Reload this Page >

Hallett Cove, Adelaide

Hallett Cove, Adelaide

Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

smithfield22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hallett Cove, Adelaide

Hallett Cove, Adelaide

Can anyone tell us what this area is like. Are the schools good, is it expensive, easy to commute to central Adelaide? Any info would be great - not been before and this area looks good on the map (if thats anything to go by!!!) Many thanks.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hallett Cove, Adelaide

Originally Posted by smithfield22
Hallett Cove, Adelaide

Can anyone tell us what this area is like. Are the schools good, is it expensive, easy to commute to central Adelaide? Any info would be great - not been before and this area looks good on the map (if thats anything to go by!!!) Many thanks.
We visited Hallett Cove on our reckie and really liked it. The schools are good, it is quite expensive but it is very hilly and some parts are VERY hilly.

We're now looking at WA but if we went to SA Hallett Cove would be top of the list if we could afford it. If not, Woodcroft as that was just slightly further inland, cheaper, flatter but just as nice (we loved the primary/junior school).

Heather
Old Feb 27th 2006, 10:06 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ohippy
We visited Hallett Cove on our reckie and really liked it. The schools are good, it is quite expensive but it is very hilly and some parts are VERY hilly.

We're now looking at WA but if we went to SA Hallett Cove would be top of the list if we could afford it. If not, Woodcroft as that was just slightly further inland, cheaper, flatter but just as nice (we loved the primary/junior school).

Heather
Thanks for that, will bear it in mind when we start looking,

G
Old Feb 27th 2006, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

We have friends who live in Hallett Cove after migrating from England in the 70's and spending most of the 70's and 80's in Melbourne and Bendigo they moved to HC in Adelaide. They love it there but we haven't as yet visited them there so can't comment personally.

OzTennis
Old Feb 27th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smithfield22
Hallett Cove, Adelaide

Hiya

Have look on this site
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...hp?showforum=1

It's a great site for all of us heading for Adelaide.

Graham
Old Feb 27th 2006, 2:02 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

We are going for a month in June so have a really good look around, Hallett Cove is somewhere on our list to go see!!

I have heard alot of different things about the area some love it some hate it!! So guess it is one of those go make your own mind up situations!!

Maybe put this question on the Adelaide brits site might get more helpful answers?? Sorry not much help!!
Old Feb 27th 2006, 4:59 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

l did'nt like it, but the place seems to be popular with Poms. The beach is'nt all that good and it lacks the character of a lot of other Adelaide suburbs, all the houses look the same and lacks the trees and parks greenery alot of other Adelaide suburbs have. lts a bit too far out from the city center and other interesting places.
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:33 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

For what it is worth

When I was in Adelaide a few weeks ago I was told by a serving police officer that a lot of their 'customers' live in Hallet cove.

Make of that what you want.

When I drove round there I saw it as just another 'soulless' suburb some way out of town.

I would not live there.

G
Old Feb 27th 2006, 6:54 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

We went there last october, there was grafitti on the walls and we didnt like it that much, certainly wouldnt live there.
Hope this helps, it just our own point of view.
Regards,
Rachel & Paul

Originally Posted by Grayling
For what it is worth

When I was in Adelaide a few weeks ago I was told by a serving police officer that a lot of their 'customers' live in Hallet cove.

Make of that what you want.

When I drove round there I saw it as just another 'soulless' suburb some way out of town.

I would not live there.

G
Old Feb 28th 2006, 1:52 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Hi

Hallet Cove is very propular with the Brits, some of the homes have really nice views, The prices are not too bad for near the coast, but again, the beach is crap, so you wouldnt use it! The prices are reasonable, but depends on where you live, its really hilly. It does have 2x train stations tho.

i would stay in Hallet cove only if I had a house with the good sea view, but nothing else would be worth the $$ there IMO

Karen
Old Feb 28th 2006, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

sunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant futuresunnyj has a brilliant future

Hi, we live in Hallett Cove and I would say that it has got more character than a lot of other flat suburbs. In my opinion, the houses aren't all the same.
Depending where you live you can get some lovely views of the sea.
There aren't many tall trees here, of which I liked because in other suburbs there are a lot and it darkens the place.
The beach isn't fantastic, but you are only 10 minutes from Christie's beach, Brighton beach and not far from the other beaches. There is a lovely walkway parallel to the beach on the nature reserve there.
There are 2 train stations that take you into the city and the drive there is only 25 minutes, if there was a decent motorway that took you there, instead of having to hit loads of traffic lights and going at 60km, it wouldn't take that long.
As for graffiti, yes there is graffiti, but no more than anywhere else.
There are 3 schools here, 2 primary and one that caters for kids Reception to year 12.
As for there being any trouble with the police, I don't know of any.
If you go to some of the Northern suburbs, and maybe Christie's Downs and Noarlunga that is where the trouble starts.
You only have to look at where the cheaper houses are to know that it is an undesirable place to live.
Everyone has different opinions, I guess if we didn't we would all be living in the same areas, saying that though, there are a lot of Brits here, Blackwood also seems to be an area where there are a lot of Brits, so each to their own.

The only down thing I can say is that it is very hilly, but the view of the sea going down to the Brighton Road is breathtaking, which more than compensates for me.