Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been to Port Pirie, SA?

Has anyone been to Port Pirie, SA?

Old Aug 13th 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

The Wises is on a distinguished road
Default Has anyone been to Port Pirie, SA?

Hi

Has anyone been to Port Pirie in South Australia? My husband has just been offer a job there? We set our hearts on moving to Adelaide so we are not sure what to do now. Its a really good offer so it might be worth it or is it just a good offer cause no one wants to go there?

Any advice to be greatly appreciated.

Gina
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone been to Port Pirie, SA?

I have been there once a long time ago. I was on a ship with my husband so only went to the doctor I remember it was dusty that day.

Hope someone else can shed some light on it for you.

Its a smelter town so they are keen on keeping an eye on lead levels.
Have a look at this web site about it also have a google about Port Pirie.

http://www.tenby10.com.au/EveryChild.aspx
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. That has put me off. I am sure it is a nice place but we set our hearts on Adelaide which is two hours away.

Looks like no one else as heard of the place.

Gina
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:06 am
Just Joined

Louise EP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gina,
There was a little thread started by Burkins on Port Pirie, have you looked at that?
Are there any other options for you?
Louise
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you had your heart set on Adelaide maybe Port Pirie would not be for you.

You have to be really sure because its hard emigrating to a place you really want to go to but if you go somewhere you are not sure of then you may be disappointed.

My friend's husband was plumber working with lead and there are not a lot of them here and I seem to remember her telling me Port Pirie was not her cup of tea they lived on the York Peninsula until they moved over to Melbourne.
Old Aug 15th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your replys.

It doesn't sound that great. I will keep my fingers crossed that he hears back from some of the other jobs he has applied for and we can go to Adelaide after all.

Gina x