Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hard to find items in australia

hard to find items in australia

Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

Scott’s porridge oats. For something that the only ingredient is, er, oats, I don’t see why the Oz equivalent tastes so bad.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:25 pm
ABCDiamond

Frozen Yorkshire Puddings ! You know, those big ones with the small packet of frozen roast beef inside.

and the Terrys Dark Chocolate Orange ! I can find the Milk Chocolate ones.

Old Jan 9th 2004, 1:04 am
i'm digitalicious

asciidental is an unknown quantity at this point

For the Perth people, there is a shop in Old London Court in the city that sells Pot Noodle, Marmite, Hob Nobs and all sorts of British things. There is also a shop in the Subiaco Pavilion that sells Walkers chips, a British lolly stall in the Freo markets and British lolly shop in Dunsborough in the town center near Baskin Robbins.

And I think there is a British lolly stall at Hillary's as well. But I don't know, I haven't been there for ages because it's a hole
Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:56 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by dazuk
Also really missed marmite, pot noodles!!! and decent crisps such as monster munch, salt and vineger sticks, frazzles etc lays crisps sre f&%king shite sour cream and chives????!!!! pah!!
you can stop your craving - Try this for walkers crisps and monster munch etc :
http://www.thebritishlollyshop.com./

The online shop is here in Aus , I haven't ordered off them myself yet so I have no idea of what their service is like, but they stock quite a few of the walkers crips (I think minimum order is $38, including delivery)

cheers..
Ps maybe the same shop as the above person has mentioned (?)
Old Jan 9th 2004, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Frozen Yorkshire Puddings ! You know, those big ones with the small packet of frozen roast beef inside.

Yorkshire puddings! I ate those Aunt Bessies frozen things in the UK every night, totally addicted to them. Husband thought I had cravings or something

That is top of the list for me, untill then its back to flour, milk eggs salt and trying to unstick the bloody things out of a metal pan.

Worst habit of the holiday, Yorkshire puddings filled with curry, washed down with Stella. Not that I'd missed Pom food or anything
Old Jan 9th 2004, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

[i]Originally posted by dotty

That is top of the list for me, untill then its back to flour, milk eggs salt and trying to unstick the bloody things out of a metal pan.
You can now buy these soft type plastic tins that are non stick and the puddings just fall out of them. I kick myself now that I didn't buy one while I was there as I haven't been able to find them over here....but saying that, Yorkshire Puddings are now off my list of things I can (and will) eat, but I'm just thinking of the other half as he loves them.

Regards
Old Jan 9th 2004, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jaykay
You can now buy these soft type plastic tins that are non stick and the puddings just fall out of them. I kick myself now that I didn't buy one while I was there as I haven't been able to find them over here....but saying that, Yorkshire Puddings are now off my list of things I can (and will) eat, but I'm just thinking of the other half as he loves them.

Regards
The best we can get here is teflon coated, that black supposidly non stick stuff. Trouble is all that happens to me is black bits of teflon end up in scrambled eggs and the yorkies still stick so I have to get at them with a knife. Pom visitors think we are from the Dark ages, when I start peeling vegies and mixing ingredients, but thats the only way here. Gawd now all I can think of is Yorkies and stella.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

susmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
It's called Flexibake and is available in most Robins Kitchen stores.
There is a multitude of quality non stick cookware such as circulon , scan pan and analon available here at about half the price you would pay in the UK. I dragged mine all the way from the States and wish I hadn't bothered
Susan
Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by susmac
Hi
It's called Flexibake and is available in most Robins Kitchen stores.
There is a multitude of quality non stick cookware such as circulon , scan pan and analon available here at about half the price you would pay in the UK. I dragged mine all the way from the States and wish I hadn't bothered
Susan
Cool, I've never been in a kitchen store, this could be intresting, I could be whipping up all sorts after this
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

annalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant futureannalooby has a brilliant future

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Worst habit of the holiday, Yorkshire puddings filled with curry, washed down with Stella. Not that I'd missed Pom food or anything
OHMIGOD! I am sooooooooooo gonna try that when I get home......mmmm forbidden yorkshire.....mmmmm
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:38 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a yorkshire pudding snob and those frozen ones are awful. If you can make pancakes you can make Yorkshire puds.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:46 pm
dazuk

Originally posted by bondipom
I'm a yorkshire pudding snob and those frozen ones are awful. If you can make pancakes you can make Yorkshire puds.
Mmmmmmmmmm decent curry stella, real ale chips (proper chips) curry sauce surely theres a business oppurtuinty in oz here dotty?

Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:55 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by asciidental
For the Perth people, there is a shop in Old London Court in the city that sells Pot Noodle, Marmite, Hob Nobs and all sorts of British things. There is also a shop in the Subiaco Pavilion that sells Walkers chips, a British lolly stall in the Freo markets and British lolly shop in Dunsborough in the town center near Baskin Robbins.

And I think there is a British lolly stall at Hillary's as well. But I don't know, I haven't been there for ages because it's a hole
The Agni indian restaurant in Innaloo is amazing - not only the food but the decor. Give it a go on a Sunday lunchtime (get their by 12pm!) for eat as much as you want for $15.00.

The only thing we missed was Marmite, but the major supermarkets do it - it's called "Our Mate".
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:59 pm
dazuk

never saw uk marmite at all on the east coast only the crappy sanitarium marmite stuff

Maybeyou only get uk marmite there because of all the poms in Wa?

Old Jan 10th 2004, 9:32 am
Excellent Member

anne wilson will become famous soon enough

One for the Parents....

I cant find ready made infant formula anywhere, ive looked in NSW & Queensland Supermarkets, they only sell powdered stuff. and Im really lazy so I miss the ready made cartons of SMA!!!

Stock up before you come!!!!!!!!! (if your as lazy as me that is!!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.