Reload this Page >

Hard rubbish collections

Hard rubbish collections

Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:28 am
Badge

Default Hard rubbish collections

HARD RUBBISH COLLECTIONS

For those of you who don't know..

Australia has Hard Rubbish Collections, all the bric-a-brac you want to chuck out but can't fit in the otto bins gets collected
from outside the nature strip on a given date once in a while by the council/shire.

The way it works, is that you cruise around the neighbourhood clandistinely distributing your offering around everyone else's rubbish piles, and should anything take your fancy, helping yourself to that which might come in handy.

If you are really good, you'll attempt to do this gracefully, you'll pile your mattress on top of another one of it's kind; if you are
me you'll sling it at the bottom.

My wife drove the 2 and a half kilometres back to the house and was able to recognise our stuff round and about.

Alternatively, call the shire/council, if you need to book, and ask...

Badge

PS

Hevs/HUP..if you wish to pay your last respects to the "pissy mattress" it is along the entrance road to the township, about half way down
slung around a lamppost. It was hard, but it had to be done.

PPS Looking at the stuff on offer, you wonder how it took them so long to get rubbish to such a state of decay and neglect. I could give them a few tips..

Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hard rubbish collections

Originally Posted by Badge
HARD RUBBISH COLLECTIONS

Hevs/HUP..if you wish to pay your last respects to the "pissy mattress" it is along the entrance road to the township, about half way down
slung around a lamppost. It was hard, but it had to be done.
I shall give it a nod on my way up to the stables tomorrow, tell Mrs B to stick the kettle on
PPS Looking at the stuff on offer, you wonder how it took them so long to get rubbish to such a state of decay and neglect. I could give them a few tips..
LOL, some of its soooo minging isn't it, my hard waste looked quite posh in comparison. We even had someone take our flywire doors this am

Last edited by hevs; Feb 7th 2005 at 8:35 am.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 8:37 am
Badge

Originally Posted by hevs
We even had someone take our flywire doors this am
Funny you should say that, have you seen how much it is in Bunnings...never mind...I'm sure the new owner [cough] likes it a great deal

Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:23 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate it. People leave out industrial waste and it turns the neighbourhood into a junkyard. When people move they still leave the junk out and it takes ages for the council to pick it up. I think Badge would love the tip.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:52 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bondipom
I hate it. People leave out industrial waste and it turns the neighbourhood into a junkyard. When people move they still leave the junk out and it takes ages for the council to pick it up. I think Badge would love the tip.
I think it's fascinating, myself - am just waiting for Charles Saatchi to come round & offer to buy some of it for millions of £££s.

Will 'Badge's Bed' be making an appearance in London's Saatchi gallery someday soon, I wonder?

Anya.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 12:08 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

LOL, some of its soooo minging isn't it, my hard waste looked quite posh in comparison. We even had someone take our flywire doors this am

I put an old Video recorder out last night, within 5 mins it had been lifted yet never saw a soul in the street when I put it out.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 1:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I think it's fascinating, myself - am just waiting for Charles Saatchi to come round & offer to buy some of it for millions of £££s.

Will 'Badge's Bed' be making an appearance in London's Saatchi gallery someday soon, I wonder?

Anya.
Nah, he has gone back to proper art now. Nigella has told him to throw out the old beds and tents and buy proper pictures made with paint.
Old Feb 7th 2005, 9:24 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I put an old Video recorder out last night, within 5 mins it had been lifted yet never saw a soul in the street when I put it out.
Thats cos i'm very little and very sneeky

PS. you aint still got the remote for it by any chance have you
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:20 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thats cos i'm very little and very sneeky

PS. you aint still got the remote for it by any chance have you

I didn't leave a home made video tape in it did I ? :scared:
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:21 am
High in the Dandenongs

I didn't leave a home made video tape in it did I ? :scared:
eeeeyyooouuuu, is THAT what it was :scared:
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:23 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Ooooh Hevs, do share!

Anya.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:24 am
The Godfather

Its ok it doesn't last long.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:26 am
High in the Dandenongs

Its ok it doesn't last long.
thank god for that :scared: