Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hand held vacuum choices

Hand held vacuum choices

Old Feb 19th 2014, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default Hand held vacuum choices

Our hand held Dyson has given up again. First time around it was the battery which has been replaced now it seems to be something else though there was a burning smell before it went kapuut!
Other than than Dyson brand which I find expensive what else should I be looking at?
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hand held vacuum choices

Anything you can fit your knob into.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Would that widen, or restrict your options, Vim?

You'd have to get one that would take lipstick around the edges - for that authentic look.

I find handhelds a bit useless myself. It's not as if they could suck-start a harley...
Old Feb 19th 2014, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

If I was a girl I would take offence at that - luckily for you I'm not.
Anyway, none of the female sales assistants found your suggestion helpful or funny and my little sales sojourn this arvo gained nothing.
I did find the Black & Decker Dustbuster 18V but there's no way I'm sticking my knob into that.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 8:17 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

We cant fault the Dyson and just havent found anything better to be honest. I have never been tempted to use it as a sex aid so cant comment on its suitability.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 1:45 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Would that widen, or restrict your options, Vim?

You'd have to get one that would take lipstick around the edges - for that authentic look.

I find handhelds a bit useless myself. It's not as if they could suck-start a harley...
Restrict.

Originally Posted by chris955
We cant fault the Dyson and just havent found anything better to be honest. I have never been tempted to use it as a sex aid so cant comment on its suitability.
It sucks.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 7:09 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

We have a 14.4v Hoover Handivac. Absolutely brilliant.

Old Feb 20th 2014, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I was looking at the B&D Dustbuster 18V model for around $149 then the sales assistant in David Jones suggested that I ring Dyson. They diagnosed that the main unit needed replacing at a cost of $110 but I could return the whole unit for 30% of the RRP of a new one. The smallest and closest unit is the DC34 (mine is the DC16) at a RRP of $299 which means I only have to pay approximately $209. The cheapest this model is selling for is $245 at Good Guys. I think I'll go for the Dyson offer as they will bear the shipping cost of returning the faulty unit.