Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it hard getting a mortage in Australia?

Is it hard getting a mortage in Australia?

Old Jul 28th 2006, 1:53 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is it hard getting a mortage in Australia?

Originally Posted by julie hilton
Sorry

We only want to borrow about £40,000.00. Its just a rough figure I'm a book keeper (accounts assistant) and my husband is a Plummer (Builder). I'm 37 and my Husband is 42.

It's just to give us an idea only.

Unfortunately I don't know much about salaries at this stage, but i was hoping there might be a family that have gone through the same process.

Thanks
A factor you have to consider here is your husbands job as a plumber.
There is a real chance he may not be given a licence for awhile (can be as long as 2 years) and therefore be on crap wages as a restricted plumber, that is if he can find an ozzie company willing to employ him in the first place, he wont be able to work for himslef on a resticted ticket.
So you may need some of your savings to live on for awhile.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 10:32 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is it hard getting a mortage in Australia?

Originally Posted by julie hilton
We were just wondering what you need to get a mortgage in Australia (Queensland). We want about £40,000.00. We have about 100k to put down.

I have noticed the average price for a decent house is about $350,000.00.

We are looking for 3 to 4 with pool

Any advice out there.

Thanks
Hi Julie,
Getting our mortgage was really easy. We went into Mortgage Choice who arranged a Rams No Doc Loan. We borrowed $150,000 and put $90,000 down. All we had to provide was a copy of our visa and passport, 3 weeks worth of wage slips and I think that was it. All arranged in 14 days. The average price can vary greatly from area to area. We bought in Bundaberg (3k out of town) and paid $240,000 for 4 beds and pool on just over 1/4acre but had we been nearer the coast (just 10k down the road) we wouldn't have got anything for under $300,000.
Hope that helps a bit.
Regards
Sarah