Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Happy Birthday JTL

Happy Birthday JTL

Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:35 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Happy Birthday JTL

Originally Posted by Simone
Yep, at the Blues and Roots here in Freo in April.
Also saw Ash Grunwald, Xavier Rudd(has seen both before, both VERY good), G love (way to slimy, slimy lyrics, but good music I guess, and lots of people liked it), Violent Femmes and Jack Johnson.

Haven't got any Beautiful Girls albums(as far as I'm aware...!), and don't remember that much of the concert, as we saw so many that day, but I do remember I really liked them.

Have you heard of Brett Hunt btw? I think he is probably a local to you too. He's a really good singer/songwriter. Was touring over here as support for Jez, from Byron Bay.
Don't know Brett Hunt. The BGs wouldn't be on my usual pick, but I heard their album playing in a cafe and had to ask who is was. Learn Youself was the album and I would highly recommend it.
Also have Morning Sun that I picked up in a shop in Byron. They only seemed to stock blues and roots, so I was glad to find someone I knew.
On a similar note, I've also got in to The John Butler Trio and Ben Harper.
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:59 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
Don't know Brett Hunt. The BGs wouldn't be on my usual pick, but I heard their album playing in a cafe and had to ask who is was. Learn Youself was the album and I would highly recommend it.
Also have Morning Sun that I picked up in a shop in Byron. They only seemed to stock blues and roots, so I was glad to find someone I knew.
On a similar note, I've also got in to The John Butler Trio and Ben Harper.
Oh yes, very good.
Well, if you like those two too, then you should like all the other names I mentioned too, I think....

Old Jun 29th 2005, 7:05 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Have a good 'un
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
And I hope I am included in that category "drunken Scots" lmao

you're a high heid yin,

JTL
Old Jun 29th 2005, 11:05 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Old Jun 29th 2005, 12:09 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point