Happy Diwali

Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road
Default Happy Diwali

Happy Diwali and a Prosperous New Year....

Diwali is the Indian festival of lights and our New Year..

........Best wishes to all even if you dont celebrate Diwali and may the new year bring you all the happiness in the world ( and all those Visas!!!!!!!!!!)

Best wishes to everyone on the board....Happy New Year.......................................Saloni
Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:49 pm
earlswood

Happy Diwali Salonit!!

Earlswood

Old Oct 24th 2003, 4:57 pm
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future

The words "can" and "worms" spring to mind, but....

oh goody, another month of fireworks until 3am every night to come. I live in Harrow, London, and every November it's like World War 3 every night. Is it not possible to celebrate Diwali while respecting that people actually might want to get some sleep?

OK, that's my rant for the week over - go on, call me an old grouch then, I deserve it! :lecture:
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

And then you have Bonfire night to follow on for the next month!!
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:06 pm
Feathered Member

Budgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant futureBudgie has a brilliant future

It's just the fact that is seems to be celebrated for a whole MONTH that's the problem. You don't mind a load of noise for a night or two, but for weeks on end is a bit much.

Dammit, I'm still ranting! Bad budgie!
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:13 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Budgie

oh goody, another month of fireworks until 3am every night to come. I live in Harrow, London, and every November it's like World War 3 every night. Is it not possible to celebrate Diwali while respecting that people actually might want to get some sleep?

OK, that's my rant for the week over - go on, call me an old grouch then, I deserve it! :lecture:

you old grouch.

did you not used to set off a few fireworks when you were a young man/woman.

Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:13 pm
WBB

you old grouch.

did you not used to set off a few fireworks when you were a young man/woman.

Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:14 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Get over yourself. Other people that probably do not celebrate bonfire night or haloween probably think the same but its called tolerence and by the sounds of it you have little of that! Oh and keeping it to yourself

If you don't like it may I suggest that perhaps you live in the wrong part of the country and you would be better suited to somewhere in the sticks.

Thats my rant over with. Happy Diwali Salonit

Jo
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Happy Diwali

Originally posted by salonit
Happy Diwali and a Prosperous New Year....

Diwali is the Indian festival of lights and our New Year..

........Best wishes to all even if you dont celebrate Diwali and may the new year bring you all the happiness in the world ( and all those Visas!!!!!!!!!!)

Best wishes to everyone on the board....Happy New Year.......................................Saloni

Best wishes to you.

footie chick
Old Oct 24th 2003, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

oops ....just wishing everybody a Happy New Year and hope they get their visas...I am coming down to London this wkend and will be going to Harrow...sounds like its gonna be a big Party!! Best Wishes, Budgie, and may all your dreams come true anyway ...
Old Oct 24th 2003, 7:23 pm
WBB

Diwali ???

is that what was going on in eastenders just now?

fireworks and wine, sounds like a party to me.

:PARTY:

Old Oct 24th 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Diwali Salonit!!!

Hope you have a happy and prosperous new year!!!
Old Oct 24th 2003, 7:49 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Default Diwali why not??

Originally posted by welshboybilly
Diwali ???

is that what was going on in eastenders just now?

fireworks and wine, sounds like a party to me.

:PARTY:
Party party
:PARTY: !!!

Oh my head hurts 7 miles from Southall and 5 miles from slough and about 6 miles from Harrow. Party Party Party Happy new year there goes another one as I right this, good luck to any race or creed and celibrate all and do open some good curry houses in Oz, dont u say WBB. Cheers all.
Old Oct 24th 2003, 8:00 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

happy diwali salonit.... have some sweets for me!

and budgie wrote:

"Is it not possible to celebrate Diwali while respecting that people actually might want to get some sleep?"

Simple answer: NO.

Try being in India during Diwali - then you'll hear some REAL fireworks!
Old Oct 25th 2003, 8:54 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

happy diwali salonit!

my daughter came home from school (infants) yesterday with a card and some sweets - every year her school have celebrations for every culture, be it christian, muslim, jewish....regardless of whether there are any children celebrating that particular festival or not.
I am very pleased this multicultural harmony is being promoted in her school, its a pity it isnt done in all schools.

peace and harmony

sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.