Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hairdressing courses?

Hairdressing courses?

Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Hairdressing courses?

I think i'm probably going to do the hairdressing instead of Welfare work!

But, WHERE!!!!

Can anyone reccommend a hairdressing college in Queensland?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Paulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nice
Default Re: Hairdressing courses?

Start small and work your way up. Try the Birdsville sheep shearing station as a good starting off point
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Thanks for that helpful advice, i'll base the rest of my family's move on that, thanks again.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Try www.brishair.com.au. They have salon/college in Brisbane CBD and Gold Coast CBD. They include your 900 hours experience in the course and can work out a study plan for you, after the first ten weeks at 5 days at week, you can choose to do fast track or only do 3 or 4 days a week.
I have already arranged my programme, just waiting on money to start my application. Contact there is Mark Anderson, he's a really good guy and will work out a programme and payment plans for you in addition to the ones listed on the webpage. Send me a PM if you want me to send you the plans he sent me.
Cheers
Tracy
Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tasmas
Hi

Try www.brishair.com.au. They have salon/college in Brisbane CBD and Gold Coast CBD. They include your 900 hours experience in the course and can work out a study plan for you, after the first ten weeks at 5 days at week, you can choose to do fast track or only do 3 or 4 days a week.
I have already arranged my programme, just waiting on money to start my application. Contact there is Mark Anderson, he's a really good guy and will work out a programme and payment plans for you in addition to the ones listed on the webpage. Send me a PM if you want me to send you the plans he sent me.
Cheers
Tracy
Thanks for that, i was looking at that one a little while ago. If you fast track the course though will it still count towards PR? As the way i read it is it has to be 2 yrs full time or 90 something weeks ? Surely if you fast track you won't complete the required amount of weeks to apply for PR?

Would be really grateful to know how th epayment plans work! I'll PM you, thanks.

Becky

p.s when are you starting your course?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by stumpysean
Thanks for that, i was looking at that one a little while ago. If you fast track the course though will it still count towards PR? As the way i read it is it has to be 2 yrs full time or 90 something weeks ? Surely if you fast track you won't complete the required amount of weeks to apply for PR?

Would be really grateful to know how th epayment plans work! I'll PM you, thanks.

Becky

p.s when are you starting your course?
Just waiting on money coming through, hopefully October/November.
Have already started selling things on ebay.
PM'd you back
Tracy
Old Jul 4th 2008, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Paulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nicePaulie H is just really nice

Thanks for that helpful advice, i'll base the rest of my family's move on that, thanks again.
Oh and don't forget to get a sense of humour transplant before you go
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tasmas
Just waiting on money coming through, hopefully October/November.
Have already started selling things on ebay.
PM'd you back
Tracy

Our house is on the market and we were planning on going may 09, however i notice that they intake in May too, so if we're sold, we may go in March time and spend a month or so settling kids in and finding a rental before starting my course.

Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

november16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paulie H
Oh and don't forget to get a sense of humour transplant before you go
Such a bizzare unfunny unhelpful comment. Dont give up the day job...

Last edited by november16; Jul 9th 2008 at 10:49 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm glad you thought so too. People who are serious about moving to Oz lookt on here for help and advice NOT stupid comments and remarks that might as well be from a 2 yr old
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

november16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Hairdressing courses?

I'm glad you thought so too. People who are serious about moving to Oz lookt on here for help and advice NOT stupid comments and remarks that might as well be from a 2 yr old
You are so right. Its hard enough trying to get accurate information without people who need personality transplants, trying to be witty at someone else's expense. I have a highly developed sense of humour as have most of the patient people here awaiting visa voyage. Good luck to all who sail on her
Old Jul 10th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

You could always try the TAFE colleges

http://www.tafe.qld.gov.au/dds/searc...d=hairdressing
Old Jul 10th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah, I have thought of that avenue but they don't unfortunately include the 900hrs work experience needed for TRA. I was originally going to go to the TAFE on the Sunshine coast but beause of this I decided to go to the Private college where I can also fast track through the course in about 16 mths.