Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anyone applied for a white card from the UK

Has anyone applied for a white card from the UK

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of
Default Has anyone applied for a white card from the UK

Hi iam leaving in a months time and I was looking for anyone who had experience in obtaining a white card from the UK. How long did it take? Is it cheaper and if they could reccommend a company. I E-mailed a company and they said they could have it in scotland for 3 weeks. but I reckon these companies would tell you anything to get money off you.

Also could any one reccomend an ozzie bank, I was looking to open up an account before I landed.

thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone applied for a white card from the UK

Originally Posted by timmerman
Hi iam leaving in a months time and I was looking for anyone who had experience in obtaining a white card from the UK. How long did it take? Is it cheaper and if they could reccommend a company. I E-mailed a company and they said they could have it in scotland for 3 weeks. but I reckon these companies would tell you anything to get money off you.

Also could any one reccomend an ozzie bank, I was looking to open up an account before I landed.

thanks
Seriously I wouldn't bother. It's a very quick and easy course and you can do it online when you get here. http://www.whitecardonline.com.au/

Banks - ANZ, Wesrpac, HSBC, Commonwealth, Bank of SA - lots to chose from. Maybe let people know where you are looking at living and they may be able to let you know who has the most branches around that area.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Wendy;9880841]Seriously I wouldn't bother. It's a very quick and easy course and you can do it online when you get here. http://www.whitecardonline.com.au/

Is it not dearer once your there to go into a centre and sit it? I would have to go in and sit the course as I wouldnt really have a mailing address(hostel)
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Banks - ANZ, Wesrpac, HSBC, Commonwealth, Bank of SA - lots to chose from. Maybe let people know where you are looking at living and they may be able to let you know who has the most branches around that area. [/QUOTE]

Melbourne
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Is it not dearer once your there to go into a centre and sit it? I would have to go in and sit the course as I wouldnt really have a mailing address(hostel)

Mine was $100 (I didn't pay though, my company did). Google 'White card victoria' for more costs - I found one last night for $65

Use the hostels address? or do you know anyone here that would let you use their address?
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wendy
Mine was $100 (I didn't pay though, my company did). Google 'White card victoria' for more costs - I found one last night for $65

Use the hostels address? or do you know anyone here that would let you use their address?
Not a soul.
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not a soul.

The course fee is also tax deductible if you do it here

Maybe one of the lovely BE'rs in Vic will let you use their address?? Come on guys, help him out.

I'd let you use mine, but I'm in SA
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 11:59 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

errrr... WTF is a "white card"?
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
http://bluedogtraining.com.au/

Didn't do it in the UK though, my employer paid for me to do it here. It's just an online course, takes a few hours. You could do the course and get them to email you your completion certificate but ask them to keep your card until you have an Australian address.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DadAgain
errrr... WTF is a "white card"?

It's a card that allows you to work on a Construction site
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

I did mine last week with this Company $39 www.elmoaccredited.com.au
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

The course fee is also tax deductible if you do it here

Maybe one of the lovely BE'rs in Vic will let you use their address?? Come on guys, help him out.

I'd let you use mine, but I'm in SA
South Africa
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

South Africa
Lol...no South Australia
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Lol...no South Australia
Have a piccy

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 3rd 2012 at 7:01 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
what's that a pic of?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.