Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hairdresser wants to move to Perth...

Hairdresser wants to move to Perth...

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:22 am
Blonde with a Brain !!

Rachee will become famous soon enoughRachee will become famous soon enough
Cool Hairdresser wants to move to Perth...

I am self employed at the moment and have a fantastic life.... one thing missing, the weather. So, we ( my husband and I) are going to emigrate. We have oodles of points with the skilled visa me being the first name. We want advice on everything.... all we should know, beginning to end !!

One major prob at the moment, is that we would like to start a family asap, does this affect the visa application as i wouldn't be able to work much out there to start with IF we were to be with child. Any help or opinions would be smashing !!!

Cheers xXx

Last edited by Rachee; Oct 3rd 2005 at 11:22 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hairdresser wants to move to Perth...

How much for a short back and slap ?

Originally Posted by Rachee
I am self employed at the moment and have a fantastic life.... one thing missing, the weather. So, we ( my husband and I) are going to emmigrate. We have oodles of points with the skilled visa me being the first name. We want advise on everything.... all we should know, beginning to end !!

One major prob at the moment, is that we would like to start a family asap, does this affect the visa application as i wouldn't be able to work much out there to start with IF we were to be with child. Any help or opions would be smashing !!!

Cheers xXx
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:22 am
Blonde with a Brain !!

Originally Posted by Three Legs
How much for a short back and slap ?
hopefully other people will have better replies for us....

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:31 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

I shouldn't worry about having a job over here as long as you have the funds to support yourselves as it is not a requirement of a skilled visa. My hubby Gareth was the main applicant in our migration and he did not find work until 5 months after we arrived. As long as you can support yourselves you will be fine.

One thing you may want to think about is getting a mortgage sorted before you leave your jobs in the UK. We did not learn this until we arrived in Perth by which time it was too late (we still managed to get a mortgage after only being here for a month but that was based on me being offered a job and it was limited to 3.5 times my annual salary). If you intend not to work to begin with then it will take the hassle of getting a mortgage once you get here as you will require to demonstrate your income. Assuming you will have capital from selling your place in the UK my guess is you should be in a position to afford mortgage payments for a while from that. Just a thought, I mean why not cover all your bases even if you dont need to use it. We use a company called AustAsia Group over here, it's a family company and they offer independent advise. We are looked after by a guy called Simon Chesson you you can contact at [email protected] if you want a few more details.

Hope the above info is helpful

Good luck

Sharon
www.immigrateperth.com
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

I am self employed at the moment and have a fantastic life.... one thing missing, the weather. So, we ( my husband and I) are going to emigrate. We have oodles of points with the skilled visa me being the first name. We want advice on everything.... all we should know, beginning to end !!

One major prob at the moment, is that we would like to start a family asap, does this affect the visa application as i wouldn't be able to work much out there to start with IF we were to be with child. Any help or opinions would be smashing !!!

Cheers ###
Hi Rachee,

Sounds like the decision has definately been made. The best thing to do would be to search this site for any answers to questions you might have. There is a huge amount to think about but if you search the site as and when you think of a question, you'll find all you need to know. If not then start a thread on a specific item.

I guess the 1st thing to decide is if you intend to use an agency or "go it alone"?

Welcome to the forum.

Flash.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 4:02 pm
Blonde with a Brain !!

Thanks....

Is it best to get a job and get sponsered, or to apply for a visa and then apply for work ?

We are very lucky and would not need a morgage, so could support ourselves as ness.

Anyone recommend an agent? or is it easy and ok to go it alone ?
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

bumping to the top as i'm interested in further comments,in similiar boat to you,
Lynn
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

I am self employed at the moment and have a fantastic life

those are your words.....imo a fantastic life is more important than weather.....if you want a perfect climate then go to San Diego but you may be putting that fantastic life down the toilet
Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:04 am
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

yeah..having read the thread about Perth weather..maybe Brisbane would be better for ya ;-)
Old Oct 4th 2005, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Carkedit
yeah..having read the thread about Perth weather..maybe Brisbane would be better for ya ;-)

What's the matter with the perth weather,has it been bad?
Lynn