Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hampshire meet up?

Hampshire meet up?

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gra.B
No harm, couldn't resist the one-liner!

Your off to NZ, well got an email this morning from an old work mate, anyway told him about emigrating to NZ and he told me a Kiwi was working next room and would speak to me.

Got off the phone and even more convinced its for me & my family.

He's working in London, and like all young Kiwis has travelled Europe etc to see the sights, earn as much as they can before they settle down, and told me that amongst his other expats in London they would all be going back when they decide to settle down and start their own families, its the place for for a better quality of life.

So I'm well happy but also frustrated, I want to go NOW
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

rich and debbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we live in Portsmouth and are hoping to be in OZ by the end of the year! Can we come? That would be us 2 and 3 kids
Debbie
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Blair!

That would be good if you could make it I could grill you more about Nelson!!

We have friends in Southampton who hope to moving to Nelson in August how weird woiuld that be if it was the same people?

Just need to arrange where possibly Winchester

Catch up soon Tori
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Poll

please can everyone make sure they have voted in the poll on the other thread then we will have an idea of numbers - Thanks Tori
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hampshire meet up?

Originally posted by Nicstids
We live in Fareham - I work in Southampton.

Nicola
Blimey!!! I have a twin! My name's Nicola. Live(d) in Fareham (Whiteley to be precise), used to work in Southampton!!

Small world, isn't it..... Hope everyone has fun at the Hampshire meet-up. Have one on me!

Nicola.
(Currently residing in sunny (still!) Papamoa, NZ.)
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hampshire meet up?

Originally posted by Akaubear
Blimey!!! I have a twin! My name's Nicola. Live(d) in Fareham (Whiteley to be precise), used to work in Southampton!!

Small world, isn't it..... Hope everyone has fun at the Hampshire meet-up. Have one on me!

Nicola.
(Currently residing in sunny (still!) Papamoa, NZ.)

Ah.... but did you commute down the M27 on a motorbike?! I bet you're glad to get away from those queues to get off at Junction 9
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sorry cant come

hi you lot sorry i cant come cos im already here, but was intreasted to see the two from the fareham /whitley area on here. up until nov last year we lived in park gate, and i also worked in southampton unfortunatly were not triplets cos my names shaun.
were are you both heading too and were in soton do you work.
well good to hear of some locals heading this way, thats at least 3 families within 10 miles i know of now
good luck shaun and lor

oh and p.s i did commute down the m27 on a motorbike well a yamaha v.max on and off for a few years
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:05 am
Account Closed

Default Re: sorry cant come

Originally posted by shaun/lor
hi you lot sorry i cant come cos im already here, but was intreasted to see the two from the fareham /whitley area on here. up until nov last year we lived in park gate, and i also worked in southampton unfortunatly were not triplets cos my names shaun.
were are you both heading too and were in soton do you work.
well good to hear of some locals heading this way, thats at least 3 families within 10 miles i know of now
good luck shaun and lor

oh and p.s i did commute down the m27 on a motorbike well a yamaha v.max on and off for a few years
Blimey - it is a small world!

We're not sure where we'd like to go - probably have to be where we're most likely to get jobs. Would like Adelaide but don't know about employment there

I work opposite the court in London Road (am a solicitor at Warner Goodman & Streat - probably seen us on the sides of buses!)

How are you getting on in Aus?

Nicola
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good

yea great, we live in a place called geelong which is about an hour out of melbourne at the start of the great ocean road. its lovely, we have a six year old little boy who has settled great into school and i have just started work as the local parcel delivery man, for the equivelent of royal mail.
as far as work is concrned i have seen a lot of people posting on this site and it would seem very much luck of the draw, as long as you dont set your aims too high i dont think the work situation is that bad.
well hope it all goes ok for you, i do know the place were you work. and if we can help you at all send us a message,
shaun and lor
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Even smaller world!

Originally posted by Nicstids
Blimey - it is a small world!

We're not sure where we'd like to go - probably have to be where we're most likely to get jobs. Would like Adelaide but don't know about employment there

I work opposite the court in London Road (am a solicitor at Warner Goodman & Streat - probably seen us on the sides of buses!)

How are you getting on in Aus?

Nicola
Hi Nicola

Even smaller world, I work round the corner from you in Carlton Cres for a Marine Finance company, we are off to Perth next year hopefully, probably passed you in London Road on way to Spar and the bank......

Teresa
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

jtipping is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant believe this we know Junction 9, M27 exceptionally well. We live in Warsash. My partner works for Southampton City Council.
Jan
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jtipping
Cant believe this we know Junction 9, M27 exceptionally well. We live in Warsash. My partner works for Southampton City Council.
Jan
Ahhh... how I miss junction 9 of the M27 (not!)

I wonder what it is about the area that makes us all want to pack up and leave???

Nicola.
Old Jun 4th 2003, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

How small a world?

We got married last year just off juction 9 M27 at the Solent Hotel!
Tori
Old Jun 4th 2003, 10:50 am
I liek beer

DevMountain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by r.bartlett
we're up the a34 in newbury..

cheers

richard
We are just down from Newbury in Andover, would love to meet all of you. We are moving at the end of August so it would be great to get away from the house selling if not for a day.

Will be comming with the hubby and the powerpuff girls........
Don't say i didn't warn you

Clare
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:48 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: good

Originally posted by shaun/lor
yea great, we live in a place called geelong which is about an hour out of melbourne at the start of the great ocean road. its lovely, we have a six year old little boy who has settled great into school and i have just started work as the local parcel delivery man, for the equivelent of royal mail.
as far as work is concrned i have seen a lot of people posting on this site and it would seem very much luck of the draw, as long as you dont set your aims too high i dont think the work situation is that bad.
well hope it all goes ok for you, i do know the place were you work. and if we can help you at all send us a message,
shaun and lor
We visited Geelong on our way up to Melbourne - just for an overnight stop. Stayed in a motel on the Esplanade - we really liked all the painted "clothespegs"! (at least that's what they looked like!)

Thanks for your offer of help. May take you up on that.

Nicola

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.