British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Hairdressing in aus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hairdressing-aus-311551/)

alkristensen Aug 7th 2005 12:13 am

Re: Hairdressing in aus

Originally Posted by jan
Wages are different depending on many factors but the median salary is poor for hairdressing.
I am sure my post wont stop people wishing to emigrate if so perhaps they should not go if they go by the opinion of someone who has made the move
and my friend its NOT my situation that IS the going rate for a hairdresser working for someone else.As for your comments as to others have the talent,business acumen,and different ways of making money.WHO THE FXXX ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME! I am far from bitter i live in a $800.000 home in hillarys no mortgage i own four properties back in the U.k. and a home in Northern France. I am very happy with my lot thank you i dont need an arogant little upstart like you telling me what i should and should not post if people dont like what they read fine thats thier perogative . :)

And you are obviously a hairdresser. Meeoooowwww!

Curls Aug 7th 2005 12:23 am

Originally Posted by jan
Wages are different depending on many factors but the median salary is poor for hairdressing.
I am sure my post wont stop people wishing to emigrate if so perhaps they should not go if they go by the opinion of someone who has made the move
and my friend its NOT my situation that IS the going rate for a hairdresser working for someone else.As for your comments as to others have the talent,business acumen,and different ways of making money.WHO THE FXXX ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME! I am far from bitter i live in a $800.000 home in hillarys no mortgage i own four properties back in the U.k. and a home in Northern France. I am very happy with my lot thank you i dont need an arogant little upstart like you telling me what i should and should not post if people dont like what they read fine thats thier perogative . :)

oh dont get to upset jan.You are quite right though each has their own view,good or bad maybe AK. still has his rosy specs on and does'nt want any negative info from someone like you who has made the move already and wishes to help people.but if you look at his profile he is only a barber and they are two bob up here and down under so dont let him bother you love we need people like you to tell us what its all about so keep on posting. ;)

alkristensen Aug 7th 2005 12:24 am

Originally Posted by alkristensen
And you are obviously a hairdresser. Meeoooowwww!

I dont care what you have. You are in Australia now, and obviously have so much time on your hands to be on this site that you must own a chain of salons. And as you have said how much you are worth, why not spread the wealth instead of paying such sh*te wges out and reeping the rewards so you can live in luxury you scrooge.

All my staff are self emloyed, and rent a chair. They are given the right to let their business flourish and create wages for themselves, not given crap pay while i get fatter and buy up half of europe.

I earn less than my staff as i like a better quality of life (2 days a week). I dont need luxry cars and houses as im not that bothered as im healthy and happy and we are dead a long time.

The only people that will benefit from you working your ass off will be your kids when you croak it.

alk

alkristensen Aug 7th 2005 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Curls
oh dont get to upset jan.You are quite right though each has their own view,good or bad maybe AK. still has his rosy specs on and does'nt want any negative info from someone like you who has made the move already and wishes to help people.but if you look at his profile he is only a barber and they are two bob up here and down under so dont let him bother you love we need people like you to tell us what its all about so keep on posting. ;)

I am a fully qualified unisex hairdresser and have been for 20 years.

I have my visa.

I have worked at top hairdressers in London and Manchester(Sassoons and Nicky Oliver), I own my own Barbers Shops, and this is my 3rd.

I dont need to work when i get there, as i have enough income from the uk.

Dont need rose tints as im under no illusions..... i will be happy with my UK income and the exchange rate, and mortgage free living.

All at 34. Not bad for a barber.

:zzz:

Curls Aug 7th 2005 12:39 am

[QUOTE=alkristensen]I dont care what you have. You are in Australia now, and obviously have so much time on your hands to be on this site that you must own a chain of salons. And as you have said how much you are worth, why not spread the wealth instead of paying such sh*te wges out and reeping the rewards so you can live in luxury you scrooge.

All my staff are self emloyed, and rent a chair. They are given the right to let their business flourish and create wages for themselves, not given crap pay while i get fatter buy & up half of europe.

I earn less than my staff as i like a better quality of life (2 days a week). I dont need luxry cars and houses as im not that bothered as im healthy and happy and you are dead a long time.

The only people that will benefit from you working your ass off will be your kids when you croak it.
alk
What a nasty vicious post i think you have upset Jan enough you are being very personal about someone you know nothing about horrible and small minded maybe you should retract you childish comments.and keep any vindictive thoughts to yourself.

alkristensen Aug 7th 2005 12:44 am

[QUOTE=Curls]

I dont care what you have. You are in Australia now, and obviously have so much time on your hands to be on this site that you must own a chain of salons. And as you have said how much you are worth, why not spread the wealth instead of paying such sh*te wges out and reeping the rewards so you can live in luxury you scrooge.

All my staff are self emloyed, and rent a chair. They are given the right to let their business flourish and create wages for themselves, not given crap pay while i get fatter buy & up half of europe.

I earn less than my staff as i like a better quality of life (2 days a week). I dont need luxry cars and houses as im not that bothered as im healthy and happy and you are dead a long time.

alk
What a nasty vicious post i think you have upset Jan enough you are being very personal about someone you know nothing about horrible and small minded maybe you should retract you childish comments.and keep any vindictive thoughts to yourself.

do you want me to post on this forum the absolutely disgusting private message that Jan sent me which inscenced me so much as to reply in such a venomous manner?

Curls Aug 7th 2005 12:46 am

I am a fully qualified unisex hairdresser and have been for 20 years.

I have my visa.

I have worked at top hairdressers in London and Manchester(Sassoons and Nicky Oliver), I own my own Barbers Shops, and this is my 3rd.

I dont need to work when i get there, as i have enough income from the uk.

Dont need rose tints as im under no illusions..... i will be happy with my UK income and the exchange rate, and mortgage free living.

All at 34. Not bad for a barber.

:zzz:

Well bully for you .A bit of hypocrisy here i think :rolleyes: .The way you are conducting yourself Tut! Tut! you will give us hairdressers a bad name they will think we are all as stupid as you! :D

alkristensen Aug 7th 2005 12:47 am

ok i will. Mods please note this is not me writing this.

Originally Posted by jan
I just read your profile fxxxxg upstart Barber i have forggotten more than you know pal i had two salons in U.K. employed over thirty people in London i have worked in the USA fashion shoots, portfolios,promo work for revlon.you fuxxin BARBER! DONT TAKE THE PISS! AND DONT MAIL ME . or POST Tosser. HA! HA! HA!

Curls Aug 7th 2005 12:51 am

[QUOTE=alkristensen]

ok i will. Mods please note this is not me writing this.

Originally Posted by jan
I just read your profile fxxxxg upstart Barber i have forggotten more than you know pal i had two salons in U.K. employed over thirty people in London i have worked in the USA fashion shoots, portfolios,promo work for revlon.you fuxxin BARBER! DONT TAKE THE PISS! AND DONT MAIL ME . or POST Tosser. HA! HA! HA!

This chap clearly has problems :o Will the last person to leave please turn the lights off! Goodnight :zzz:

Curls Aug 7th 2005 12:52 am

[QUOTE=alkristensen]

ok i will. Mods please note this is not me writing this.me thinks Jan is a man.

Originally Posted by jan

alkristensen Aug 7th 2005 12:54 am

touche, the irony of it all about hypocricy

rossifumi Aug 7th 2005 6:58 am

Originally Posted by jan

That's enough about you lets talk about ME. Trumpet, Horn, Blow! :zzz: :zzz:
Good luck Beverly1, I hope you succeed in your your emmigration.
Don't be put off by some of the posts you see on here some people just enjoy popping in and stirring up a hornets nest and then dissapearing again, obviously nothing better to do and nothing valuable to contribute which is what this site is all about. You'll notice one person has done just this which is disgusting action, this kind of posting is for the 'Take it Outside' forum FFS!

Steve2438 Aug 7th 2005 7:27 am

What a fantastic thread...better than east-enders or corrie, my wife's a hairdresser or should I say, (venomous, vindictive, self opinionated, back stabbing, vain, catty, bitchy ) person who cuts hair…
I never knew she had so much fun going to work…I did wonder what that target was on her back for…now it’s clear
:scared: :p

charlie brown Aug 7th 2005 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Steve2438
What a fantastic thread...better than east-enders or corrie, my wife's a hairdresser or should I say, (venomous, vindictive, self opinionated, back stabbing, vain, catty, bitchy ) person who cuts hair…
I never knew she had so much fun going to work…I did wonder what that target was on her back for…now it’s clear
:scared: :p

i am also a hairdresser but got fedup with all the fun as you put it. i miss doing the job but not other side of it. it's not all of them but a good amount wish me luck as just about to enter back in to the lions den :scared:

Steve2438 Aug 7th 2005 7:58 am

Originally Posted by charlie brown
i am also a hairdresser but got fedup with all the fun as you put it. i miss doing the job but not other side of it. it's not all of them but a good amount wish me luck as just about to enter back in to the lions den :scared:

Hi..... yeah sorry should have made it clear...not all are the same...but good luck and take a sword with you.... ;)