Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

happy people going to oz

happy people going to oz

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all
Default happy people going to oz

Hi all, I got into expats about 2 yrs ago - we have since been granted our visas and are REALLY exited about starting our new life in australia!! we are currently waiting for our house to sell in the uk so we can make a clean break for australia. I am asking for similiar people who are about to emmigrate and are actually happy about it as there are FAR TO MANY NEGATIVE POSTS ON THIS SITE. we want people who are EXITED to reply to this post just to get some POSITIVE feelings and some exitement going again!!!!!!!!!

cheers n beers

Watty n arls.........
Old Aug 24th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all
Default Re: happy people going to oz

I'm loving it here! I keep having awful dreams about being back in the UK and panicking that I can't get back to Oz. It's lovely to wake up and realise I'm actually here!
As everybody does, we spent a long time planning and getting a visa, and then a bloody long time scrimping and saving to make the move happen. I look around me now and just smile! I have to remind myself sometimes that I live in Australia, and it's fab!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
Hi all, I got into expats about 2 yrs ago - we have since been granted our visas and are REALLY exited about starting our new life in australia!! we are currently waiting for our house to sell in the uk so we can make a clean break for australia. I am asking for similiar people who are about to emmigrate and are actually happy about it as there are FAR TO MANY NEGATIVE POSTS ON THIS SITE. we want people who are EXITED to reply to this post just to get some POSITIVE feelings and some exitement going again!!!!!!!!!

cheers n beers

Watty n arls.........
Hope you've noticed that a vast amount of negative posts are started when someone compares Aus to UK or slates the UK for whatever reason and somehow thinks they can escape everything by going to Aus!

Not allowed to post on this thread by your rules, but what the hey lol

Personally looking forward to going to Aus very much(whenever that is). But not to start a new life (as will still be the same people and it isn't a new life unless you intend on being reborn) just to start a different chapter in the book of life and see where it takes us.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:24 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Personally looking forward to going to Aus very much(whenever that is). But not to start a new life (as will still be the same people and it isn't a new life unless you intend on being reborn) just to start a different chapter in the book of life and see where it takes us.
Well, I came to oz about 2 and a half years ago, and I absolutely love it. As for not being better here, well that depends on the individual. For me just moving to a different country was enough to reinvigorate my life which was all about work and surviving in the UK. I have an extremely positive take on life, but the UK was even getting me down.....no sense of belonging there. Here, I have felt at ease with the pace of life, at home with the style of life, have had a complete change of career and have built up a good network of friends even though I knew only my wife when i got here.

And if I look back on this, I'd say it's good for prospective immigrants to be excited...it's like being 18 years old again and finding your independence from your parents.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:28 am
k76
Forum Regular

k76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nice

You can add a few votes to the happy camp:

Myself
Wife
Dog (always happy anyway, but more so now)
Old Aug 24th 2007, 2:39 am

chopsface will become famous soon enoughchopsface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by k76
You can add a few votes to the happy camp:

Myself
Wife
Dog (always happy anyway, but more so now)
I'm happy here, i was homesick for the 1st 6 months but i'm loving it now.....even if we are having a cyclone at the moment! we are healthier, fitter, more positive just happier, plus there's no chavs, and i can go out without crossing the road to avoid them! You'll love it!!