Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone been to Buderim

Has anyone been to Buderim

Old May 27th 2007, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Willse is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Has anyone been to Buderim

We are thinking about moving to Buderim in Queensland but have yet to speak to anyone who has been. We have relatives that live there but would like to hear from any Brits who have been. Does anyone know what the work situation is ? Is there work for an electrician and any idea what they get paid??
My wife has the usual Brit problem - Spiders.
Obviously she knows their there, but do you come across them or are they (like our relatives say) hardly ever seen !!
Old May 27th 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone been to Buderim

Originally Posted by Willse
We are thinking about moving to Buderim in Queensland but have yet to speak to anyone who has been. We have relatives that live there but would like to hear from any Brits who have been. Does anyone know what the work situation is ? Is there work for an electrician and any idea what they get paid??
Obviously she knows their there, but do you come across them or are they (like our relatives say) hardly ever seen !!
Give me 4 weeks and will tell you. haha.

We are umming and arrring over mountain creek or buderim. OH likes look of Buderim, so keeping an open mind.
Old May 27th 2007, 10:45 pm
life's good

allison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the rough

I am sure you will find work. Not sure what the pay is. Buderim is great as are the surrounding areas. it is very hilly and you will need a car to get around.

spiders are here but they are mostly outdoors. When you move in your house get a pest control and that keeps things at bay for a while. Also every couple of months or so it is worth getting some mortein or euivalent to spray the bbq, outdoor furniture, nooks and crannies and washing line etc\

don't let it stop you coming cos i am not a fan of spiders or snakes
Old May 28th 2007, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allison
I am sure you will find work. Not sure what the pay is. Buderim is great as are the surrounding areas. it is very hilly and you will need a car to get around.

spiders are here but they are mostly outdoors. When you move in your house get a pest control and that keeps things at bay for a while. Also every couple of months or so it is worth getting some mortein or euivalent to spray the bbq, outdoor furniture, nooks and crannies and washing line etc\

don't let it stop you coming cos i am not a fan of spiders or snakes
ooo thats useful info allison. cheers
Old May 28th 2007, 9:49 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

It is on the outskirts of Maroochydore which is all part of the Sunshine Coast sprawl so heaps of everything and anything you need is there. Buderiim is hilly lot's of pole homes, so nice little nooks and crankies to find some nice houses around there, also has more trees etc in the streets and around houses. In the centre of Buderim it is small but pretty with a few shops, real estates etc. We looked at a few houses up there, some of them were great others not so. It is a popular spot for people to live around Maroochydore.

Work wise well it's the Sunshine Coast which expanding all the time so I can't see a problem finding work there.

Spiders yes Australia in general has spiders as does the UK. Spray the house as Allison has suggested or well get a large shoe close to you at all times and a can of Mortein to kill the things......we have never had any horrible spiders in any of our houses and we have been here for 2 years now.
Old May 28th 2007, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Has anyone been to Buderim

Thanks for all the reply's so far, keep them coming.
Is there any other nice places around the Buderim area
Old May 28th 2007, 11:35 pm
life's good

allison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the reply's so far, keep them coming.
Is there any other nice places around the Buderim area
As snappy said the area is sprwaling. Buderim is a huge area. In the vicinity there is sippy downs, mountain creek, kuluin, marrochydore, mooloolaba, kawana, pacific paradise and so on. look at google satellite - it might give you an appreciation of how big the area is. We are looking to buy and it is so hard to know where to choose!
Old May 29th 2007, 7:46 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

the spiders in buderim are generally more affluent, probably older...retired..... slower paced...in bed by 830pm ...thats compared to the spiders in caloundra who are a wee bit younger and in bed by 930pm
Old May 29th 2007, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Allison

Are you from the area or have you just moved out there. Can you give me as much information as possible please.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

We live near Buderim.
There are a couple of websites dedicated to buderim

buderim.com & buderimvillage.com.au

It's very popular, as are the surrounding areas so I'm sure you will find something/somewhere to suit you.

I won't post a picture of the spider we had in our lounge the other day!
Old May 29th 2007, 11:42 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kitty4
We live near Buderim.
There are a couple of websites dedicated to buderim

buderim.com & buderimvillage.com.au

It's very popular, as are the surrounding areas so I'm sure you will find something/somewhere to suit you.

I won't post a picture of the spider we had in our lounge the other day!
Thanks for the websites. This is an area we are looking to settle in so they are very handy.
Old May 30th 2007, 5:26 am
life's good

Allison

Are you from the area or have you just moved out there. Can you give me as much information as possible please.
No I moved form cheshire but i love the area and am definitely not going back to uk.
Old May 30th 2007, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Spiders are a real problem for me. How often do you come accross these big buggers.
Old May 30th 2007, 11:37 pm
life's good

Spiders are a real problem for me. How often do you come accross these big buggers.
It depends on circumstances. When we lived in an apartment in sydney few years ago. In 18 months I saw 3 spiders. One when camping, one on the apartment window and one on the ground at the park.

While living in a house here in kawana for 4 months when we moved it need a pest control - we had 1 juvenile redback under the kitchen window outside and 1 upstairs on the balcony. They seem to shy away and were not aggressive at all. i think the only time people have the misfortune with spiders is if they accidentally put there hand on one when it is hiding. Correct me if I am worng but i think most of the spiders out here are non aggressive. maybe only the huntsmans are cheeky?

Apart from the sydney funnel web none of them in QLD/australia are killers to adults. although they are harmful to pets and young children.

As i siad before don't let it stop you. I am extremely phobic of snakes and not much better with spiders but life is gr8 here.

If anything you have to watch out for the bad drivers!
Old Jun 1st 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

mrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nice
Smile Re: Has anyone been to Buderim

Hi, we have just bought a house in Buderim. We looked around a few areas, all very nice, but felt that Buderim had a really nice community feel. It is up on hill so has some spectacular views and is really close to the beaches. Our son has enrolled at Mountain Creek State High School, one of the local schools, and we have been told by bumerous people that this school has a really good reputation which is another bonus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.