Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hairdressers in perth

hairdressers in perth

Old Aug 5th 2004, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Default hairdressers in perth

forgive me for my vanity, but does anyone know any good, trendy, hairdressers in perth?

my hair's shortish, but i still like to think of it as feminine....lots of colours and all that - every hairdresser here seems to be able to cut it the way i want, but everytime i have it cut in perth it is SHORT and i end up looking like a little boy....i even took a photo of what it was supposed to look like once, but i still ended up looking like a 12 year old with a mum that thought she could do the job...

any recommendations??

thanks, tanja
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:24 am
owieb

Default Re: hairdressers in perth

Originally posted by sunny side up
forgive me for my vanity, but does anyone know any good, trendy, hairdressers in perth?

my hair's shortish, but i still like to think of it as feminine....lots of colours and all that - every hairdresser here seems to be able to cut it the way i want, but everytime i have it cut in perth it is SHORT and i end up looking like a little boy....i even took a photo of what it was supposed to look like once, but i still ended up looking like a 12 year old with a mum that thought she could do the job...

any recommendations??

thanks, tanja
I get mine cut and coloured at Maurice Meades in Whitford City.

They have been really good so far. I've tried quite a few other places in Perth, but I think it more comes down to the individual hairdresser, rather than the salon.

I'd gone to Toni & Guy (in the city, not subi) several times, but the standard there was appalling. I'd have a shoe-shine done and it would be totally uneven with color down one side of my head and not down the other!

I've got short hair and vary the colour quite a bit from bleaching to reds, oranges, purple rinses!

Hope you find someone you like.

Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:26 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

any recommendations??

thanks, tanja
Hi Tanja

This might tickle you or scare you :scared:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=hairdressers

There are loads of other threads, do a search on hairdressers.

Walla
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:52 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by owieb

They have been really good so far. I've tried quite a few other places in Perth, but I think it more comes down to the individual hairdresser, rather than the salon.

I'd gone to Toni & Guy (in the city, not subi) several times, but the standard there was appalling. I'd have a shoe-shine done and it would be totally uneven with color down one side of my head and not down the other!

I've got short hair and vary the colour quite a bit from bleaching to reds, oranges, purple rinses!

Are you OWIEB or OWIEB's wife?

If it's you owieb, I always had you as a bit of a macho, kitesurfing type but now you sound like a big jessie.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:53 am
owieb

Originally posted by renth
Are you OWIEB or OWIEB's wife?

If it's you owieb, I always had you as a bit of a macho, kitesurfing type but now you sound like a big jessie.
I can be whatever you want me to be Renth!

Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:58 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I'd have a shoe-shine done and it would be totally uneven with color down one side of my head and not down the other!

Call me stupid, but what is a shoeshine exactly?
Old Aug 5th 2004, 5:59 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
Call me stupid, but what is a shoeshine exactly?
It's a girls haircut, for girls, or big jessies
Old Aug 5th 2004, 6:02 am
owieb

Originally posted by renth
It's a girls haircut, for girls, or big jessies

Old Aug 5th 2004, 6:04 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm, just found this definition:

Shoeshine Highlights $45 up and Focus Foils $5/Foil Shoeshine is a method of
lightening just the tips of shorter hair on men, women and children. Any color can
be used, but the most popular choice is to lighten the top of the hair giving the hair
a sunkissed appearance a few shades lighter, or going all the way to blonde.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 6:08 am
owieb

Originally posted by jayr
Hmmm, just found this definition:

Shoeshine Highlights $45 up and Focus Foils $5/Foil Shoeshine is a method of
lightening just the tips of shorter hair on men, women and children. Any color can
be used, but the most popular choice is to lighten the top of the hair giving the hair
a sunkissed appearance a few shades lighter, or going all the way to blonde.
Phew! No mention of big jessies! I'm saved!

Old Aug 5th 2004, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

graham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura about

Hi sunny side up

I'll be arriving in perth next friday.
Ive had my own freelance hairdressing and beauty business for 14 years.
If you are still looking for a hairdresser post a reply or PM.

Alison
Grahams better half.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

How lucky is that, your own personal hairdresser flying over right on cue
Old Aug 5th 2004, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

recommend there too, ask for Daniel, he's good
Old Aug 5th 2004, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

hi alison,

wont be in perth for a while yet (still waiting for my pros.spouse visa - but being very positive...) but yeah! why not! i'll make sure to give u a pm when i get there!

thanks,

tanja
Old Aug 5th 2004, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

any recommendations??

thanks, tanja
hi tanja,
was told by an australian hairdresser who works in Trevor Sorbie, London,that Lee Preston is probably the best place to go in Perth. She said that there work is often featured in Australian hair magazines, and have won some awards.She said going by what shes seen there work looks good, but the general consensus was that if you want cutting edge your best off having it cut in Melbourne.
the address is;
lee preston
155 Angelo st
south Perth
tel:08 9367 3668
heres another thread I also found on another forum about hairdressers in perth, hope it helps!

http://www.vogue.com.au/forum/viewto...rum=28&start=0

Mrs Iggy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.