British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Hairdressing courses? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hairdressing-courses-546882/)

stumpysean Jul 4th 2008 3:58 pm

Hairdressing courses?

I think i'm probably going to do the hairdressing instead of Welfare work!

But, WHERE!!!!

Can anyone reccommend a hairdressing college in Queensland?:confused:

Paulie H Jul 4th 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Hairdressing courses?

Start small and work your way up. Try the Birdsville sheep shearing station as a good starting off point :rofl:

stumpysean Jul 4th 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks for that helpful advice, i'll base the rest of my family's move on that, thanks again.
:frown:

tasmas Jul 4th 2008 5:58 pm

Hi

Try www.brishair.com.au. They have salon/college in Brisbane CBD and Gold Coast CBD. They include your 900 hours experience in the course and can work out a study plan for you, after the first ten weeks at 5 days at week, you can choose to do fast track or only do 3 or 4 days a week.
I have already arranged my programme, just waiting on money to start my application. Contact there is Mark Anderson, he's a really good guy and will work out a programme and payment plans for you in addition to the ones listed on the webpage. Send me a PM if you want me to send you the plans he sent me.
Cheers
Tracy:thumbsup:

stumpysean Jul 4th 2008 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by tasmas (Post 6535100)
Hi

Try www.brishair.com.au. They have salon/college in Brisbane CBD and Gold Coast CBD. They include your 900 hours experience in the course and can work out a study plan for you, after the first ten weeks at 5 days at week, you can choose to do fast track or only do 3 or 4 days a week.
I have already arranged my programme, just waiting on money to start my application. Contact there is Mark Anderson, he's a really good guy and will work out a programme and payment plans for you in addition to the ones listed on the webpage. Send me a PM if you want me to send you the plans he sent me.
Cheers
Tracy:thumbsup:

Thanks for that, i was looking at that one a little while ago. If you fast track the course though will it still count towards PR? As the way i read it is it has to be 2 yrs full time or 90 something weeks ? Surely if you fast track you won't complete the required amount of weeks to apply for PR?

Would be really grateful to know how th epayment plans work! I'll PM you, thanks.

Becky:)

p.s when are you starting your course?

tasmas Jul 4th 2008 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by stumpysean (Post 6535130)
Thanks for that, i was looking at that one a little while ago. If you fast track the course though will it still count towards PR? As the way i read it is it has to be 2 yrs full time or 90 something weeks ? Surely if you fast track you won't complete the required amount of weeks to apply for PR?

Would be really grateful to know how th epayment plans work! I'll PM you, thanks.

Becky:)

p.s when are you starting your course?

Just waiting on money coming through, hopefully October/November.
Have already started selling things on ebay.
PM'd you back
Tracy:D

Paulie H Jul 4th 2008 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by stumpysean (Post 6534935)
Thanks for that helpful advice, i'll base the rest of my family's move on that, thanks again.
:frown:

Oh and don't forget to get a sense of humour transplant before you go :thumbsup:

stumpysean Jul 4th 2008 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by tasmas (Post 6535172)
Just waiting on money coming through, hopefully October/November.
Have already started selling things on ebay.
PM'd you back
Tracy:D

Our house is on the market and we were planning on going may 09, however i notice that they intake in May too, so if we're sold, we may go in March time and spend a month or so settling kids in and finding a rental before starting my course.

;)

november16 Jul 9th 2008 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Paulie H (Post 6535199)
Oh and don't forget to get a sense of humour transplant before you go :thumbsup:

Such a bizzare unfunny unhelpful comment. Dont give up the day job...

stumpysean Jul 9th 2008 10:12 pm

I'm glad you thought so too. People who are serious about moving to Oz lookt on here for help and advice NOT stupid comments and remarks that might as well be from a 2 yr old:frown:

november16 Jul 9th 2008 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by stumpysean (Post 6554130)
I'm glad you thought so too. People who are serious about moving to Oz lookt on here for help and advice NOT stupid comments and remarks that might as well be from a 2 yr old:frown:

You are so right. Its hard enough trying to get accurate information without people who need personality transplants, trying to be witty at someone else's expense. I have a highly developed sense of humour as have most of the patient people here awaiting visa voyage. Good luck to all who sail on her

bithbheo Jul 10th 2008 12:43 am

You could always try the TAFE colleges

http://www.tafe.qld.gov.au/dds/searc...d=hairdressing

stumpysean Jul 10th 2008 7:19 am

Yeah, I have thought of that avenue but they don't unfortunately include the 900hrs work experience needed for TRA. I was originally going to go to the TAFE on the Sunshine coast but beause of this I decided to go to the Private college where I can also fast track through the course in about 16 mths.:)