Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anybody noticed?

Has anybody noticed?

Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice
Default Re: Has anybody noticed?

Originally Posted by louise4
with all due respect geordie george have you not looked at a newspaper or spoken to anybody recently on the influx of illegal immigrants entering this country. no race is perfect and again, no said they were.lots of british people cheat the 'system i.e you lay about and we keep you, but, although wrong a country of this stature could support that. what this country cannot support is the massive amount of pepole who, work illegally, paying no tax to this country, still draw benefits whilst waiting for visas and the like.
the 'british people' you ask about are those who have british blood throughout their family and only know a british background, surley you are not going to say that these people do not exist.

louise

You only have to go look around the fields of lincolnshire for your illegals!!!

Where I live is a very 'white Uk' population but recently we have seen a lot of polish, portuguese, and hungarian move into town. the majority of those work, like the british their are some who 'utilise' the benefits system of our great country. they like those of us wanting move have come for a better life for their families. some of the portuguese I know live and work here, manage to send money home to portugal to support other relatives.

What really gets me is the unfairness of the systems my Dad at 60 had just found himself made unemployed for the first time since he was 14- can he gat help- NO!!! He has worked hard all his life and when he needs it, considering the amount he has put in cannot get anything out.

But I do agree with Louise there are a lot more people considering moving abroad, could be a case of noticing it more, but for the first time its financially feasable for average people.

Chris
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.
obviously we have different views. i am not saying immigration has no place, indeed it brings change and views which is indeed a plus to any country. maybe we have different backgrounds, again that changes how we see things.

louise
are you going to Oz louise because if you are can you meet up with GG...ild like a ring side seat please
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:35 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I just remain constantly amazed at the number of people using an emigration forum, saying they intend to become an immigrant and then stating their reason for leaving as 'to escape all the immigrants in this country' - with no sense of irony! People need to be very aware of the issues (particularly in terms of race, ethnicity etc) if they're going to become the very thing they supposedly dislike.

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh.
obviously we have different views. i am not saying immigration has no place, indeed it brings change and views which is indeed a plus to any country. maybe we have different backgrounds, again that changes how we see things.

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:35 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

not only oz but sydney, i think that is where he is. :scared:
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:36 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get my people to call her people ...

As fun as this is, I have beer to drink.

Later people.

GG

Originally Posted by Steve2438
are you going to Oz louise because if you are can you meet up with GG...ild like a ring side seat please
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:36 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

i think you need to go back and read my posting geordie george.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:37 am
forever hopeful

bye geordie

louise
Cup of tea, Father?

I'm female, honey. Read the blurb just above the avatar.

BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Im headed to Perth but could be worth the flight over to sydney
forever hopeful

ok honey bun
louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Britain will just evolve. How different is it now from 50 years ago. And how different did everyone say it was 100 years ago from 50 years ago. Everything moves on, whether you like it or not. The world is so small now that people have the ability to live where they fancy. Until the mid 1970's very few people went on holiday abroad. 100 years ago, how many even went on holiday in Britain?

I love Britain and consider myself English first before British or European, but I have no idea where my ancestors came from.

The Daily Mail et al have a hell of a lot to answer for.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 8:54 am
forever hopeful

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Britain will just evolve. How different is it now from 50 years ago. And how different did everyone say it was 100 years ago from 50 years ago. Everything moves on, whether you like it or not. The world is so small now that people have the ability to live where they fancy. Until the mid 1970's very few people went on holiday abroad. 100 years ago, how many even went on holiday in Britain?

I love Britain and consider myself English first before British or European, but I have no idea where my ancestors came from.

The Daily Mail et al have a hell of a lot to answer for.
i know what you mean chrismitchell my mother in law had an operation recently and she was just discharged (at the age of 81) to go home to an empty house. thankfully she has us and we cared for her, but at her age we were pretty scared at what after care she would need and didn't get told anything i had to phone my own doctor and ask advice.

louise
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by walaj
I think it is also the case that as you are looking into it/going to do it yourself, that you take notice of others doing the same. For instant when we were trying for a baby, there just seemed to be pregnant ladies everywhere
Good point, you always seem to notice things more when it's on your mind. It's like when you buy a new car, all of a sudden you notice that type of car more and it seems that there are more on the road.

Phil
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Cuddles is on a distinguished road

Hi I understand exactly what your saying Louise. Its not the legal immigrants your saying about its the illegal ones. We feel the same. We work all our life and cant get help from the Government when we need it but the illegal immigrants can just walk right in here and get all sorts paid for including money to buy cars and nice big houses. And although we are about to become immigrants ourselves we have paid alot of money to get there and plan to work when there. We are not entitled to any benefits for 2 years which I think is a great idea as it must stop alot of lazzy people doing it for the beach life style unlike this country, we seem to pay them to come here.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:12 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I just remain constantly amazed at the number of people using an emigration forum, saying they intend to become an immigrant and then stating their reason for leaving as 'to escape all the immigrants in this country' - with no sense of irony! People need to be very aware of the issues (particularly in terms of race, ethnicity etc) if they're going to become the very thing they supposedly dislike.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have been on this site about 2 weeks and I have been amazed by the amount of threads regarding immigrants and the UK. People should wake up and realise that they are soon to become immigrants themselves or already are if they have arrived in Aus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.