Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Happy or unhappy

View Poll Results: How happy are you with your move to Australia
Yes we are completely happy, best thing we ever did.
32.59%
Yes we are completely happy, best thing we ever did. But we won't stay here forever.
6.67%
On balance we are happy we miss some things but we expected that
34.81%
One of us is happy but one of us wants to go back
8.89%
On balance it was a mistake but we've made our bed and will lie in it.
7.41%
The sunshine is nice but otherwise not really happy
8.15%
Unmitigated disaster, we want to go home
1.48%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Happy or unhappy

Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default Happy or unhappy

Couple of interesting threads lately about people being happy or unhappy. Thought I would start a poll to try and put some objectivity on peoples moods.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:06 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Happy or unhappy

Originally Posted by MartinH
Couple of interesting threads lately about people being happy or unhappy. Thought I would start a poll to try and put some objectivity on peoples moods.
Yes, it would be interesting to learn what the general feelings are. Not sure if this is the best forum though. Maybe The Barbie would be better?
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:18 pm
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

Came with an open mind but find Australia boring after the initial holiday feel wears off, I get fed up with the beach after a couple of months and the weather is not always what it is made out to be 3 months of unberable heat followed by plenty of rain and bloody frezzing cold nights which the houses are not bulit for.
It works for some and not others but as a youngish single bloke it is not he place for me anymore, glad I came and made some good freinds and had some great times but there is so much I miss about the UK that I am going home in a couple of months.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:28 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by london52
Came with an open mind but find Australia boring after the initial holiday feel wears off, I get fed up with the beach after a couple of months and the weather is not always what it is made out to be 3 months of unberable heat followed by plenty of rain and bloody frezzing cold nights which the houses are not bulit for.
It works for some and not others but as a youngish single bloke it is not he place for me anymore, glad I came and made some good freinds and had some great times but there is so much I miss about the UK that I am going home in a couple of months.
At least you can say that you did it rather than forever wondering what if. I hope your move back to the UK works out for you.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:27 am
Banned

Phew, earlier on it was looking like the consensus was lurching towards "no, Australia is a big mistake"
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:56 am
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

only 26% want to stay long term..intresting.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

We are happy, not sure it's the best thing I have ever done as I have been to lots of places and each has given me something...no idea if I will stay , will cross any bridges as they arise....
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to beholdhereshoping is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by london52
only 26% want to stay long term..intresting.
Not true, we want to stay long term, but we also miss some things so I voted for 'On balance we are happy we miss some things but we expected that' because that's the closest to how I feel, there is nothing in this statement that says we'll be leaving.

Oh and it is the best thing we've ever done, the 'things' we miss are friends and family.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:07 am
Canary who flew the nest

NCFC is on a distinguished road

Landed in WA November 07 and on balance the wife and i are still very happy.

Missing family and a few good mates but on the whole finding it to be a good move.

Heading back to Norfolk for a wedding in May though. so will have a better idea when we see first hand what life is like in England at the mo.

Will we want to stay there?

Or get the hell back over here?

Who knows??
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NCFC
Landed in WA November 07 and on balance the wife and i are still very happy.

Missing family and a few good mates but on the whole finding it to be a good move.

Heading back to Norfolk for a wedding in May though. so will have a better idea when we see first hand what life is like in England at the mo.

Will we want to stay there?

Or get the hell back over here?

Who knows??
Bunbury hey much better than Perth.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Interesting findings so far with slightly less than 50% being completely happy. I suppose that's a slightly higher percentage than I would have thought. Mind you it could be that those who decided it wasn't for them have already gone back and no longer frequent the forum.

Keep the responses coming.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:43 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting findings so far with slightly less than 50% being completely happy. I suppose that's a slightly higher percentage than I would have thought. Mind you it could be that those who decided it wasn't for them have already gone back and no longer frequent the forum.

And also the great many happy here who will not be posting obviously.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

lastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nicelastere is just really nice

put it in the MBTUK too then you'll have a better picture
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Voted completely happy but not sure it's the best thing we ever did - sounds a bit strong and it's all relative but there's a limit to what a poll can ask so I'll go with it
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lastere
put it in the MBTUK too then you'll have a better picture
Good idea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.