Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

on a happier note our dog who failed blood tests now on her way!!!!

on a happier note our dog who failed blood tests now on her way!!!!

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default on a happier note our dog who failed blood tests now on her way!!!!

Thanks to all Expats who've pm'd me when I've been so low about our poor dog. I'm posting some advice if it helps any of you in the future.
Basically our dog failed her Ehrlichia test three times, nightmare. We had to leave the UK and her with family and come to oz as hubbie's job couldn't be delayed. We had to separate her from our other dog who's also seven

We spoke to the government vet over here who was fantastic and recommended a course of treatment which has finally got her through, four months after we had to leave her with my father in law in the UK.
If any of you out there have dogs that have failed this test, then please get your vet to try this treatment.

Basically (if I can remember) it's a six week course of the antibiotic Doxycycline (there's a weight per kg measure for each dog) but it's pretty strong stuff and gave ours a dodgy tummy bless her. Basically they have these tablets every day non stop, then wait about two to three weeks after the course has finished (to give the drugs a chance to get the titre down) and then test. SHE PASSED!!! failed her lepto though argh but has now passed that one as it hasn't gone up. Hopefully she'll be with us safe and sound after her quarantine. So pleased. For those who love dogs you'll know how much leaving one of them breaks your heart. We ahve been in bits over it and it had cast a huge shadow over our move here. We are totally made up now!! If anyone wants any more info then please pm me. x
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:31 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: on a happier note our dog who failed blood tests now on her way!!!!

Originally Posted by liver bird
Thanks to all Expats who've pm'd me when I've been so low about our poor dog. I'm posting some advice if it helps any of you in the future.
Basically our dog failed her Ehrlichia test three times, nightmare. We had to leave the UK and her with family and come to oz as hubbie's job couldn't be delayed. We had to separate her from our other dog who's also seven

We spoke to the government vet over here who was fantastic and recommended a course of treatment which has finally got her through, four months after we had to leave her with my father in law in the UK.
If any of you out there have dogs that have failed this test, then please get your vet to try this treatment.

Basically (if I can remember) it's a six week course of the antibiotic Doxycycline (there's a weight per kg measure for each dog) but it's pretty strong stuff and gave ours a dodgy tummy bless her. Basically they have these tablets every day non stop, then wait about two to three weeks after the course has finished (to give the drugs a chance to get the titre down) and then test. SHE PASSED!!! failed her lepto though argh but has now passed that one as it hasn't gone up. Hopefully she'll be with us safe and sound after her quarantine. So pleased. For those who love dogs you'll know how much leaving one of them breaks your heart. We ahve been in bits over it and it had cast a huge shadow over our move here. We are totally made up now!! If anyone wants any more info then please pm me. x
That's good news Liver. How are things going for you all? Doing any better with the homesickness?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 5:55 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased to hear your dog has made it ... not long now and you will all be reunited

Ipom ... that piccie of your dog in other thread is gorgeous !!!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

great news, we are till waiting for the results from the vet, its such a worry as we are so far away..

GLad you will be reunited soon,

Lisax.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 6:21 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

absolutely brilliant news..........so pleased for you. when is she flying to australia?
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
That's good news Liver. How are things going for you all? Doing any better with the homesickness?
hiya, thanks for that. Still feeling bit bad to be honest but not crying every day like I used to so i suppose am getting better . Feel like whingeing pom but this heat is getting to me and the babies. Don't know how to keep the kids cool about from cool baths, in their nappies, ice pops and the air con! and apparently this weather is mild!!!! x
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sel
Really pleased to hear your dog has made it ... not long now and you will all be reunited

Ipom ... that piccie of your dog in other thread is gorgeous !!!
Thanks so much! I can't wait. Still can't quite believe it. We'd made up our minds to go home if she'd failed this one as we couldn't bear to rehome her.x
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
great news, we are till waiting for the results from the vet, its such a worry as we are so far away..

GLad you will be reunited soon,

Lisax.
fingers crossed for you. My heart goes out to you as I know what it's like. Thikn the weybridge lab (who does all the blood tests in the UK) are snowed under, ours took two weeks to come back but apparently they 'forgot to give it to the pet shippers. Argh. Seriously though if you need me to look up the dosage that the vet recommended I can send it to you but am sure your doggie will be fine. xx
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
absolutely brilliant news..........so pleased for you. when is she flying to australia?
thanks doll!! she is flying on the 29th jan !!!! then we have a month before we can cuddle her but we're so pleased. Keep feelign so tearful about it all.x
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:21 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Great news...
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

I love happy endings

Ian
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
I love happy endings

Ian
Ta! absolutely made up!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodders39
Great news...
thanks so much, still can't quite believe it!
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

thanks so much, still can't quite believe it!
The very BEST news I could read on a Monday morning, no doubt them little Cocker tails will be going non stop when they meet up again - We'd all like pictures

Wendy xx
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

fingers crossed for you. My heart goes out to you as I know what it's like. Thikn the weybridge lab (who does all the blood tests in the UK) are snowed under, ours took two weeks to come back but apparently they 'forgot to give it to the pet shippers. Argh. Seriously though if you need me to look up the dosage that the vet recommended I can send it to you but am sure your doggie will be fine. xx
Thanks, will keep you posted, but HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed, touch wood etc) we wont need it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.