Handed in my resignation today and now I am gutted

Handed in my resignation today and now I am gutted

Old Jul 8th 2005, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

winter375 will become famous soon enough
Default Handed in my resignation today and now I am gutted

Hi
I just handed in my resignation today.
Had a good long talk with my boss and afterwards with my work mates...now I feel completely gutted. I will really miss my work here and the people at the office. Has anybody experienced this as well?? To me it seems that everybody here in this forums is over the clouds once they hand in their resignation. Well, I don't feel happy at all, I wish I could take work Down Under. I know that there is more to life than a nice job and I should see the bigger picture but at the moment I really don't!!!!
Can anybody cheer me up, please???
Old Jul 8th 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Re: Handed in my resignation today and now I am gutted

Originally Posted by winter375
Hi
Had a good long talk with my boss and afterwards with my work mates...now I feel completely gutted. I will really miss my work here and the people at the office. Has anybody experienced this as well?? To me it seems that everybody here in this forums is over the clouds once they hand in their resignation. Well, I don't feel happy at all, I wish I could take work Down Under. I know that there is more to life than a nice job and I should see the bigger picture but at the moment I really don't!!!!
Hey winter!!!

It must not be easy... but remember why you made the choice to immigrate first, that should cheer you up!

When are you going? I am leaving ZRH on Sept 18th!!!

Cheer up!!!

fabie
Old Jul 8th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

My hubby did. He could have applied for promotion as well before he left and was upset at leaving his job and work colleagues. Now three months on everyone he worked with has been made redundant. The company is going through a bad patch. His friends have told him that he got out at the right time. He is obviously upset for them but relieved he is not in that situation. Instead he is here in a new job he enjoys and having a great time in Oz.

You never know what is round the corner.
HTH
Katie
Old Jul 8th 2005, 1:09 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Know what you mean. I was upset to leave the place I worked in the UK - great people, enjoyable role. But there are good people and good roles everywhere; just a case of finding something else you're happy with wherever you go next. May take time, but it's certainly achievable.

Just another small part of the process that means, in the bigger picture, your goals are closer.

GG

Hi
Old Jul 8th 2005, 1:15 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi,
Its not easy,giving up a life your used to,stage by stage,familiarity,routine etc...your leaving your past behind for hopefully a better future but a future that is filled with uncertainty at the begining,you are literally starting from scratch in a country you know nothing or very little about.Its scary maybe its a good thing you are having these feelings now? maybe it will help you cope better once you are here?

Sending you some karma & best of luck for the future ahead

Donna.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 1:26 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

I felt the very same. I'd finally found a job I really liked, even a great boss, and chance of upgrade.

As soon as Gav had his job offer in Aus, I didn't think twice about the job until it came to telling them I would be leaving and then realising what I was leaving behind. After everyone knew, I started to feel a bit sad and really wanted to have the same job, same office, same people and bring our house with us here.

Having said all that - I absolutely love it here and am looking forward to starting my first new proper job in Australia!
It's nice now that I'm still in contact with my old workmates, and will get some new ones too.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

kulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud ofkulu has much to be proud of

Hi
After I handed in my letter of resignation I literally jumped around laughing telling my colleagues that I'd done it, then I walked out of the room and burst into tears. I think it's pretty normal to have mixed feelings about it if it's somewhere that you have enjoyed working and there are people that you have enjoyed working with. This is just one step in cutting your ties before you move and it's okay to feel like this, you shouldn't beat yourself up about it. The truth is I still miss my job in the UK but maybe that's because I don't have one here yet!
I wouldn't go back though, my life overall is far better here than there and hopefully it will be for you too but you will never know unless you try ....
Old Jul 8th 2005, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

winter375 will become famous soon enough

Thank to everybody, I already feel a bit better

Hey Fabie, good to hear from you!!! We are planning to leave ZHR in the last week of October. What company do you fly with???
Old Jul 8th 2005, 3:41 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Hi
To be honest, I have mixed feelings about leaving a 10 year role in the same company. It is a hard decision to make, but one that must be made in order to achieve your ultimate goal.

When the day comes (a few weeks away yet) I'm sure it will be a mixture of emotions, but the overall result will be I am one step closer to the dream.

Stand by your decision, and forge ahead with your plans. Good luck. You are doing the right thing.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 4:18 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly how you feel - I resigned from my teaching job in May, and it's my last week before the summer break next week. I think that what made it worse was the fact that everybody was so damn nice about it. My boss said that it sounded like I had a fantastic opportunity and she didn't think that anybody could criticise me for wanting to take it! I will certainly miss the place, it's probably the best job I've had.

On the other side of the coin, I know that it's something that had to be done to get where I want to go. I don't know if this Australia thing is going to work - with the setbacks I've had over the past couple of months, I'm starting to have some real doubts - but I do know one thing for sure - If I don't go and try it, then it has absolutely NO hope of succeeding!

I don't think that there's any shame in coming back if things don't pan out. At least we're making an effort unlike a lot of short sighted rut (sp?) bound people that I know.

S