Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Handed in Notice!!

Handed in Notice!!

Old May 4th 2004, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

austensue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Handed in Notice!!

Did the big one today and handed in my notice at work! BUT NO WORRIES. My boss say’s he’s not too happy about me leaving but wished it were him going to Australia and he agrees it’s probably for the best!!!
I have got to work 3 months notice but have offered to work until the visa’s arrive and he say’s I can stay for as long as it takes. I was a bit concerned that he would kick me out straight away with 3 months wages but it couldn’t have gone better.
Sit back, chill out, and wait for the Visa’s now z z z z z z z z z z

Austen
Old May 4th 2004, 10:33 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Handed in Notice!!

Originally posted by austensue
Did the big one today and handed in my notice at work! BUT NO WORRIES. My boss say’s he’s not too happy about me leaving but wished it were him going to Australia and he agrees it’s probably for the best!!!
I have got to work 3 months notice but have offered to work until the visa’s arrive and he say’s I can stay for as long as it takes. I was a bit concerned that he would kick me out straight away with 3 months wages but it couldn’t have gone better.
Sit back, chill out, and wait for the Visa’s now z z z z z z z z z z

Austen
Hi
Thats a good result for you, must make you feel pretty happy

Old May 4th 2004, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of
Default Re: Handed in Notice!!

We also have to give 3 months notice. It must feel really good and what an excellent result! Don't think my employers will be as understanding.
Where are you in terms of waiting for your visa? We can't decide when to do the deed. I'm a nurse but things seem to have slowed down a bit at the moment haven't had a request for medicals or anything yet.

Which part of Essex? We're in the middle!

Lou
Old May 4th 2004, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

It feels great. No more hiding what we're doing. Everyone now knows!
We are going on an STNI visa and have been told to expect it by August.
North Essex - Halstead to be precise!

Cheers

Austen
Old May 4th 2004, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

We're Braintree, practically neighbours!

When do you hope to go and where to?
Old May 4th 2004, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

We should get visas approx August and are going to Adelaide.
Where are you going?

Aus
Old May 4th 2004, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

We're starting out on the Sunshine Coast, Qld as we have contacts there but Adelaide is our next choice if we can't settle there. I think my husband is pretty adamant we will though. I'm easy, it's an adventure after all. We hoped to be out in August too before our eldest has to start school but due to various delays in applying it seems unlikely now.

Have you been to any of the Essex meets? We went to the first one and the fourth I think. Met a family from Gosfield and met up with them again but have lost touch now.
Old May 4th 2004, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

We looked at Brisbane to start with but theres more work for me in Adelaide (Toolmaker) unless I wanted to become a beach technician!?!?!
Haven't been to any meets yet as have always had other plans in the way!!
I will look out for the next one and perhaps we could meet.
I have a daughter 16, son 10 and another daughter 8.

Aus
Old May 4th 2004, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Look forward to it

We have 2 boys, 4 and 2.

Lou
Old May 4th 2004, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I'm quite lucky as my boss has been aware from the word go.

I gave him my finish date today (3 months notice) and he was brilliant.

Old May 4th 2004, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

arlene:scared: