British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   half full/half empty? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/half-full-half-empty-204319/)

nosuchluck Jan 21st 2004 5:49 pm

half full/half empty?

hi guys,
hope that you don't think i am overstepping the mark but having read some of the posts on here in the last couple of weeks regarding one of a partner not being sure about whether they really want to live in the other side of the world i would say DONT GO!
I think that both partners have to be 110% sure that they both want to make the move, its going to be hard enough to start a new life down under without any added stress.
Just my opinion but thought i'd voice my views, sorry in advance if i upset anyone with it!
rach :confused:

helinuk Jan 21st 2004 6:05 pm

Re: half full/half empty?

[hi guys,
hope that you don't think i am overstepping the mark but having read some of the posts on here in the last couple of weeks regarding one of a partner not being sure about whether they really want to live in the other side of the world i would say DONT GO!
I think that both partners have to be 110% sure that they both want to make the move, its going to be hard enough to start a new life down under without any added stress.
Just my opinion but thought i'd voice my views, sorry in advance if i upset anyone with it!
rach :confused: [/QUOTE]

NO worries- You are free to air your opinion.;-))
I agree that moving overseas is or can be stressful. We moved to Far East with 2 kids aged 7 & 10 at the time. Having returned after 6 yrs I haven't settled back well.
I'm now in a situation that my other half enjoys Uk and I want to live in OZ....we have decided to come to a compromise that we buy a small place here so he can return often and I can live/work there. Whether that actually transpires is another thing. But he knows how serious I am about not living here after our son go to University., and daughter finishes GCSE's next yr.
So we think a compromise is better than a separation.:)

Timber Floor Au Jan 21st 2004 6:06 pm

Originally posted by helinuk
[hi guys,
rach :confused:
I agree that moving overseas is or can be stressful. We moved to Far East with 2 kids aged 7 & 10 at the time. Having returned after 6 yrs I haven't settled back well.
I'm now in a situation that my other half enjoys Uk and I want to live in OZ....we have decided to come to a compromise that we buy a small place here so he can return often and I can live/work there. Whether that actually transpires is another thing. But he knows how serious I am about not living here after our son go to University., and daughter finishes GCSE's next yr.
So we think a compromise is better than a separation.:) [/QUOTE]

Thats a sad situation and will take absolutely loads of self discipline, i hope it works out fo all, i really do :)

nosuchluck Jan 21st 2004 6:16 pm

So we think a compromise is better than a separation.:) [/QUOTE]

I agree that compromise is better than separation, i hope that everything works out for you and your family
regards
rach ;)