Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Handed in my notice........

Wikiposts

Handed in my notice........

Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Handed in my notice........

Just thought I would let you all know that last Monday I handed in my notice
although we havent got the visa yet I knew that whatever happened I would have to give 4 weeks, we want to go ASAP so I HANDED IN MY NOTICE!!!!!!
Then after a long discussion we decided that hubby should de the same, which he is doing on Monday.

Actually it is not so scarey as my boss has said if there is a problem I can carry on working for a while longer or if all else fails I can have my job back......and hubby spoke to his boss and he said the same

This is the first time in ages that we have felt in some kind of control, waiting for the visa grant is like living in limbo land and there is nothing you can do

We still live in hope that we get our visa before Christmas
good luck to all those who are also waiting
jacqui
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:41 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all
Default Re: Handed in my notice........

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Just thought I would let you all know that last Monday I handed in my notice
although we havent got the visa yet I knew that whatever happened I would have to give 4 weeks, we want to go ASAP so I HANDED IN MY NOTICE!!!!!!
Then after a long discussion we decided that hubby should de the same, which he is doing on Monday.

Actually it is not so scarey as my boss has said if there is a problem I can carry on working for a while longer or if all else fails I can have my job back......and hubby spoke to his boss and he said the same

This is the first time in ages that we have felt in some kind of control, waiting for the visa grant is like living in limbo land and there is nothing you can do

We still live in hope that we get our visa before Christmas
jacqui
Good luck Jacqui, hope you hear about your visa soon.
Like you said yourself, nice feeling doing something positive.
Carole x
Old Nov 6th 2005, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice

Hi Jacqui,

Hope you don't have to wait too long and I think you have done the right thing. I told my boss on Friday that we had been granted our visa's and she was really good about it. Obviously we still have to sell the house so its not as if we are going straight away and she was cool with that.

Good luck and I will be looking out for your 'got it'.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

[We still live in hope that we get our visa before Christmas
jacqui[/QUOTE]

Hi,
We sent our meds off early sept & got our visa this week
We hope to complete house sale mid-Jan,so our plan is to give notice at the start of Dec & finish X-mas eve
I've been in my job since I was 17 (21 yrs !) and I can't believe that I'm leaving.
Hey - ho, new life and all that
Good luck with your Visa,shouldn't take long.