Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Handsworth meds??

Handsworth meds??

Old May 16th 2005, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Handsworth meds??

Anyone been to Handsworth (Birmingham) for their medicals and X-rays ( they do them altogether). Any info on them would be great
Cheers
Old May 16th 2005, 2:32 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Handsworth meds??

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Anyone been to Handsworth (Birmingham) for their medicals and X-rays ( they do them altogether). Any info on them would be great
Cheers
It cost us £330 for the 3 of us and took about 2 hours. Easy to find if you come from the M5 side past the Baggies ground and very friendly. Start by filling a cup then chest x-ray. See the nurse to get weighed, measured, eye test, finger prick, blood pressure. Finally see the doc for questioning and a bit of a poke and prod. Nothing to worry about.
Old May 16th 2005, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Easy going & pretty quick (although they said that depends on the number of people and work required). We only needed Xrays for adults and meds for the kids as we're going on a 457 visa.

Nice doc for kids, nice radiographer for us, helpful administrator.

Results were sent off very quickly.

Useful to take the red books with full immunisation records and you must take your recent photos (they sent me away to get another as mine was quite old (and flattering).

Didn't compare costs as we wanted them done quickly but I think ours cost around £150.

Feel free to ask if any more questions.

Carolyn
Old May 16th 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Cheers for the replys, they have quoted us £100 x3 each for medicals, £40 x3 for x-rays and £25 x 2 for HIV bloods and £30 x 1 for hep B Total £500. I thought it would be less for our daughter a she is 14? and I thought I would have to have more bloods being a nurse?
Old May 16th 2005, 11:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice people. Very open so everybody knows when and where you are going for your pee sample. My daughter was horrified.