Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hairdressing Gold Coast (information needed)

Hairdressing Gold Coast (information needed)

Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:29 pm
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice
Question Hairdressing Gold Coast (information needed)

We are moving to the Coomera area, Gold Coast in Oct this year. I have a 16 year old ( 17 in feb 10) daughter who would like to become a hairdresser. Can anyone give us any information about the gold coast tafe and the age of the students who attend the course ?
Big thanks
</IMG>
Old Mar 1st 2009, 9:33 pm
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hairdressing Gold Coast (information needed)

Originally Posted by hopefullybrisbane
We are moving to the Coomera area, Gold Coast in Oct this year. I have a 16 year old ( 17 in feb 10) daughter who would like to become a hairdresser. Can anyone give us any information about the gold coast tafe and the age of the students who attend the course ?
Big thanks
</IMG>
well, i qualified as a hairdressing in australia, 17 years ago (no!!! i'm not really that old!) and as far as i am aware, most people would get a hairdressing apprenticeship at a salon,which is 4 years paid employment, and you go to tafe 1 day a week for much of that time,and the rest of the time is learning in the salon.
i went to salons i liked to apply or bug them to give me an apprenticeship.
tell her to go to the super trendy best salons too, if she wants to really learn the craft and become an "artiste!"
most people who get apprenticeships would be her age!!!
tell her to go for it!
even though it wasn't my lifes ambition, i have always been able to earn money and work for myself in between all my other pipe dreams of becoming a famous this or that

the best thing is, on the gold coast ,she could do some very exciting work once qualified, on the film sets at the studios, and if she wants to then become a make up artist , you really only get any work if you are also a hairdresser, so it is worthwhile to do!