Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Wikiposts

Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Old Oct 31st 2004, 4:14 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

hi all just got back from the expo had a luverly time meeting with everyone even though the expo itself was a bit dissapointing

lauralollipop, scissors, gsb, sue2, gravyman, sarsa, pinkpussycat, worzel, professional princess, jonhas mummy and all your familys thanks had a great day sorry we didint get to chat much with dolly daydream and cheeky we'll catch you next time

lindseyden sorry we didint get to meet you either but good luck with the move

tracey we definatly wont forget the leaving party and cant wait to the next meet
Old Oct 31st 2004, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kelli28
hi all just got back from the expo had a luverly time meeting with everyone even though the expo itself was a bit dissapointing

lauralollipop, scissors, gsb, sue2, gravyman, sarsa, pinkpussycat, worzel, professional princess, jonhas mummy and all your familys thanks had a great day sorry we didint get to chat much with dolly daydream and cheeky we'll catch you next time

tracey we definatly wont forget the leaving party and cant wait to the next meet

Hi Kelli28

Although the expo was`nt all that, I`m pleased we went and got together with everyone sorry we had to leave so early!! we got back in good time, my sister was glad to see us as our kids were getting a over tired & ratty.

Sorry we missed the later meet

Sue
Old Oct 31st 2004, 5:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If anyone was there late morning, early afternoon today, sorry we didn't say hello We weren't expecting much, being in a hotel, but as we didn't go looking for work advice, we did ok. Only wanted finance and moving help really and think we are now fairly sorted as to what and when to do it.

Managed to offload the girls to my sister so we had a grown up lunch in Covent Garden - can't remember the last time we did that on a Sunday afternoon.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

To Lauralollipop and everyone else. So sorry we couldn't make it, our boy was unwell, and last thing we wanted to do was drag him round earls court all day. Babysitters are virtually impossible to find, so had to miss out this time. Gutted that I didn't get to meet you all, but sounds like there wasn't to much info from stalls to gather up anyway. Maybe we could all meet up somewhere ourselves some time in the near future?
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

amandat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
We went to the Expo and thought it was a waste of our time really, none the wiser now than on Friday, but never mind. We will have to read up on it abit more I feel there goes my soaps.

The trip was made worth while by going to TGI'S great food. Crap hotel though not worth £70 a night I thought will not be staying there again.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:09 am
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was in the UK recently I was talking with a migration agent who told me about the expo.
I was considering coming back for it next year but don't think I can justify doing the journey again just for that based on the comments so far

Originally Posted by amandat
Hi
We went to the Expo and thought it was a waste of our time really, none the wiser now than on Friday, but never mind. We will have to read up on it abit more I feel there goes my soaps.

The trip was made worth while by going to TGI'S great food. Crap hotel though not worth £70 a night I thought will not be staying there again.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
When I was in the UK recently I was talking with a migration agent who told me about the expo.
I was considering coming back for it next year but don't think I can justify doing the journey again just for that based on the comments so far
Hi
It was not worth it I woundn't bother. We are just thankful that the weather stayed dry Londons ok though in small doses you could come for that We live in Plymouth and had a four hour drive up but one day of Londons enough for me it's too busy.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hiya

There were only 48 stands and if you are a nurse, or in engineering or mining there were one or two people to talk to.

A lot of agents were there including the 'The One That Cannot Be Named'.

DIMIA were there, but when I asked a question about TRA no lopnger issuing deeming date the woman I spoke to did'nt know they had!
Graham

Hi,

We went to the Expo. We were given 'mixed' views. The most positive was from an agent. We have more or less decided to go with him as he gave us most hope.

Who is 'the one that cannot be named'? and why can't he be.

PM me if you can't say in open forum.

If there was a dodgy one there we'd like to know before spending our money!

Thanks
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:02 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by amandat
Who is 'the one that cannot be named'? and why can't he be.

PM me if you can't say in open forum.

If there was a dodgy one there we'd like to know before spending our money!
Have a look at this thread, about a company threatening legal action against BE: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262803
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:08 am
Cheeky

Hi Everyone!

I have to agree with most Im afraid the expo was a bit of a let down..........

But it was great to meet with (almost!) everyone! Apologies to those who we didnt get a chance to chat too, but at least I can put names to faces now!

It was lovely to meet up with DD and hubby (hope you are feeling better!) and of course Lauralollipop and hubby you were brill!! Gosh there were so many (feel a speech coming on!) Jonahsmummy, hubby and little one (aww bless) it was nice to meet you! Also nice to meet Sue 2 and hubby, scissors and kelli28. Apologies to worzel (nice t shirt!) thpinkpussycat, gravyman, sarsa, gsb, and lindseyden didnt get to chat but nice to say Hi and put names to faces!! Apologies if I missed anyone out and shoot me down if I have!!

Thanks guys, we had a brill time at the meet!!

Cheeky x

PS See I told you all I was shy and quiet!!!!!

Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone

Just got back, 8.30 Sunday. Wow what a weekend. Hubby informed me he had sold our car about an hour before we were due to leave for London. We couldn't get a hire car from the town that we live so had to hire one from Plymouth, about 40 mins in opposite direction to London, got an old banger to hire, arrived just after almost everybody else had left, sorry all. We met Worzel and Pinkpussycat in the Ibis (thanks to the VB t shirt....lol) and they told us the expo wasn't up to much, so we stayed in a nice hotel on the other side of Hyde Park and took a very long and leisurely walk thru the park this morning. Going off theme for a minute, did anyone know they have parrots flying wild in Hyde Park (thought I'd arrived in Aus for a minute, cept it was too bl***y cold)?

Well we finally arrived at the expo about 12 o'clock and I must say for us it was very successful but only because we already have our visa and are arriving in 4 weeks time and because hubby is an engineer. Some of them almost bit his hand off, he has 2 interviews set up for when we arrive so even though the journey up there was bit fraught, the result was just as we had hoped and we had a nice time being just the 2 of us and no children.

Right thats hubby and number 1 son with job interviews on arrival, maybe I'll just take my time..............LOL. I feel a few coffee mornings coming on.

Love to you all and look forward to meeting the people we missed this weekend.

I will possibly be off line from tomorrow as shippers are arriving first thing Tuesday morning but I'll try and get on someone elses computer asap.

Lindsey
Old Oct 31st 2004, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi everyone

Just got back, 8.30 Sunday. Wow what a weekend. Hubby informed me he had sold our car about an hour before we were due to leave for London. We couldn't get a hire car from the town that we live so had to hire one from Plymouth, about 40 mins in opposite direction to London, got an old banger to hire, arrived just after almost everybody else had left, sorry all. We met Worzel and Pinkpussycat in the Ibis (thanks to the VB t shirt....lol) and they told us the expo wasn't up to much, so we stayed in a nice hotel on the other side of Hyde Park and took a very long and leisurely walk thru the park this morning. Going off theme for a minute, did anyone know they have parrots flying wild in Hyde Park (thought I'd arrived in Aus for a minute, cept it was too bl***y cold)?

Well we finally arrived at the expo about 12 o'clock and I must say for us it was very successful but only because we already have our visa and are arriving in 4 weeks time and because hubby is an engineer. Some of them almost bit his hand off, he has 2 interviews set up for when we arrive so even though the journey up there was bit fraught, the result was just as we had hoped and we had a nice time being just the 2 of us and no children.

Right thats hubby and number 1 son with job interviews on arrival, maybe I'll just take my time..............LOL. I feel a few coffee mornings coming on.

Love to you all and look forward to meeting the people we missed this weekend.

I will possibly be off line from tomorrow as shippers are arriving first thing Tuesday morning but I'll try and get on someone elses computer asap.

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey

Thats great news about the interviews at least a few people got possible work from the expo.
All the best with your move!!
You should see the parrots where I live (Sidcup,Kent) there are loads around here too.

All the best

Sue
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi lindsey great news about the interviews sorry we missed you all the best with your move,we ll wait to hear how you get on,keep us informed.

good luck hun,tracey and gary.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi kelli,we really enjoyed our chat cant believe how long we were talking the time went really quick,i wont forget the party,and we ll get the xmas meet arranged.

tracey.
Originally Posted by kelli28

Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:46 am
Cheeky

Wierd or what??!!! Read on....

Ok folks, I hope you dont mind me sharing this little story with you ........

Here goes........

We went to the pub in question, both before and after the expo.

Ok (setting the scene here, apologies for being long winded, ahem!) Anyway this was about 4pmish and we thought we would kill a bit of time for a well earned drink at the pub (as you do!) and there were no vacant tables outside (believe it or not but it was a lovely,sunny, warm (could have been middle of June) day!) So we asked some people if they didnt mind us sharing their table. Course not,they said.

Anyway, on hearing our distinguished (LOL ) accent asked us where we from.

Get this............it turns out they live close to us, cant tell you how close, but very close!! How mad is that???!!!!!

It is so bizzare (well it is to me) that I can go down the length and breath of the country and end up chatting to someone who lives virtually up the road from me!!

To add to it we went to France in June and I bumped into someone I knew there too!! Wierd in it??!!!

Anyway there you go!! Its a mad world!

Cheeky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.