British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Hairdressing in aus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hairdressing-aus-311551/)

daisymoo Aug 12th 2005 10:04 am

Re: Hairdressing in aus

Originally Posted by alkristensen
Sorry, back on topic......

I have just been trawling ebay for an australian rough guide or lonely planet and found this!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=5605148631

Maybe of use to someone

alk

Thanks for that, it looks to be just what i need but i have tried to buy it but cant for whatever reason, my son has an ebay account on my pc but not sure of all his details, cant just ask him as he lives in spain and works funny hours. If you see anything similar would you let me know as it got me quite excited. Thanks Carol.

Brightspark Aug 12th 2005 1:21 pm

Here here. I am a barber now as i love having a laugh at work. Couldnt stand all the bitchy backstabbing in a hairdressers about each other and customers, so i decided on barbering as it was an easier business to run with less combacks, less stock to control, less women talking about thier boyfriends and menstrual cycles and rooting out my opinions on their marriage from a mans persective.

I want to have a laugh and talkabout footy(soccer in oz,hevs/megs) and have a good banter with my staff. We are all the best of friends and if there is a greivance it is said to face not behind people s backs.

I enjoy hairdressing now more than i have ever done, and i am well away from all the oneupmanship ( i am......considerably richer than yowww are) mentality.

As the last poster said, it is an art form that will be taken to the grave, allowing us to gain another start in a fantastic country. And if the wages are crap, then dont spend what you cant afford, simple. Enjoy Australia for what it is, a beautigful place. Work to live not the other way round.

alk

One thing puzzles me alk; If your so bloody rich, why are you selling the templates from someone Else's company for £29.99 on ebay, and on top of that denying its you!!! How low can you go.
I figure you are a little man with a big mouth, and probably very insecure.
I note you always seem to pick on women.
Theft of copyright, by the way, is a serious offence (I've had nothing but ggriefsince stating on BE that I'd like to buy your ebay pack!)
I don't think you fool anybody of what sort of a p&$%k you really are.
If I get any more hassle over this, You will find a war on your hands!

Brightspark Aug 12th 2005 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by daisymoo
Thanks for that, it looks to be just what i need but i have tried to buy it but cant for whatever reason, my son has an ebay account on my pc but not sure of all his details, cant just ask him as he lives in spain and works funny hours. If you see anything similar would you let me know as it got me quite excited. Thanks Carol.

Hi Carol,
It got me quite excited too. I'm trying to get an application together for TRA.
I just don't want you to be deceived by alk. He was the one who apparently stole the info from an Agent and tried to sell 97 copies through ebay.
The trouble is, if one was to get involved with stolen property (copyright protected) then one would be wide open for a legal backlash.
Take anything he says/tries to sell you with a pinch of salt.
Hopefully, they will not let his sort into Oz.
xx

alkristensen Aug 14th 2005 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Brightspark
Hi Carol,
I just don't want you to be deceived by alk. He was the one who apparently stole the info from an Agent and tried to sell 97 copies through ebay.
The trouble is, if one was to get involved with stolen property (copyright protected) then one would be wide open for a legal backlash.
xx

Sorry it was drunken laugh to see what responses the topic brought up :mad:

I have openly apologised on another thread to all the newcomers i have got hopes up for and all the people that i have upset, it was just a social experiment to see what debates it would throw up, both morally and legally.

I blantanly tried not to cover my tracks so that i would be found out

If i were to do it properly i would have opened a new ebay account and a new expats account, and a new hotmail account, i would have traded on both sites for a while and built up a good rep on both and then started trading when he time was right. But that s not what i wanted.

People who know me would testify that i like a practical joke but i do admit that this one got a bit out of hand.
it wont happen again, sorry

alk

daisymoo Aug 15th 2005 5:27 pm

Sorry it was drunken laugh to see what responses the topic brought up :mad:

I have openly apologised on another thread to all the newcomers i have got hopes up for and all the people that i have upset, it was just a social experiment to see what debates it would throw up, both morally and legally.

I blantanly tried not to cover my tracks so that i would be found out

If i were to do it properly i would have opened a new ebay account and a new expats account, and a new hotmail account, i would have traded on both sites for a while and built up a good rep on both and then started trading when he time was right. But that s not what i wanted.

People who know me would testify that i like a practical joke but i do admit that this one got a bit out of hand.
it wont happen again, sorry

alk

What a load of crap, you've been sussed out and now you're trying to cover your tracks. Somebody said on this forum that you had been accused of stealing documents from a migration agents office and i would say that you're probably guilty, If that is your ebay account i wouldn't be too cocky as quite a few people have said to beware because you're slimy and not to be trusted.

daisymoo Aug 15th 2005 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Brightspark
Hi Carol,
xx

Hi brightspark, i didn't realise it was anything underhanded, i'm obviously quite naieve(if thats how you spell it). Never mind, back to the TRA drawing board, it would have been nice to be a bit wiser about what they actually want because i haven't really got a clue, people keep saying loads and loads of references and stuff, i'll just have to get my head down and do it.

Thanks for the warning,
Carol

Brightspark Aug 16th 2005 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by daisymoo
Hi brightspark, i didn't realise it was anything underhanded, i'm obviously quite naieve(if thats how you spell it). Never mind, back to the TRA drawing board, it would have been nice to be a bit wiser about what they actually want because i haven't really got a clue, people keep saying loads and loads of references and stuff, i'll just have to get my head down and do it.

Thanks for the warning,
Carol

Hi Carol, Just wanted to warn you good people out there, I,ve been scammed on ebay, and I couldn't believe it when the same seemed to be happening here.
I've decided to trawl through the web to find an Agent. If Alk's templates are as good as he says they are, maybe the author/s can get in touch and give me a quote for your services.

jocky boy Aug 17th 2005 12:16 am

barbers

hi there :D i am a barber has anyone any idea of a mans, boys kids haircut there in aussy.
here i charge £5.00 for a mans basic cut..

shade8 Aug 17th 2005 11:52 am

Originally Posted by jan
Wages are different depending on many factors but the median salary is poor for hairdressing.
I am sure my post wont stop people wishing to emigrate if so perhaps they should not go if they go by the opinion of someone who has made the move
and my friend its NOT my situation that IS the going rate for a hairdresser working for someone else.As for your comments as to others have the talent,business acumen,and different ways of making money.WHO THE FXXX ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME! I am far from bitter i live in a $800.000 home in hillarys no mortgage i own four properties back in the U.k. and a home in Northern France. I am very happy with my lot thank you i dont need an arogant little upstart like you telling me what i should and should not post if people dont like what they read fine thats thier perogative . :)

Not sure about that.But i know the salon Sam rifici sponcers people over here in perth.A somebody we know has just arrivied from the UK today for an interview with them.Sponcership.