Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Handover papers - medical

Handover papers - medical

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice
Default Handover papers - medical

Hi

Missus has been working through the tips on things to do before you leave, and it says something about getting a copy of your medical records to take with you. Is this really necessary? There's no real medical conditions with any of us and the medical practice want £50 per set, so it would cost £200 for the four of us. So are these something I should really take or aren't they that important?

cheers
showdan
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Handover papers - medical

Originally Posted by showdan
Hi

Missus has been working through the tips on things to do before you leave, and it says something about getting a copy of your medical records to take with you. Is this really necessary? There's no real medical conditions with any of us and the medical practice want £50 per set, so it would cost £200 for the four of us. So are these something I should really take or aren't they that important?

cheers
showdan
I never brought mine. I have a thyroid problem, and was never even asked for medical records when I went to see the doctor. So save your money.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
I never brought mine. I have a thyroid problem, and was never even asked for medical records when I went to see the doctor. So save your money.
Excellent! thanks for the quick reply Wendy.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

Good topic...would be interested to see if anyone did NOT take them and experienced any problems...as you say, £50 per person is not cheap.

This is a useful leaflet from the Patient's Association;

http://www.patients-association.org....calrecords.pdf

(I like the way they say a "reasonable fee up to £50", like anyone will charge less!)

Thanks

Marcus
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Brought mine, purely for my own interest actually as my mum seemed to spend a lot of her time dragging me to doctor's surgeries as a kid! After 4 years the only time I opened the envelope was when I read them through myself.
I then worked out that no, I hadn't had my tonsils out, that bit of the record belonged to someone else, and yes, that was the test results that they had to send for again for my mum's condition back in 1979 or summat cos the doctor had lost them........
Very entertaining, wish I was still in touch with my friend from age 7, cos I'd love to tell her that they kept her mum in hospital an extra day when she had her tonsils out cos "the kids were troublesome and she'd get no peace at home" !

If you get your records - check them carefully....you never know who's secrets may be in there!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice

And they wonder why people have no faith in electronic records being accurate on a huge NHS database!