Reload this Page >

happier stories?????

Wikiposts

happier stories?????

Old Aug 24th 2003, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default happier stories?????

hey what about some happy life stories in oz, i know oz isnt always dreamers paradise ,but would like to hear some good aswell.ie if there r any to tell
Old Aug 24th 2003, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

sully4441 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: happier stories?????

Originally posted by delboy
hey what about some happy life stories in oz, i know oz isnt always dreamers paradise ,but would like to hear some good aswell.ie if there r any to tell
PB's left! Should make some happy.
(Sorry couldn't resist it)
Old Aug 24th 2003, 10:48 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my favourite moments was at a England Australia day nighter with the barmy army. Even though England lost the Aussies still loved being constantly abused!!!

They think the Barmy Army is great.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Must put this on , my son Graduated from primary school at xmas to go up to high school. Well they all stand up and they sing this song , well , im stood with the camcorder and im crying . They where just all as one , it was so lovely. Soppy i know but the bond between all these kids was amazing.
Joanne p.s if i think of song i will let you know
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Ahh one was " I'm gonna give myself permission to shine " i have never heard it till they sung it , oh it was so lovely.
Joanne
Old Aug 25th 2003, 1:39 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: happier stories?????

Originally posted by delboy

Happy stories of life in Oz, where do I begin,
Well one that springs to mind, is seeing the kids less stressed about going to school, and having my youngest say this weekend "thanks for sending me to this school" they are both more relaxed, happy and have made quite afew friends.

Also going down the beach watching out for dolphins and whales that swim close to the shore. watching the sun set! sometimes I have to pinch myself! that it's real.

Meeting up with others from this newsgroup a big plus as we didn't know anybody when we came here, except a friend of my hubbies.

There has been tough times, but no regrets at the moment, except I do miss my mum, more than I thought I would, can't wait for their visit in 15 weeks time and counting!!!

yve
Old Aug 25th 2003, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely Abergas. Nice to hear that the kids are settled.

Whisky
Old Aug 25th 2003, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Originally posted by jopaulss
Must put this on , my son Graduated from primary school at xmas to go up to high school. Well they all stand up and they sing this song , well , im stood with the camcorder and im crying . They where just all as one , it was so lovely. Soppy i know but the bond between all these kids was amazing.

======================

God Jo I just know that will be me when it's our turn!!

What makes me happy is:-

everytime I see the sea
my youngest running around barefoot & half naked talking aussie
hardly any miserable people here
bottle shops
Stress free supermarket shopping
Knowing that at the weekend we will always find something nice to do
Lovely friends (hello)
Basically, the simple things in life (for a simple girlie!!)

diane
Old Aug 25th 2003, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Like the bottle shop one Diane!! Love the drive through ones.

Agree with lots of yours especially seeing the sea, really perks you up if you're feeling a bit down

Love being able to go for a walk & having nice scenery etc to look at

The wildlife, always spotting something new. The birds are brilliant, love all the different parrots. Huuby and his friends went camping at the weekend, one of his friends was paddling when he spotted two dolphins chasing a fish, the fish swam between his legs so the dolphins swam right past him too. They didn't get the fish though, a pelican beat them to it!

People say Perth is isolated and there's nothing to do, there's plenty to do, the kids are always going somewhere, they are experiencing far more opportunities than they ever did at home.

LOOPY
Old Aug 25th 2003, 1:17 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I've noticed all the new flowers coming out everywhere. Spring is definitely in the air. I think another trip to Ningaloo beckons is a few weeks time too!!

The old windsurfer is dusted down and rearing to go and I'm about to buy a mini-mal surfboard as I've decided it's time to learn to surf.

I too have to pinch myself most mornings to make sure I'm not dreaming.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

This time of year is good, before the heat comes. Really pretty time of year we look out at the pool and forest and it all just sparkels.

Can relate to the leaving school thing, we had one finish grade 12 and they had all 2000 students line the footpath to the front gate forming a guard of honour it was lovely. And when they graduate, its the most formal occasion I have ever been to! They even practise how to walk, then practise the whole ceremony. The boys in suits with tails and the girls in long gowns, every year someone faints and true to form two boys passed out. Really brings a lump to your throat.

Storms, I love them here, they are wild, nothing like I have seen anywhere else in the world, best one was when we could see the mini tornado thing coming up the street, then blowing the windows out with all the kids packed between two sofas with cusions on top of them. The rain sounds like a train crashing into the house. Amazing.

Winter in QLD, those cold clear mornings, the evenings with the log fire, you really appreciate it after summer.

Summer rain, on a 40 degree day and a storm comes and you just stand outside drowning in the rain, not caring about your clothes its just such a relief.

Red wine, some excellent reds here for $10 and its even good for you

Old Aug 25th 2003, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jopaulss

Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:09 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Xmas and no sign of Eastenders and Coronation street. They were so bloody miserable.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Originally posted by bondipom
Xmas and no sign of Eastenders and Coronation street. They were so bloody miserable.
===========================================

Bah Humbug - what's wrong with a good dose of Phil Mitchell & Veiny Neck Deirdrie On Crimbo Day to make you feel even more depressed after opening all your pressies and eating too much turkey & Christmas Pud.
Old Aug 25th 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
======================

God Jo I just know that will be me when it's our turn!!

What makes me happy is:-

everytime I see the sea
my youngest running around barefoot & half naked talking aussie
hardly any miserable people here
bottle shops
Stress free supermarket shopping
Knowing that at the weekend we will always find something nice to do
Lovely friends (hello)
Basically, the simple things in life (for a simple girlie!!)

diane
Diane, like your list.
I am at the stage where doubts keep coming into your mind. Am I doing the right thing?
Yesterday, being a Bank Holiday, I mentioned to hubby and daughter that we should go out. 'Where shall we go' I said. We couldn't think of anywhere local. Ended up going into town and looking around the shops. It was fine, but would have liked to have gone somewhere a bit more interesting.
As we were driving into town, I pondered about our future in Oz, and thought about the lovely views and walks and beaches in Oz.
Maybe that isn't everyones cup of tea, but its ours, and you have just confirmed it for me this morning that we are doing the right thing.
Look forward to our arrival and a girlie night out.

Whisky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.