Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hairdressing in Perth

Hairdressing in Perth

Old Aug 17th 2009, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Deblit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hairdressing in Perth

Hi all, Im very new to this I am in the process of starting my visa applications, TRA done just need some info on hairdressers wages in the perth area, if anyone could give me a rough idea, it would be fab Any other hints or tips would also be great, Im going to be moving with my husband and two daughters who are 7 and 13
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:02 am
Just Joined

dom-darren-eden-lyla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hairdressing in Perth

hi i am a hairdresser and we have moved to sunshine coast 9 months ago now, i have always been self employed stylist in the uk and to my surprise this is not done here in queensland!! i also have 2 kids and the flexability of self emp was fab but it is 6 days a week etc here only have seen a few casual jobs her but they arent obliged to pay your superannuation(n.i) or holiday or sick pay etc but for a qualified stylist you are looking at about $23 per hour.....also i have found it all being abit behind here but we do live on the laid back snny coast!! hope this has helped?? if any other questions please feel free to ask! best of luck! D
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Thats great thanks, I am also self employed here in the uk Did you do the Australian hairdressing qualification or did you go with your NVQ? Thanks again, and hope you are all well
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Deblit View Post
Thats great thanks, I am also self employed here in the uk Did you do the Australian hairdressing qualification or did you go with your NVQ? Thanks again, and hope you are all well
just went withy nvq and put on my resume what equivalent is in aus, i know people that have had qualifications assesed and $2000 later...... you will get atrial anyway with job like hairdresser so if you can cut it in that ,thats all they wana know!! good luck! d
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Sorry to be a pain, but do you know where to find the evequivilant to a NVQ level 2 would be in Australian quals? Thanx d
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Deblit View Post
Sorry to be a pain, but do you know where to find the evequivilant to a NVQ level 2 would be in Australian quals? Thanx d
its the equivalent to their level 3, cant remember whet abreveated is but if you look at collage course it will say on there...... d