Upon our farther way?
Or reedy ranks all knee-deep stand?
Or leafy tree-tops sway?
The gold of dawn is surely met
In sunsets lavish blaze
And in horizons hidden yet
There shall be happy days

Foott, Mary Hannay (1846-1918)
Mary Hannay Foott (nee Black), was born in Glasgow in 1846, and came out to Australia as a six year old. In 1874 she married Thomas Foott who owned a station in outback south-western Queensland on the Paroo River where she went to live
Old Nov 9th 2003, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Happy Days - OZ poetry

Originally posted by Jirrupin
Happy Days

Mary Hannay Foott (nee Black), was born in Glasgow in 1846, and came out to Australia as a six year old. In 1874 she married Thomas Foott who owned a station in outback south-western Queensland on the Paroo River where she went to live

Yeah yeah, but did she get a big 'ouse and a pool
Old Nov 9th 2003, 2:13 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Yeah yeah, but did she get a big 'ouse and a pool

Today, I will mainly be being positive,

(trying to lengthen my nose)

What I have begun to realise is that it is not what I post that people find agravating it is me. Yesterday I declined from reporting on the Scarborugh Beach Riots, even though we were in Scarborough yesterday afternoon and saw lots of police and young people about. (Didn't see the riot). Renth has mentioned it but and I think his head is still attached Now if it had been me...

So for today at least I am going to be like a pop idol, (poster idol) and reinvent my persona.

Nice Jirrupin, very helpful jirrupin, no big 'ouse, pool or job but I don't care, I am living the dream and I am in Oz and life is good and fantastic and DianeOZ might do me a good deal on some turkey for chrimbo.
Old Nov 9th 2003, 2:38 pm
owieb

Yesterday I declined from reporting on the Scarborugh Beach Riots, even though we were in Scarborough yesterday afternoon and saw lots of police and young people about. (Didn't see the riot). Renth has mentioned it but and I think his head is still attached Now if it had been me...
You should have posted, it would have saved me having to track it down on the news!

I was on the way to the cinema and saw loads of police cars heading down scarborough beach road; saw the helicoptor in the sky etc, but didn't have a clue what was going on.

I came back down the coast road through scarborough, but it had obviously all been tidied up by then so I was none the wiser.

Old Nov 9th 2003, 6:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I lived near the Paroo for about 4 years when I was in my 20s. Of course the Paroo is quite a long river , but I wonder what station it was?