Halloween in WA

Old Oct 6th 2008, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about
Default Halloween in WA

So who's planning anything for halloween this year? Just wondering if it might be a bit of a bigger deal, as its on a Friday..... seems to be a bit more in the shops this year.

Had a few trick or treaters last year at our place, but not really that many. Thought with our suburb being full of Poms I might see a few more!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all
Default Re: Halloween in WA

Hi,

We're going to be in Perth for Halloween too! Fly out on 24th.

Do they make a big thing of it over there or is it just a few kids wanting sweets?

Perth here we come.

M.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 6:55 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

No big deal over here. Afew knock on my door and i give them sweets.

It's not the same, just different.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by margy
Hi,

We're going to be in Perth for Halloween too! Fly out on 24th.

Do they make a big thing of it over there or is it just a few kids wanting sweets?

Perth here we come.

M.

Its not really a big thing, but has been getting bigger over the last couple of years.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Anybody in Butler (WA) planning to take their kids trick or treating on Fri 31st? Just trying to gauge if I need to buy more sweets!

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vics
Anybody in Butler (WA) planning to take their kids trick or treating on Fri 31st? Just trying to gauge if I need to buy more sweets!

Yep ! my daughter will be going out with her friends there ! Think it gets quite busy. Last year a few people really went over the top and decorated there houses !

Just seems a bit weird with it being so warm and sunny !

Nicky
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Yep ! my daughter will be going out with her friends there ! Think it gets quite busy. Last year a few people really went over the top and decorated there houses !

Just seems a bit weird with it being so warm and sunny !

Nicky
hahaha - that might have been my house that your daughter saw last year!!! I even dressed up to answer the door! Will be doing the same this year too - even better decorations though.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha - that might have been my house that your daughter saw last year!!! I even dressed up to answer the door! Will be doing the same this year too - even better decorations though.

PM your address if you want , and i will make sure they go there !

She will be the Vampire witch, her friend a devil and a couple of smaller kids with them !

Nicky
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
PM your address if you want , and i will make sure they go there !

She will be the Vampire witch, her friend a devil and a couple of smaller kids with them !

Nicky

PM sent!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:50 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

PM sent!
Er... mine invited to a Halloween party (6yrs)

What do you do ? dress up? take summat ?

No idea..

Dave
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mindblower
Er... mine invited to a Halloween party (6yrs)

What do you do ? dress up? take summat ?

No idea..

Dave

I would imagine that some form of fancy dress would definitely be in order. Does the invite not say? Same with needing to take anything. At that age I would imagine it would just be dress up and then play a few games.

Its not like they need to worry about taking booze!
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:40 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

I always look scary when I answer the door (especially in the morning) I don't need to dress up
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:49 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

We get lots of kids out on Halloween, its great to see them all making an effort. My daughter has arranged to go out with friends that night, and we are going to a party on the Sat night where us grown ups can act like kids and dress up
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
We get lots of kids out on Halloween, its great to see them all making an effort. My daughter has arranged to go out with friends that night, and we are going to a party on the Sat night where us grown ups can act like kids and dress up

They have some really good adult fancy dress outfits in Things and even the 2 dollar shop !

Have fun ! Its great just being a kid occasionally !!

Nicky