Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Harrington Park, Camden NSW

Harrington Park, Camden NSW

Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:35 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Harrington Park, Camden NSW

Does anybody live on Harrington Park? We are currently looking a few houses on the estate, but it is a bit of a move for us from "The Shire" so do not know much about the area. Certainly seems a nice place, in fact reminds us of where we used to live in Aylesbury. The only major thing that puts us off is the M5 drive / traffic as I work at the airport and the wife at the hospital at Kogarah . Taking a drive down today to look at Campbelltown for the major shopping, restaraunts and stuff.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harrington Park, Camden NSW

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
Does anybody live on Harrington Park? We are currently looking a few houses on the estate, but it is a bit of a move for us from "The Shire" so do not know much about the area. Certainly seems a nice place, in fact reminds us of where we used to live in Aylesbury. The only major thing that puts us off is the M5 drive / traffic as I work at the airport and the wife at the hospital at Kogarah . Taking a drive down today to look at Campbelltown for the major shopping, restaraunts and stuff.
Harrington Park is a lovely part of Camden. The majority of people living there would be your young to middle age familys. Its quite expensive, however, the area justifies the price IMO. The estate is still relatively new and is still expanding rapidly. There is a shopping centre in the estate which I know has a Woolworths supermarket, although not having been there Im not sure what else is in it. You can also shop at Narellan Town Centre which would be about 10 mins away. That also has supermarkets and other variety stores such as Big W etc. Campbelltown is only 15 mins away and obviously has a lot more shopping. You would be about 45 mins away from Wollongong, which has some lovely beaches down there. Camden is a very historic city and still has a lot of "old world " charm to it. As far as getting to the airport, I live at Campbelltown and it takes me about 45 mins along the expressway. I dont know whether u have children or not, but as far as schooling is concerned, the schools around Narellan, Mt Annan and Camden have a very good reputation in the district. Another suburb out that way that u may like is Mt Annan Botanical Gardens. Hope this has helped
Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:59 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Christina,
thanks for the reply, hope it is as good as you say as we have bought a house there today!!!! Compared to where we have been looking it is a bargain. Had a look around Macarthur Square in Campbelltown as well which seems a pretty good shopping / leisure area. It has taken us 18 months of pulling our hair out in The Shire, so looking forward to settling down and living a normal life again.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Christina,
thanks for the reply, hope it is as good as you say as we have bought a house there today!!!! Compared to where we have been looking it is a bargain. Had a look around Macarthur Square in Campbelltown as well which seems a pretty good shopping / leisure area. It has taken us 18 months of pulling our hair out in The Shire, so looking forward to settling down and living a normal life again.
Congratulations Tom !! Thats great news. Im sure u will be happy there. If not, my address is........................ lol. Best of luck to you
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

wendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant futurewendymaisie has a brilliant future

Christina,

I wish you all the best in your new home. I too live on Harrington Park, been here for over 6 months now and absolutely love it here (and Macarthur Sq shopping mall!) Feel free to PM me if you need any info on the area.

Good luck in the move!
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Tom... we were just up the A418 in Wing... I know what you mean about certain places reminding you of home. I was driving through rural NSW the other week and for a moment it could have been Bucks. Some lovely places.

Hope you find somewhere nice soon.

Best of luck