Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hale School Perth

Hale School Perth

Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hale School Perth

I like the look of this school. Is it difficult to get your son in there? My son is 2.5yo now & I would like him to start there from year 1. Do I need to start applying now?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:11 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hale School Perth

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I like the look of this school. Is it difficult to get your son in there? My son is 2.5yo now & I would like him to start there from year 1. Do I need to start applying now?
As one of the "elite" (expensive) schools you are going to find it easier to get in than one of the more modestly priced private schools where the waiting lists are huge. It's usually a case of "if you can afford it, you're in".

A lot depends on what year you want your son to join, most people here only bother with private at high school age so you might find entry at that age harder than at primary.

Either way you're best to talk to the school's registrar.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:15 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
As one of the "elite" (expensive) schools you are going to find it easier to get in than one of the more modestly priced private schools where the waiting lists are huge. It's usually a case of "if you can afford it, you're in".

A lot depends on what year you want your son to join, most people here only bother with private at high school age so you might find entry at that age harder than at primary.

Either way you're best to talk to the school's registrar.
Thanks Renth. I guess it is expensive by Aussie standards, but we could never afford to send him to a similar level of school in the UK. It does look like a very good school & they play rugby .
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Thanks Renth. I guess it is expensive by Aussie standards, but we could never afford to send him to a similar level of school in the UK. It does look like a very good school & they play rugby .
Hi

What suburb / area is this school in and what are the costs as I am interested also.

Thanks

Mick
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:01 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

There's 5 or 6 kids in my street that go there, it seems to have a good reputation from the parents ive spoken to.
The England Team held some of their training there whilst they were here for the World Cup.
Steve
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Hi

What suburb / area is this school in and what are the costs as I am interested also.

Thanks

Mick
It's in Wembley Downs & I've attached a pdf of the fees.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FeesandCharges.pdf (93.0 KB, 565 views)
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

It's in Wembley Downs & I've attached a pdf of the fees.

Thanks for that

A more tricky question, do you know if you have to pay international fees if you are on an STNI visa, although thi visa is a PR one I am just wondering as we wouldnt have paid any Oz tax prior to emigrating. Any idea?

Mick
Old Oct 17th 2005, 9:42 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Heh - that is (relatively) cheap - spent more than that on our son's nursery education a year!!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 11:47 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Hutch
Heh - that is (relatively) cheap - spent more than that on our son's nursery education a year!!
I know. I'm still converting Uk to Aus, which I shouldn't be doing, but I think that on our income we could easily afford it.