Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Halloween - How many trick-or-treaters?

View Poll Results: How many trick-or-treaters have you had this year?
0 - Absolutely none
52.38%
1-5
21.43%
6-10
5.95%
11-20
10.71%
21-30
4.76%
31-40
2.38%
41-50
0%
Over 50
2.38%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Halloween - How many trick-or-treaters?

Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:37 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Halloween - How many trick-or-treaters?

Just wondering how many trick-or-treators everyone has had this year. Last year we had none, and this year we've had 11 so far. I'm wondering if there's more because it falls on a Saturday or perhaps it's just catching on?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:41 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halloween - How many trick-or-treaters?

Originally Posted by comet555
I'm wondering if there's more because it falls on a Saturday or perhaps it's just catching on?
Is that because of the influx of Brits?
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:46 am
ABCDiamond

I better not vote, we went out, so none that we know of

Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:51 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I was also thinking that some people may have no visitors because they've had there lights off all night and they might not get any knocks. Or, were not at home as ABC said.

It's been interesting to note that there's a party going on up the street. I can't hear them aside from spotting groups of teenagers walk up and down the street. Many of the girls seemed to be really scantily dressed (ie. wearing things you'd see in lingerie shops!).
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:56 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

It's been interesting to note that there's a party going on up the street. I can't hear them aside from spotting groups of teenagers walk up and down the street. Many of the girls seemed to be really scantily dressed (ie. wearing things you'd see in lingerie shops!).
Sounds like normal teenagers then.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Amanda Jayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Sounds like normal teenagers then.
Definately. I used to be a Youth Worker and the one year we went to the Hull Fair in Yorkshire in November, the girls all wore vest tops with no coats. They must have been freezing. All in the name of fashion.....
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:17 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Halloween - How many trick-or-treaters?

One little lass came to our door tonight (couldn't have been much more than 10 years old) and because I hadn't been expecting it, I just gave her $2 and hoped it was OK. She seemed happy enough.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:48 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We had one kid at around 6 pm. My kids have eaten the 3 bags of crap I bought for the trick or treaters.

Our last year in Canada we bought for 100 kids and ran out 1/2 way through the night.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering how many trick-or-treators everyone has had this year. Last year we had none, and this year we've had 11 so far. I'm wondering if there's more because it falls on a Saturday or perhaps it's just catching on?
we had loads ,and our kids went out to harrass the neighbourhood as well,Ive just finished a big bowl of snakes myself i hid away.All the kids made an effort and none of them were rude,may have to spend an hour on the bog to pass the twenty snakes ive scoffed.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

.[/QUOTE]

LOL
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:32 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

One little bastard , managed to get out of my front gate with a bag of lollies i had set up on my sidelawn, all in all i took out one little vampire [staked him to my lawn] two werewolves i got with the silver bullets , and a couple of zombies who tripped over their own feet in haste to leave my property...overall a great nights cull of future trouble makers ...............mm
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:41 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

We live in a gated estate and they stated in the news letter that some people do not want to be pestered so anyone willing to participate should decorate the mail box. We bought sweets etc, but could not be bothered answering the door all night so did not decorate. We gave the sweets to the neighbours kids earlier on.

We sat in the back room with a few beers, tv on most of the lights off, and still had the older kids knocking the door and peering in. We heard them saying "I can see them in there" amoungst other things. Little b4st4rds. Once they are over about 10 its just begging. We had some last year that blatantly wanted cash and weren't interested in the few jellies we had left.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:49 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
We live in a gated estate and they stated in the news letter that some people do not want to be pestered so anyone willing to participate should decorate the mail box. We bought sweets etc, but could not be bothered answering the door all night so did not decorate. We gave the sweets to the neighbours kids earlier on.

We sat in the back room with a few beers, tv on most of the lights off, and still had the older kids knocking the door and peering in. We heard them saying "I can see them in there" amoungst other things. Little b4st4rds. Once they are over about 10 its just begging. We had some last year that blatantly wanted cash and weren't interested in the few jellies we had left.
Well mark you know what happens now..? The next knock on your door ,be very careful , if there is a flaming paper bag on your door step ...!!! Dont stamp on it.................mm
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

I put between 21-30. The neighbors had a Halloween party and our kids were invited. Then two groups of the kids went trick or treating to 4 houses in the neighborhood (I helped herd them around). Plus we had 5-6 kids come to the door who were not with the party in any way. It was about the same amount of kids we'd get in Canada (we used to live in an older neighborhood).
Old Oct 31st 2009, 1:57 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mr mover
Well mark you know what happens now..? The next knock on your door ,be very careful , if there is a flaming paper bag on your door step ...!!! Dont stamp on it.................mm
haha, next knock on the door I'm letting the dogs out.... Should of let them out on the first knock, word soon gets around....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.