Reload this Page >

Has anybody noticed?

Has anybody noticed?

Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:35 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Has anybody noticed?

Originally Posted by wmoore
Doesn't bear thinking about.
Most of our British Pubs would be snookered for a menu too.

M

Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:41 pm
Banned

baileyalison is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Merlot
Most of our British Pubs would be snookered for a menu too.

M
no they wouldnt they dont need that sh++ to survive
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:49 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baileyalison
no they wouldnt they dont need that sh++ to survive
Really? I bet there's not a pub in the country that has a menu consisting of just fish 'n' chips and pie 'n' mash
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:54 pm
Banned

Really? I bet there's not a pub in the country that has a menu consisting of just fish 'n' chips and pie 'n' mash
youre right but they dont need ghoulash shit or dog either
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:54 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

I think that this thread is quite interesting, particularly the general views.

The point that seems to me to have been lost is that you cannot just blame the "illegals". If the system is open to abuse then you simply have to point the finger at those that generate the rules which lead to such a large number of (some are and some, I am sure, are not) freeloaders. There is no difference to the abuse of our immigration policy than there is to the abuse of tax rules or any other aspects of our legal system.

I have lived in Peterborough all of my life and it is blatently obviouse the huge number of immigrants in this city alone. Knowing how governments are great at abusing statistics, I wonder what the TRUE level of migrants and the associated costs really are. It would also be interesting however to make comparison to the immigration that was experienced in the late 50's and 60's. By this I am refering to public opinion and attitudes (fears) to these migrants. I wonder if the sentiment was the same then as it is now.

It seems quite clear to me that Blair (Even the name pisses me off), has finally realised the level of public discontent on the issue of migration to the UK and is looking to adopt a points system similar to Oz (this is my understanding anyway). Of course his words have nothing to do with a forth coming election (do they???)

As for the criticsm levelled at people moaning about the illegals here and doing the same in Oz. Frankly, there is simply no comparison. Correct me if I am wrong (and I am sure someone will), but the route that we are all taking is somewhat different to those entering this country. The cost and timescale of the process is high. What is more, for those of us fortunate enough to get to Oz, is that we will be unable to make any claim from the state for 2 years. I wonder how many would make the trip to the UK if it also decided to adopt a similar policy?

Cheers all G
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by gsb
I think that this thread is quite interesting, particularly the general views.

The point that seems to me to have been lost is that you cannot just blame the "illegals". If the system is open to abuse then you simply have to point the finger at those that generate the rules which lead to such a large number of (some are and some, I am sure, are not) freeloaders. There is no difference to the abuse of our immigration policy than there is to the abuse of tax rules or any other aspects of our legal system.

I have lived in Peterborough all of my life and it is blatently obviouse the huge number of immigrants in this city alone. Knowing how governments are great at abusing statistics, I wonder what the TRUE level of migrants and the associated costs really are. It would also be interesting however to make comparison to the immigration that was experienced in the late 50's and 60's. By this I am refering to public opinion and attitudes (fears) to these migrants. I wonder if the sentiment was the same then as it is now.

It seems quite clear to me that Blair (Even the name pisses me off), has finally realised the level of public discontent on the issue of migration to the UK and is looking to adopt a points system similar to Oz (this is my understanding anyway). Of course his words have nothing to do with a forth coming election (do they???)

As for the criticsm levelled at people moaning about the illegals here and doing the same in Oz. Frankly, there is simply no comparison. Correct me if I am wrong (and I am sure someone will), but the route that we are all taking is somewhat different to those entering this country. The cost and timescale of the process is high. What is more, for those of us fortunate enough to get to Oz, is that we will be unable to make any claim from the state for 2 years. I wonder how many would make the trip to the UK if it also decided to adopt a similar policy?

Cheers all G
well said
Old Apr 9th 2005, 4:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

youre right but they dont need ghoulash shit or dog either
You've completely lost me there.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:03 pm
Banned

thats not hard is it
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:05 pm
Merlot

Me too???

Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:07 pm
What's happening dudes?

thats not hard is it
Well as far as insults go that's not exactly amongst the classics is it? I've no idea why you chose to aim one my way either. Can't you hold a debate without stooping so low?

Personal insults are not tolerated on here so please think before submitting a post.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louise4
here is just a thought.
Has anybody noticed how many brits are actually moving to other countries now. my friend is selling her house to go to spain and another friend is thinking of going too.
my friend with her house on the market had a viewer round the other day and they said that the last three houses they had viewed were from people going to live abroad.
why is this?
is it because people have just had enough trying to make it in a country which seems hellbent on destroying itself or because the world is a much smaller place now.
It makes you think what will happen in 20 years time after a lot of our generation have gone to other climes and the ilegals and all have had another 20 years of coming here.
i am not being racist so please don't bag me on this it is just an observation after hearing so many people leaving, either now or planning it for an few years time.

louise

bet you didnt expect any of this eh!!!!??

getting back to your original thread, yes we have also noticed a lot of our friends moving abroad, we currently have friends moving to mexico (mmMMm nice), spain, portugal and canada!!!

personally, id be happy to stay in torquay but what with all the bloody illegal immigrants!!!

(that was a joke by the way for anyone who didnt actually spot it)
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

THEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura aboutTHEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura aboutTHEOLIVERS has a spectacular aura about
Lightbulb Re: Has anybody noticed?

Originally Posted by elfman
Do you seriously believe that?
I certainly do!! and have first hand knowledge.
Next door to me is a private rental house, has been for about 12 years. 18 months ago last tenants moved out because the landlord WOULD NOT do any repairs . Then there was a sudden burst of action, new kitchen, central heating, new windows, bathroom, fully decorated and carpeted throughout. There was inspection after inspection from different official bodies then we got the news that this property was being let to asylum seekers.
Now before anyone starts, let me just tell you im from bradford and im pretty tolerant because living here you have to be, but what really got me mad was the fact that the british families that had tenanted this house before had had to make do, but the landlord will receive extra rent off of the BRITISH GOVERMENT for taking the asylum seekers and was actually given a grant to carry out the work.
No they are not illigal immigrants and are indeed a very nice family, but none of them work( mother, 3 grown young men and one adult daughter all of work age) 2 cars and seem to have a very good lifestyle.
Why do people get so mad?
well heres your answer, no its not there fault its the BRITISH GOVERMENTS fault because if they didnt make it so easy for everyone including MANYof our own BRITISH CITIZENS to sponge of the system maybe we wouldnt be looked upon as the easy country we are.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:13 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by THEOLIVERS
I certainly do!! and have first hand knowledge.
Next door to me is a private rental house, has been for about 12 years. 18 months ago last tenants moved out because the landlord WOULD NOT do any repairs . Then there was a sudden burst of action, new kitchen, central heating, new windows, bathroom, fully decorated and carpeted throughout. There was inspection after inspection from different official bodies then we got the news that this property was being let to asylum seekers.
Now before anyone starts, let me just tell you im from bradford and im pretty tolerant because living here you have to be, but what really got me mad was the fact that the british families that had tenanted this house before had had to make do, but the landlord will receive extra rent off of the BRITISH GOVERMENT for taking the asylum seekers and was actually given a grant to carry out the work.
No they are not illigal immigrants and are indeed a very nice family, but none of them work( mother, 3 grown young men and one adult daughter all of work age) 2 cars and seem to have a very good lifestyle.
Why do people get so mad?
well heres your answer, no its not there fault its the BRITISH GOVERMENTS fault because if they didnt make it so easy for everyone including MANYof our own BRITISH CITIZENS to sponge of the system maybe we wouldnt be looked upon as the easy country we are.

Well said the Olivers. We have plenty of our own spongers. Not saying we need more but we have enough. There is also a large difference in immmigrants. Immigrants is a very stereotypical word. Thinking more along the lines of Political and economic immigrants would be a better way to segregate them. Most i have met are ok, off course some don't work beacuse they don't even speak English. You try and get a job where nobody speaks your language . It's very tough. However regardless of political or economic immigrants people are people regardless of their background or circumstances. We as individuals have no right to judge. Aren't we all equals?????
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Just wanted to add I work in social work, and there are a number of colleagues who are from oz and new zealand. I have asked what the attraction has been for them to move here, and they have said the money is better.

This has put doubt in my mind, however people just get itchy feet and there is a big world out there waiting to be explored.

Even if we don't stay out in oz at least I would like to think we have given it a go!!!

Everywhere has their pros and cons!!!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rooksie
bet you didnt expect any of this eh!!!!??

getting back to your original thread, yes we have also noticed a lot of our friends moving abroad, we currently have friends moving to mexico (mmMMm nice), spain, portugal and canada!!!

personally, id be happy to stay in torquay but what with all the bloody illegal immigrants!!!

(that was a joke by the way for anyone who didnt actually spot it)

LOL

Stand well back!!!!

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.