Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hairdresser from the uk searching for an eligable sponsor in Australia

Hairdresser from the uk searching for an eligable sponsor in Australia

Old Aug 15th 2012, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

anna1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hairdresser from the uk searching for an eligable sponsor in Australia

Hello there, my name is Anna Greenaway i am 25 years old and im currently a hairdresser in the uk, i have 7 fully qualified years in the industry, im in the process of waiting for my residency to be granted for Australia, as it takes such a long time to be processed i am currently looking for an eligable sponsor anywhere in Australia and im flying to australia on the 3rd of October hoping to find myself a sponsor, Is there anybody who can halp me or no any websites with employers wanting to sponsor my occupation ????
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hairdresser from the uk searching for an eligable sponsor in Australia

Not really sure what you mean by "waiting for residency" to be granted. Australia onky grants visas not "residency". If you mean the skilled migrant visa well it really has not been taking that long especially with state sponsorship which you must have.

Sorry cannot help with contacts but good luck, if you are coming on a whv in october then that might help as you can be trialed. Otherwise take care at immigration, tourist visa is for tourists not job hunters.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hairdresser from the uk searching for an eligable sponsor in Australia

Originally Posted by anna1987
Hello there, my name is Anna Greenaway i am 25 years old and im currently a hairdresser in the uk, i have 7 fully qualified years in the industry, im in the process of waiting for my residency to be granted for Australia, as it takes such a long time to be processed i am currently looking for an eligable sponsor anywhere in Australia and im flying to australia on the 3rd of October hoping to find myself a sponsor, Is there anybody who can halp me or no any websites with employers wanting to sponsor my occupation ????
No such thing as a website I'm afraid, the only way to find a sponsor is by contacting individual employers, and yours is a trade where there are always a lot of people looking for the same as you. I assume you are waiting for a PR visa to be granted -how long has it been?
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

anna1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there i have applied for a visa which will give me permanent residency with my hairdressing which is a 176, my TRA and expression of interest has been sent off so its just a waiting game from now, thankyou anyways :-)
Old Aug 15th 2012, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Hello there i have applied for a visa which will give me permanent residency with my hairdressing which is a 176, my TRA and expression of interest has been sent off so its just a waiting game from now, thankyou anyways :-)

I would personally wait before you get your visa before you up sticks and move over here, I know the waiting is horrible ( we waited nearly 18 months back in the day) but I wouldn't rush over and burn your bridges before that magic visa is granted.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

All visas give residency of some type, but you are not applying for "residency" you are applying for a visa. I made the comment as knowing what visa you are applying for can be relevant.

I have guessed right then, you are thinking of a skilled migrant visa. Although your comments are highly confusing.

You say you have applied for a 176 but then you say you have applied for an EOI and TRA?

So if you applied for a 176 visa you must have applied before 1st July because it is now closed for new applicants since then. And if you have already lodged a 176, then why on earth have you applied for EOI? You don't need to as you have already lodged your visa (apparently).

On the other hand if you are only thinking of 176, then know that it is no longer known as the 176. And you need to get the TRA positive assessment before you lodge the EOI? Did you do this in the right order..?

Last edited by moneypenny20; Aug 16th 2012 at 4:08 am. Reason: corrected small typo as it 'could' be confusing.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 2:29 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you applying under Skill Select (which won't be a 176) then there's no way of predicting whether it will be a long wait - the system is so new that timelines are an unknown quantity.
The subject of sponsorship for hairdressers does come up regularly - I suggest you search back through the forum, you may come up with some leads that way.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

I can't believe hairdressing is regarded as a skill still!
Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Clearly you have not been through the first Australian hair-colouring experience. I went to a top notch salon in Sydney CBD and still ended up with yellow hair.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 9:45 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
I thought it was being dropped but obviously not.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

As you're under 31 you should be eligible did a WHV. I used that when I first came and took it from there. No guarantees though.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 10:13 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Zen10
I thought it was being dropped but obviously not.
I think you need sponsorship these days, either State or employer.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 3:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of your choices I'd definitely go the WHV route. Obviously there are no guarantees but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a sponsor willing to employ anyone who is 10,000 miles away when there are a fair few on the ground also looking for work especially with something like hairdressing where you actually need to see their work being carred out. From an employers point of view, just because you have seven years experience doesn't mean you are any good. iyswim.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Suem1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

What part u going to.