Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:15 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this thread was going to be on the same subject as Bondipom's Nookie Poll
Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:46 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that HIV question and reminded me that we were commenting that we were having these HIV tests - and no counselling before hand... I thought it was kinda mandatory to have counselling in advance of an HIV test in case it comes back wrong (as it were.).
Old Jan 28th 2005, 1:51 am
I need a beer.....

Originally Posted by spalen
Interesting that HIV question and reminded me that we were commenting that we were having these HIV tests - and no counselling before hand... I thought it was kinda mandatory to have counselling in advance of an HIV test in case it comes back wrong (as it were.).
We had counselling at a charge of £10 each which took about 5 seconds!!!!! It consisted of the doc telling us how they measure the HIV virus and that was about it..... worth the £20??? I think not

Sasha
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:05 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
We discussed this here a while back, and it is "mandatory" to have counselling, both before the test, and when the results come back. I think there is even a mention of it on the medical form, reminding the doctor.. However very few doctors bother - which I think is terrible, when you consider the impact HIV can have on your life.
Old Jan 28th 2005, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We discussed this here a while back, and it is "mandatory" to have counselling, both before the test, and when the results come back. I think there is even a mention of it on the medical form, reminding the doctor.. However very few doctors bother - which I think is terrible, when you consider the impact HIV can have on your life.
Great. Like i need another thing to worry about at 3am :scared:
Old Jan 28th 2005, 8:05 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Can you fail a medical if your BMI is over 30? I read a previous post that they had a BMI of 28 and was only just under obese!! :scared:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.