Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had phone call this morn fron Paulb

Had phone call this morn fron Paulb

Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:11 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Had phone call this morn fron Paulb

and they are driving up from Grafton in NSW to Brisbane cos they don't like it there.

He sounded as happy as Larry on the phone, said he was about 3 hours away. While driving the said that driving to Brissie was like driving home!! They are after some short term rental for approx 3 weeks.

He will be landing here soon and maybe popping down to the meet at Wellington Point.

So welcome Paul & co, hope you like it here mate

Ang
Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:37 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Had phone call this morn fron Paulb

Thought he had only just got to Grafton, he can't make his mind up that fast surely?

Tell him to try www.ozinvestrealty.com.au, or for few weeks short term would be just as well getting appartment at surfers in somewhere like pelican cove at bigger a waters or diamond sands at mermaid beach both ok appartments if he can get in.

Nice but quiet around our way Deception Bay and longer term houses for rent Paul.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:44 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I can say welcome to Brisbane after all, have just finished reading his other thread and realised I was to late because he had left for Grafton.

Welcome to Brisbane Paul and Co

Sharon
Old Nov 6th 2005, 6:21 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Well met Paul at lunchtime down on Wellington Point where the Bayside Crits meet was going on.

I was amazed cos he came walking up to me and said Hi Ang its you aint it and I couldn't believe it. Anyway he is now checking out some addresses that Mrs Dagboy gave him and then he is going to call me to let me know where he is.

He seemed happy together with his wife and 2 kids but tired.

Will keep you posted

Ang
Old Nov 6th 2005, 8:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... well I guess you don't move your life 12,000 miles around the globe to let somewhere grow on you - if it doesn't feel right from the get-go, and you don't have any specific reason to stay there - then don't.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 8:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hmmm... well I guess you don't move your life 12,000 miles around the globe to let somewhere grow on you - if it doesn't feel right from the get-go, and you don't have any specific reason to stay there - then don't.

Soo true, I think its very brave to up sticks and make inroads to a better move, I for one salute anyone with the balls to have come all this way, and then say NO this aint rite, pack ya bags we is off..

Good Onya Paul n co.

Steve n Brizzy Tribe
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Thanks angie for the post
It's good to hear that Paul and family have arrived and are happy
wish them all the best from me
jacqui
Old Nov 6th 2005, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

????? I thought Paul was driving out of Brisbane? I'm confused now!!!
Does this mean he'll be there when I arrive in 4 weeks time?
How's things Ang? Can't wait to meet you. See you soon.
Claire. x
Old Nov 6th 2005, 8:04 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he found somewhere amongst the stuff I gave him, I'll give him a call later & see how he got on .
Old Nov 6th 2005, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

I said Deception Bay looked nice but my sister said it wasn't quite as good and quiet as it looked. Please can you advice what it is like there, if you can, lol, that is, I don't want to put you on the spot. I am coming over next year and was looking at some houses there they looked great.

would really appreciate another point of view
cheers
lace x
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:37 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Deception Bay so far nice and quiet to us...we are at top end on new estate North Rise ... Moreton Downs area.

Shops all nice and clean and not graffiti everywhere. Haven't seen gangs of roaming kids and handy for Brisbane, only 30 minutes to centre of Brisbane.

However if you want some beach to sit on Deception Bay has sort of mud flats crossed with UK style sand that is good for a walk but no good for lazing on.

If you want nice beach you can just go to Redcliffe which is 10 mins away has beach to sit on and swim off and also Lagoon (big swimming pool for free with lifeguard) on water front just along from pier that kids love. Kippa ring in Redcliffe has Cinema with all usual films and plenty of big shops.

We are in Deception Bay so biased but seems quieter than Redcliffe but still has plenty shops with what you need, there is also Scarbourgh on edge of Redcliffe as well that you could try. Bribie Island only 30 minutes away with lovely beaches as well and you can get ferries from Scarbourgh across to Morton Island for lazy days.

If you want busier non city life you need to go to surfers area below Brisbane.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that annqldau,
my sister lives in Redcliffe and has suggested we buy a house there but they are very expensive, I saw a nice one in Deception bay that we could afford without too much trouble. I will look you up when we get there, we are coming out about May next year hopefully if we get the visa, if not we are still coming lol thanks
lace xx
Old Nov 7th 2005, 9:15 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hope he found somewhere amongst the stuff I gave him, I'll give him a call later & see how he got on .
I spoke to Paul earlier, he's found somewhere to stay for a week & has already been out looking at houses to rent in the area, has some promising leads on work & has bought some beer for his fridge .

He's hoping that he will be able to log on soon from where he is staying .
Old Nov 7th 2005, 10:07 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

can't wait to hear his adventures, although I bet he's completely shattered with all the travelling
Old Nov 7th 2005, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mandi248
can't wait to hear his adventures, although I bet he's completely shattered with all the travelling

Yeh, me too! Come on Paul, we wanna talk to you mate!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.