Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Halloween in Oz?

Wikiposts

Halloween in Oz?

Old Oct 29th 2006, 10:37 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Halloween in Oz?

Does Oz do Halloween? I thought I would ask, as my little boy loves dressing up and getting lots of sweets.

Cheers

Last edited by julie hilton; Oct 29th 2006 at 10:41 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halloween in Oz?

My wife is doing a halloween party for my son & his friends tomorrow. Halloween was a big deal where we lived in the UK. She has struggled to find halloween stuff here as it's not really celebrated. Luckily we brought a load of stuff out with us. Pumpkins are expensive at the moment too, $23 for a really big pumpkin!

Have fun.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:31 pm
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
My wife is doing a halloween party for my son & his friends tomorrow. Halloween was a big deal where we lived in the UK. She has struggled to find halloween stuff here as it's not really celebrated. Luckily we brought a load of stuff out with us. Pumpkins are expensive at the moment too, $23 for a really big pumpkin!

Have fun.
I think I will wait until after tomorrow and then get as much halloween stuff at a knocked price. ( In time for next year in Oz)

Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

No mention of Halloween here... quite glad really, got sick of my house being egged, or having flour bombs thown at my windows in the UK, or being threatened for money by small ghouls...
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:30 am
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

This pagan festival should be BANNED!! I say banned with a B!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm sitting here, with my pointy hat on, and my book of spells at the ready, not that its an auspicious date, but 3 years ago today I flew my trusty broomstick out of Heathrow and ended up in Brisbane :scared:
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice

Originally Posted by julie hilton
Does Oz do Halloween? I thought I would ask, as my little boy loves dressing up and getting lots of sweets.

Cheers
Halloween does seem quite big here from what I've seen. Manly had a huge street party at the weekend with lots of kids (and parents) dressed up.

They were having a big discussion about it on the radio this morning. Some people were complaining that Australia is taking too much culture from America because of all the kids going out trick or treating.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be a fair amount of dressing up stuff for Halloween round here. Don't know if much happens other than private parties though - weren't here last year.

We are going up to Movie World who are having a Scooby Doo Scary Halloween evening but we're NOT dressing up for it Just thought it was a cheap way of seeing the place

Can't stand the trick or treating. We used to turn the front lights out and pretend we were out. Don't agree with kids (whether with adults or not) knocking on doors and asking for sweets - however harmless that might be. Bludy Americans!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:01 pm
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Not a lot happening here.. but heh what new

I have always enjoyed Haloween, but it doesnt really get done here, they just see it as an American thing

Im sitting here in my office with my ghost lamp on my desk and a witch hanging on my door and im getting asked " is that xmas deccies"

K
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:11 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sye
Not a lot happening here.. but heh what new

I have always enjoyed Haloween, but it doesnt really get done here, they just see it as an American thing

Im sitting here in my office with my ghost lamp on my desk and a witch hanging on my door and im getting asked " is that xmas deccies"

K
LOL
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well, I'm sitting here, with my pointy hat on, and my book of spells at the ready, not that its an auspicious date, but 3 years ago today I flew my trusty broomstick out of Heathrow and ended up in Brisbane :scared:
I was going to do a three year post for you Polly!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I was going to do a three year post for you Polly!
You still can I would appreciate it ( I hope!!)
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You still can I would appreciate it ( I hope!!)
Aren't you the one who's supposed to do that
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:15 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Have fun.
bloody hell thats expensive I just got a big en for $10
Old Oct 30th 2006, 5:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
bloody hell thats expensive I just got a big en for $10
I didn't buy it. I got a smaller one for $8. It was hard work carving it out! Looks good though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.