Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HAIRDRESSING JOBS?? WHERE TO GO??!

Old Jan 13th 2010, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

emmakircher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HAIRDRESSING JOBS?? WHERE TO GO??!

Hi All,
Does anyone know of the best area to find Hairdressing work easily?? My husband and I went out on a WHV last year and lived in Perth where I couldn't work as a hairstylist as they wouldn't accept my UK certificates. I was going to have to re-train whilst there costing money and alot of time but understand I would have been able to work in ANY other state on my UK qualification. Does anyone know any info about this??? We are looking at starting our migration application soon and as Hairdressing is on the MODL we should be in with a chance... Just wanted to hear any feedback anyone may have on this?? Have discussed it with the Visa Bureau but considering they had no idea about the problem I would have encountered in WA I am now a little apprehensive of their advice on this!!!

Thanks all
Emma
Old Jan 13th 2010, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Default HAIDRESSING JOBS..WHERE TO GO??!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,
Does anyone know of the best area to find Hairdressing work easily?? My husband and I went out on a WHV last year and lived in Perth where I couldn't work as a hairstylist as they wouldn't accept my UK certificates. I was going to have to re-train whilst there costing money and alot of time but understand I would have been able to work in ANY other state on my UK qualification. Does anyone know any info about this??? We are looking at starting our migration application soon and as Hairdressing is on the MODL we should be in with a chance... Just wanted to hear any feedback anyone may have on this?? Have discussed it with the Visa Bureau but considering they had no idea about the problem I would have encountered in WA I am now a little apprehensive of their advice on this!!!

Thanks all
Emma
Old Jan 13th 2010, 2:15 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all
Default Re: HAIDRESSING JOBS..WHERE TO GO??!!

It does not matter which state you're thinking off Emma for if you're going to use your hairdressing qualifications as a skill base for immigration, first step id to have an assessment.
http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...ages/home.aspx

You then need to decide whether you want to sit on a possibly long queue wait for an independent visa application [if you meet the points and all eligibility requirements].
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...sa-options.htm
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...processing.pdf

or consider seeking employer sponsorship.
http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...sa-options.htm
Old Jan 13th 2010, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand why you encountered problems, the www.immi.gov.au site indicates that in WA registration is required.

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupati...er-4931-11.htm

In addition to skills assessment, you would also require 12 out of the last 24 months full time work experience in your occupationfor skilled migrant application. In view of your WHV when you did not work in hairdressing, do you still have this?
Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys for your feedback, both have been very helpful
Old Jan 13th 2010, 6:45 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HAIRDRESSING JOBS?? WHERE TO GO??!

Originally Posted by emmakircher
Hi All,

Thanks all
Emma
try asking in here
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81