Halloween??

Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:56 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Halloween??

I'm sure this has been asked before but do they celebrate Halloween here? And if so to what extent?

I was excited that the kids could finally dress up for Halloween without wearing a snow suit underneath. But I just realized that I haven't come across any costumes in stores, treats or even any mention of Halloween.

I'm starting to think they don't really celebrate it, at least not in the way we do.

What does everyone here do on Halloween?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halloween??

Originally Posted by comet555
I'm sure this has been asked before but do they celebrate Halloween here? And if so to what extent?

I was excited that the kids could finally dress up for Halloween without wearing a snow suit underneath. But I just realized that I haven't come across any costumes in stores, treats or even any mention of Halloween.

I'm starting to think they don't really celebrate it, at least not in the way we do.

This will be my third halloween here and in my area nobody does a thing. I miss that about living in Canada.
Attached Thumbnails Halloween??-recovered_jpeg_52.jpg  
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:01 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Cute picture!

I think I'll miss Halloween too. I really liked seeing the kids all dressed up and excited about all the trick or treating. Too bad
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is having a party for my son and his kindy class. We had one last year as well. All the other mothers seem to be into it. I carved a pumpkin lantern last year (hard work!) and will be doing one again this year. My wife went to a craft store and they were very helpful with ideas and halloween supplies.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Cute picture!

I think I'll miss Halloween too. I really liked seeing the kids all dressed up and excited about all the trick or treating. Too bad
It might be different where you are. Some more pics.... my finest hour dressed as a pumpkin!!
Attached Thumbnails Halloween??-im000528.jpg   Halloween??-im000534.jpg  
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

One of the theme parks is having Halloween Nights but unfortunately can't remember which one.

We went to one at the Magic Kingdom in Florida a couple of years ago and it was pretty cool.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:37 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
This will be my third halloween here and in my area nobody does a thing. I miss that about living in Canada.
i found that last year i made lolly bags for kids but not one came knocking its a shame i remember when i was a kid i use to come home with 2 carrier bags full of sweets.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Can't believe it's that time of year again already:

Teenage hoodies 'trick or treating' to get cash to buy crack

A month of fireworks going off all hours of the day and night

Two more items I'll add to the ever growing list of things I'm glad I left behind!
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:10 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tictac
Can't believe it's that time of year again already:

Teenage hoodies 'trick or treating' to get cash to buy crack

A month of fireworks going off all hours of the day and night

Two more items I'll add to the ever growing list of things I'm glad I left behind!
i too loathe Halloween
why do people think it's ok to come to my door and demand something from me?
it's it's not troublemaking trick or treaters, it's caterwauling carol singers or exacerbating evangelists

Go Away... grumble mutter grumble
Old Oct 4th 2007, 6:42 am
Canuck/Aussie

We certainly won't be going door to door unless our neighbourhood is participating. I guess I should just ask our neighbours what happens.

Not everyone in Canada did it either, I'd say that 95% of houses did do it though. You could easily spot those that didn't want to get involved. No outside lights on and no decoration. So, if you don't want kids around then keep your outside lights off and maybe even put up a sign or something.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi

One of the theme parks is having Halloween Nights but unfortunately can't remember which one.

We went to one at the Magic Kingdom in Florida a couple of years ago and it was pretty cool.
Movie World is having a special night - looks great fun for the Kids 5.45- 9pm $20 and they get a free goodie bag at the end of the night - over 3 nights - damm I have no Kids!
http://www.movieworld.com.au/Park-In...OVIE-WORLD.htm