Hairdressers

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

Korma is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hairdressers

Can anybody tell me what sort of wages hairdresser get in Melbourne?

All the talk about how hard it is in Australia makes me think some people haven`t looked beyond the holiday brochure, it is hard in the UK too, don`t run away with any ideas that it`s not, do your homework before you return here don`t make the same mistake twice.

Fortunately we will be able to buy a property out right in Oz and are getting as much info` as possible before we go out there good and bad, we will have a visit before we make any concrete decisions. Thanks to everyone who gives their honest opinion but we are all looking for different things and there are many happy Brits in Australia their not all down and depressed.
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hairdressers

Originally posted by Korma:

All the talk about how hard it is in Australia makes me think some people haven`t looked beyond the holiday brochure, it is hard in the UK too, don`t run away with any ideas that it`s not, do your homework before you return here don`t make the same mistake twice.

Fortunately we will be able to buy a property out right in Oz and are getting as much info` as possible before we go out there good and bad, we will have a visit before we make any concrete decisions. Thanks to everyone who gives their honest opinion but we are all looking for different things and there are many happy Brits in Australia their not all down and depressed.

Hi Marlo!

Im also hairdresser, and hope to be in MEL, real soon!! going out on Ind.Skill. with a job offer! As far as im aware, Hairdressing as a Profession is treated with a far higher regard than it is here in the u.k. and therefore Hairdressers are paid more and can expect a higher standard of living than they would have here. so whether you are a salon owner or will work for someone else, you can expect to be treated better all round.

Good luck and i hope things work out well for you! im sure they will, as most of us hairdressers are friendly, bubbley people and get on well with anyone! [all part of the job!] there's no reason why you cant be a success! if you cant do i in 'oz' then you cant do it anywhere!!!

cheers! Kaff xx

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Korma!

Im also hairdresser, and hope to be in MEL, real soon!! going out on Ind.Skill. with a job offer! As far as im aware, Hairdressing as a Profession is treated with a far higher regard than it is here in the u.k. and therefore Hairdressers are paid more and can expect a higher standard of living than they would have here. so whether you are a salon owner or will work for someone else, you can expect to be treated better all round.

Good luck and i hope things work out well for you! im sure they will, as most of us hairdressers are friendly, bubbley people and get on well with anyone! [all part of the job!] there's no reason why you cant be a success! if you cant do i in 'oz' then you cant do it anywhere!!!

cheers! Kaff xx

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by poggle:

Hi Korma!

cheers! Kaff xx

Hi Korma/marlo!

sorry for the double up! know you are one and the same, Adressed to wrong poster first time. oooooooops!!! sorry!!! im only a dizzy blonde hairdresser after all!!!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Baldbutts you must have an opinion on this one
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 9:57 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Originally posted by jasmin:
Hey Baldbutts you must have an opinion on this one
My hair dresser is such a con man that he charged Yul Brynner 15 Bucks for a short back & sides
He also charged me 10 bucks to wax my bald but cute butt
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Hairdressers

i thought i better ask if you hairdressers cut personal hair, because if you do, balldey and me would like a trim, i will fix your uwte and butt can fix your short circuits.thats got to be worth $30 dollers. & if you cut hair in the buff who knows what you can charge. aussis your oyster or is that rick steins bit on the side,that he plays with.
still waiting tipp.
Old Aug 23rd 2002, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Tatiana is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not in Melbourne, but can give you an example: I pay $50 for haircat and blow dry. It takes about an hour (I have long waivy hair). Of course this is "raw" money - rent, supplies etc. will be paid out of it. And this is sort of average price - you can find cheaper and you can find more expensive (and it is not necessary reflects the quality, you know). I think prices in M. are similar.