Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Had an offer on the house!!!

Wikiposts

Had an offer on the house!!!

Old Apr 11th 2003, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Had an offer on the house!!!

Hi Guys

Had an offer on the house, abit lower than asking price, but we just want out of here!!!! There is no chain, buyers have had mortgage agreed just got to do paperwork. Not counting my chickens until we exchange contracts this time.

Going away to Selsey for a few days, hoping to aclimatise ready for Oz!!!!!!!!

c-ya in a week
Yve
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:01 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Had an offer on the house!!!

Originally posted by abergas
Hi Guys

Had an offer on the house, abit lower than asking price, but we just want out of here!!!! There is no chain, buyers have had mortgage agreed just got to do paperwork. Not counting my chickens until we exchange contracts this time.

c-ya in a week
Yve

Fantastic news. Fingers crossed this time

Jo
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done . Keeping fingers crossed for you.

footie chick
Old Apr 11th 2003, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

c-ya in a week
Yve
Good Luck !!

Terry
Old Apr 12th 2003, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations, weve also had offer on house, no chain etc, good innit????????brisbane here we come, fingers crossed for the surveys!!!!! :PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:
Old Apr 12th 2003, 6:09 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations! They say things happen in three's, can we be next please?

Steph
Old Apr 12th 2003, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Funnily enough so have we , very slightly below asking price so we are 'thinking about it' till Monday. Strange thing was it wasn't from the family who were ecstatic over it, came to see it twice and measured up for their furniture. So we might have 2 offers, both with chains

Suddenly it all feels like it might come together just right (not counting chickens!)
Mash...

!!
Hi Guys

c-ya in a week
Yve
Old Apr 12th 2003, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

sam&steve is an unknown quantity at this point

CONGRATS, to all
Old Apr 12th 2003, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz
Funnily enough so have we , very slightly below asking price so we are 'thinking about it' till Monday. Strange thing was it wasn't from the family who were ecstatic over it, came to see it twice and measured up for their furniture. So we might have 2 offers, both with chains

Suddenly it all feels like it might come together just right (not counting chickens!)
Mash...

!!
Hey Mash,

Thats good news, cut and run if you're happy with the offer eh

Our buyer has had the survey done, looking to exchange a week on Friday, then complete the following Friday,

Good luck,

Let us know,

Cheers,

:PARTY:
Old Apr 12th 2003, 9:15 am
No wuckin furries mate

brox is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one.
Old Apr 12th 2003, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Congratulations and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Jan :-)
Old Apr 13th 2003, 11:26 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Well done all.not about to do a PB,but learn from BB manor,and if the buyers say they're chain free/cash buyer etc.etc,get the agents and solicitors to confirm,especially if you take a drop in price.

BB-one day I'll practice what I preach
Old Apr 14th 2003, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

Perthplease is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to you all, we have just had a offer on our gaff, and we have accepted, thats 3 people who want the place, but still on the market as noone has coughed a deposit yet.

we will see eh!!

we are getting close to our entry date aswell, 4 July things aint moving fast enough on the housing market, so I might have to go out and come back without the missus, leave her there, and ring her up from Rio with a big wonger in me pocket when the house is sold and tell her I got on the wrong flight....

:scared:
Old Apr 14th 2003, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Perth please,

We have just sagreed a price and fixtures etc...
What stage should we ask for deposit and how much... Must admit we were perhaps going to ask at exchange point but not earlier...what do you think?

Mash...

Originally posted by Perthplease
Good luck to you all, we have just had a offer on our gaff, and we have accepted, thats 3 people who want the place, but still on the market as noone has coughed a deposit yet.

we will see eh!!

we are getting close to our entry date aswell, 4 July things aint moving fast enough on the housing market, so I might have to go out and come back without the missus, leave her there, and ring her up from Rio with a big wonger in me pocket when the house is sold and tell her I got on the wrong flight....

:scared:
Old Apr 14th 2003, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Perthplease is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mash,

We have verbally agreed to sell our house to 3 different people,

1st lady- we hope to do a private sale with her - dependent on selling her house, which she hasn't at the moment, will save us over 3 grand in fees to estate agents.

2nd lady also love the house, agreed a price, but haven't sold their flat yet, so without no deposit we will not take it of the market.

3rd couple - came yesterday, put in a offer today, refused it, came up with another offer extra 4k, we acceppted this, but the house is still on the market untill we get a non-refundable deposit, If people muck me around they can say goodbye to their deposit as far as i'm concerned.

so maybe my case is a little diffferent from most, the estate agent is sending a letter to us for us to agree this offer yesterday, but will not sign anything untill a deposit comes into my palm.

good lluck

PP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.