Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Old Oct 30th 2004, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

wilts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Hi all,

Has anybody been to Aussie Expo in Earls court today? the reason i'm asking is that, because I'm thinking to go tomorrow and just want a feed back from those people who have been there today. Was it a lot of recruiting companies there. Any feedback would be appreciate it. Thank you all.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anybody been to Aussie Expo, Earls court today.

Originally Posted by wilts
Hi all,

Has anybody been to Aussie Expo in Earls court today? the reason i'm asking is that, because I'm thinking to go tomorrow and just want a feed back from those people who have been there today. Was it a lot of recruiting companies there. Any feedback would be appreciate it. Thank you all.
there are lots of people going from the forum and have arranged meets. if you do a search under earls court, you should be able to catch up with some who are going be tommorow maybe,
Old Oct 30th 2004, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by debbiemc
there are lots of people going from the forum and have arranged meets. if you do a search under earls court, you should be able to catch up with some who are going be tommorow maybe,
Thanks Debbie
Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Hiya

Just got back from the Oz Expo.

What a dissapointment

On the website they advertised that over 60 exhibitors would be there.

There were only 48 stands and if you are a nurse, or in engineering or mining there were one or two people to talk to.

A lot of agents were there including the 'The One That Cannot Be Named'.

DIMIA were there, but when I asked a question about TRA no lopnger issuing deeming date the woman I spoke to did'nt know they had!

We got there for around 11 and if it wasn't for meeting up with a few others we would'nt have been there for more than an hour and it would have been a totally wasted trip.

The 3 other couples had the same view.

Graham
Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:18 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gravyman
Hiya

Just got back from the Oz Expo.

What a dissapointment

On the website they advertised that over 60 exhibitors would be there.

There were only 48 stands and if you are a nurse, or in engineering or mining there were one or two people to talk to.

A lot of agents were there including the 'The One That Cannot Be Named'.

DIMIA were there, but when I asked a question about TRA no lopnger issuing deeming date the woman I spoke to did'nt know they had!

We got there for around 11 and if it wasn't for meeting up with a few others we would'nt have been there for more than an hour and it would have been a totally wasted trip.

The 3 other couples had the same view.

Graham

Thank god we never shelled out to go down the, would have been nice to meet the folk, but would have cost us too many beer tokens.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we've just returned from the expo.
There were fewer recruitment agencies than we expected but hubby handed out five resumes to the various agents, who were encouraging. They said they'd contact him this week for interviews etc. so "watch this space". ( He is an an engineer.)
I on the other hand have returned home with all of my resumes as there were no childcare agencies although Vic Gov. were keen to interview anyone with qualifications in child protection.
We thought it was just about worth going, but we are only had an hours train journey away.

Helinuk
Old Oct 30th 2004, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes meant to say we found ourselves queuing next to dollydaydream and hubby and had a lovely chat with them. It was great to meet you guys
Old Oct 30th 2004, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,

Thanks all for the feed back
Old Oct 30th 2004, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We went today too, we were also a bit dissappointed as well
It was very nice to meet up with people though liked that bit loads.

It does depend on what trade you are in as to whether you would find it helpful or not!!

Sue

Hi Graham, nice to see you & Sara again

Last edited by Sue2; Oct 30th 2004 at 8:29 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys got back around 10.30,spent about 1hr altogether walking round the exhibition,was worth us going hubby is a engineer,but if your not an engineer or a nurse i wouldnt bother.On the other hand we did spend 9hrs in total chatting to mates off this forum,we re know well known at the prince charles.sue 2 chris gravyman sarsa,kelli 28 and hubby,pink pussycat worsel,dolly daydream and hubby,laura lollypop and partner,cheeky and hubby,jonahs mummy and hubby and jonah,proffesional princess and hubby,and couple going to adelaide cant remember your name sorry,it was great to meet you guys,we had a really good time, never imagined we would be talking for so long,didnt want to leave,hope your later meet went well and hope to see you all again before to long,cheers guys for a great day.

ps,dont forget the leaving party,tracey and gary.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 1:23 am
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Helen,
vicgov are always keen to talk to people about child protection.
There is a high turnover and jobs can't be filled.
I have been told that is because the system sucks,not the job
did you have a look at www.infoxchange.com.au ?

Melbournehelp
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
Helen,
vicgov are always keen to talk to people about child protection.
There is a high turnover and jobs can't be filled.
I have been told that is because the system sucks,not the job
did you have a look at www.infoxchange.com.au ?

Melbournehelp
Melbourne help
What a great resource. I've just registered and look forward to exploring the site.
Many thanks.
H
Old Oct 31st 2004, 11:03 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helinuk
Oh yes meant to say we found ourselves queuing next to dollydaydream and hubby and had a lovely chat with them. It was great to meet you guys
Hi there Helen,

Yes, it was lovely to meet you too! Hope all goes well for your meet today.

As for the expo, well, it definitely wasn't a pearler! (all we came away with was a rather humerous booklet on ozzie slang, must of ended up a few pounds lighter due to the perspiration factor and a shed load of useless bumph). The HiFx stand was helpful though. Flung husbands CV at a few people but because stands were biased towards engineering, and he is in IT, it didn't bode well. Were told that IT wasn't their expertise but they would pass his CV onto the relevant department when they returned to Australia.

Totally disappointed. And yes, if you are an engineer or a nurse then it would be of benefit for you to go. Otherwise I'd wait for the next sandown emigration fair. Well deffo be going next time (see, there's the aussie slang again!!).

Great to meet up with my mate Cheeky and her clan. And Lauralollipop was lovely too. Jonah was a sweetie as was his mum. It was nice to put the names to faces so thanks to all those who stayed behind after the expo. Hubby felt rather crook and had a bit of a chunder so we had leave before the tucker arrived (OK i'll stop with the slang now!!).

Will be interested to hear comments from those going today.

D D
Old Oct 31st 2004, 12:25 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
hi guys got back around 10.30,spent about 1hr altogether walking round the exhibition,was worth us going hubby is a engineer,but if your not an engineer or a nurse i wouldnt bother.On the other hand we did spend 9hrs in total chatting to mates off this forum,we re know well known at the prince charles.sue 2 chris gravyman sarsa,kelli 28 and hubby,pink pussycat worsel,dolly daydream and hubby,laura lollypop and partner,cheeky and hubby,jonahs mummy and hubby and jonah,proffesional princess and hubby,and couple going to adelaide cant remember your name sorry,it was great to meet you guys,we had a really good time, never imagined we would be talking for so long,didnt want to leave,hope your later meet went well and hope to see you all again before to long,cheers guys for a great day.

ps,dont forget the leaving party,tracey and gary.
It was good to meet you all, we had a really good evening which saved the day from being a disaster as there was no one at all to talk to about Accountancy. DIMIA did help us with a few questions on the visa application though, so all wasn't lost as we are now confident we can do this ourselves. Pinkpussycat and I met with LindseyDen (Is that right?) after everyone else had gone home. I felt very sorry for them as they had driven up from Devon, had a nightmare finding a hire car (just sold there's that morning) and knew they would be in the hall about an hour only this morning. At least they have got the fact that everything else is in place other than work and they will be going out in only a few weeks. Lucky beggars!

Oh and apolgies to Cheeky / DollyDaydream and families that we didn't get round to a chinwag before you left.

Anyone placed orders for those migration invite cards yet?

Last edited by worzel; Oct 31st 2004 at 12:27 pm. Reason: Missed a bit
Old Oct 31st 2004, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi dollyday dream sorry we didnt get to chat much but it was good meeting you,hi worsel,how did todays meet go, yes we may buy some of the cards we thought they were a really good idea to give out once you leave,we did pick up a brochure on queensland which is very good and one on malaysia stop over,that looks lovely,and a couple of news papers that im yet to read.Really enjoyed chatting to everyone,its good to put faces to names,wish we d have stayed over now to meet everyone else,the xmas meet sounds good,we must get that arranged.

Lindseyden and huddy sorry to have missed you!

tracey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.