Hamilton Island

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hamilton Island

So my husband is having one of those "0" birthdays in March and I'm trying to think of a holiday to book as a surprise.

He does a lot of international travel for work so I know he won't want a massively long flight anywhere, so I've come up with a few days in Sydney then a trip to Hamilton Island as a possibility.

Anyone been to Hamilton Island? Nice places to stay (us and a 6 year old (by then)?) Weather?

TIA.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:02 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hamilton Island

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Anyone been to Hamilton Island? Nice places to stay (us and a 6 year old (by then)?) Weather?
March? Height of the rainy season innit?? Not sure it should put you off but I've had some real washouts in NQ that time of year.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmmnnnnn....

Ok......

I've just found out that Virgin does direct flights from Perth to Phuket. We went about a gazillion times when we lived in Singapore, but I guess that shows we like it.

Hmmmmmnnnn.....
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:33 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmmnnnnn....

Ok......

I've just found out that Virgin does direct flights from Perth to Phuket. We went about a gazillion times when we lived in Singapore, but I guess that shows we like it.

Hmmmmmnnnn.....
I know where I'd go!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:40 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I found Hamilton expensive and dull. I went there after sailing in the Whitsundays which was great.
So my husband is having one of those "0" birthdays in March and I'm trying to think of a holiday to book as a surprise.

He does a lot of international travel for work so I know he won't want a massively long flight anywhere, so I've come up with a few days in Sydney then a trip to Hamilton Island as a possibility.

TIA.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney and Byron bay? I love the Kathatani shores in Phuket
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney and Fiji maybe?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

I like the idea of Fiji, but with the flight to Sydney then Fiji, it's a long flight again.

I thought about Seychelles/Mauritius etc too, but I'm guessing you have to go via South Africa (from Perth).
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of Fiji, but with the flight to Sydney then Fiji, it's a long flight again.

I thought about Seychelles/Mauritius etc too, but I'm guessing you have to go via South Africa (from Perth).
It is less than four hours to Fiji. Not too bad, we did it in March this year.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:55 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts were that Hamilton Island was over-priced with lots of construction work and little to do.

We couldn't find a heated pool (which we wanted in Spring) and while the beach was pretty for a stroll, we didn't swim due to the jellyfish warning signs on the beach.

What do I think of Hamilton Island?

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

We went for a wedding, it was grey and rainy so not the best time to judge it, the resort accommodation was quite shabby IMO.

Mind you I thought 1770 and agnes waters were boring dumps and people rave about them
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

OK, I think I'm "off" Hamilton Island now (especially having seen some of the reviews/prices on Trip Advisor).

So tell me more about Fiji.....which bits? I know nothing!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
March? Height of the rainy season innit?? Not sure it should put you off but I've had some real washouts in NQ that time of year.
Cyclone season
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bit too exciting for me, then!
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I think I'm "off" Hamilton Island now (especially having seen some of the reviews/prices on Trip Advisor).

So tell me more about Fiji.....which bits? I know nothing!

Not a huge amount to do but I like it for a bit of r&r. Been about 5 times. My favourite were the islands and not denarua which is ok as near the airport and a quick easy transfer. We stayed at musket cover but that was when we first arrived so a long time ago now. Have a look on trip advisor for what would suit you. For the islands you can do a small water plane transfer or by cat.

No experience of the coral coast area but I am sure others have. We went to a timeshare resort once over Suva way and that was shocking!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.