Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hairdresser very confused - please help

hairdresser very confused - please help

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold
Question hairdresser very confused - please help

As a hairdresser with a family migrating to Victoria, the state will sponsor me as will my family in Melbourne, however I am not sure which route to take. I currently dont work (rearing family) except for doing a few clients in the evening (10 hours per week average) I recently got a part time job which costs more money in childcare than I earn so not able to do it for long. How long do I need to work for until I meet the required work experience for my visa? Also husband reckons that state sponsorship is best as we will not have to pay the five thousand dollar assurance of support (money very tight - can afford an agent!) so Im not sure what the best way to continue is
Any ideas will surely halp - in a bit of a quandry!!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hairdresser very confused - please help

Originally Posted by Louiselondon
As a hairdresser with a family migrating to Victoria, the state will sponsor me as will my family in Melbourne, however I am not sure which route to take. I currently dont work (rearing family) except for doing a few clients in the evening (10 hours per week average) I recently got a part time job which costs more money in childcare than I earn so not able to do it for long. How long do I need to work for until I meet the required work experience for my visa? Also husband reckons that state sponsorship is best as we will not have to pay the five thousand dollar assurance of support (money very tight - can afford an agent!) so Im not sure what the best way to continue is
Any ideas will surely halp - in a bit of a quandry!!
hi there louise im also a hairdresser,i think your husband might be right, i know if you go skilled independant you need to have been working for 3 out of the last 4 yrs for 20 hrs a week,i think state sponsered its not so longb ut im no expert,it might be a good idea to ask on the migration forum they will know more about it

hope this helps tracey